Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy with the Pink Un Pickers.

Here as promised is the latest standings in our PUP''s[&] League. (Thanks Gentleman Jim for that name - I love it!) There''s a few 100%ers coming up on the rails who haven''t quite made enough selections yet. Tilly and Kathy are closest with 3-3 flying the flag for the nCIsA.

I will be back later with a selection.

Picker

Season

Season %

Arrdee

9-9

Inch High

9-9

We8wba

5-5

Trent Canary

8-9

GazzaTCC

4-5

Obiwancanary

4-5

Sparkos

4-5

Cosmic Twin

7-9

Hissing Sid

7-9

P’boro_canary

7-9

Shack Attack

7-9

Beaker

6-8

Blahblahblah

5-7

Camuldonum

5-7

1st Wazzock

6-9

7Rew

4-6

Delia’s Devon..

6-9

Fellas

6-9

Gorleston Jim

6-9

Leeds Canary

6-9

Lucky green trainers

6-9

MacDougall’s perm

4-6

Newyorkcanary

6-9

Nutty nigel

6-9

Robert N Lim

4-6

Scooby

4-6

Mr Bump

4-6

Cityangel

5-8

Muddy funster

5-8

Methcanary

3-5

Graham Humphrey

5-9

The Butler

5-9

Berkshire Canary

4-8

NCFC Shaun

4-8

NCFC Star

3-6

Hey ho, International weekend again. Lots of decent picks, but most of them would have tiny odds so I''m off to League 1 this week with

Scunthorpe v Crewe - Home Win

Scunny are bang in form at the moment with 8 wins and a draw from their last 9, Crewe meanwhile have lost 5 of their last 7.

Good luck NYC.

OTBC

The problem is, do I go for a cert, as every penny won is good, or do I go for good odds as tyhe more money the better? [*-)]

Well I suppose that''s down to you NYC and not us really so I''ll give you my cert and wish you the best of luck.

HOLLAND to win at home Vs Iceland.  Come on you Cloggies!!!

My selection this week, Greece v Moldova, home win for Greece.

This week I am going to have to agree with Gentleman Jim for Wycombe to take all 3 points at what is bound to be a freezing cold Blundell Park against Grimsby.

Grimsby have endured a rotten start to the season amassing 3 measley points from draws and only managing to stay out of the drop zone thanks to the misfortunes of Bournemouth, Rotherham and Luton, 9 games in and Wycombe have maintained their unbeaten run and are yet to conceed a goal away from home - with Grimsby only scoring once in the league at Blundell Park I can''t see this run coming to an end this week.

Grimsby v Wycombe - Away Win

Good luck New York Canary!!!

By the way, Ray, can you remind me what week I''m picking, I think it was November but can''t quite remember... don''t get much of a chance to get on here at the moment so don''t want to miss my turn!! Hopefully I''ll do better than my individual picks - Nutty can probably confirm, but I think I''m on something like 8 predicted, 8 lost... woop...

I''m on the crest of a slump but things are just about to change so....

Oldham v Hereford......Home win.

Goon luck NYC. [Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

I''m on the crest of a slump but things are just about to change so....

Oldham v Hereford......Home win.

Goon luck NYC. [Y]

[/quote]That should be GOOD luck, sorry! [:$]

Hello everyone, my nap this week is going to be European champions Spain to beat Estonia away from home, surely with all that creative midfield talent Spain will be able to unlock the Estonian defence at least once. I know away games are sometimes tricky to predict but this looks nailed on to me, especially with Torres and Villa up front.

Good luck New York canary!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]By the way, Ray, can you remind me what week I''m picking, I think it was November but can''t quite remember... don''t get much of a chance to get on here at the moment so don''t want to miss my turn!! Hopefully I''ll do better than my individual picks - Nutty can probably confirm, but I think I''m on something like 8 predicted, 8 lost... woop...
[/quote]

Yep Jason I will put the rota on for the rest of this year just in case anyone else is unsure of their slot....

Oct 18----Hissing Sid

Oct 25----Inch High

Nov 1st---Leeds C

Nov 8th---Norfolkchance1

Nov 15----Evil M.........something special happened on this day a few yrs ago.

Nov 24----Shack A

Nov 29---Blahblahblah

Dec 6th---Yankee C......A good date for you Yankee and all of us as it turned out.

Dec 13----Graham H

Dec 20----D Devon D

Dec 27----Sports team Pete.

Now If any of you lovely old Pickers are unable to make these dates let me know please . If you cant , don''t worry it will not reflect on you in anyway, as I am stuffed out with lovely old Pickers wanting to make the final selections . Talk to you all later....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]By the way, Ray, can you remind me what week I''m picking, I think it was November but can''t quite remember... don''t get much of a chance to get on here at the moment so don''t want to miss my turn!! Hopefully I''ll do better than my individual picks - Nutty can probably confirm, but I think I''m on something like 8 predicted, 8 lost... woop...
[/quote]

Yep Jason I will put the rota on for the rest of this year just in case anyone else is unsure of their slot....

Oct 18----Hissing Sid

Oct 25----Inch High

Nov 1st---Leeds C

Nov 8th---Norfolkchance1

Nov 24----Shack A

Nov 29---Blahblahblah

Dec 6th---Yankee C......A good date for you Yankee and all of us as it turned out.

Dec 13----Graham H

Dec 20----D Devon D

Now If any of you lovely old Pickers are unable to make these dates let me know please . If you cant , don''t worry it will not reflect on you in anyway, as I am stuffed out with lovely old Pickers wanting to make the final selections . Talk to you all later....arrdee.

[/quote]

Nov 8th is being written in my diary at this very moment, cheers for reminder Arrdee.

I''m not a fan of gambling on international football as its usually a minefield, but my nap this weekend is Argentina to beat Uruguay.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

Oct 18----Hissing Sid

Oct 25----Inch High

Nov 1st---Leeds C

Nov 8th---Norfolkchance1

Nov 24----Shack A

Nov 29---Blahblahblah

Dec 13----Graham H

Dec 20----D Devon D

[/quote]

I think you have all seen that the Picker making the final selections over Xmas is Sports desk Pete , well as it was between Pete and Lappinitup I thought I would go with Pete , as we have on the one hand  Pete extolling the virtues for goodness sake of Bristol Rov''s or the "Gas" as he calls them , for some reason that I have yet to arrive at ,  then we have Lapp...Dear oh dear as I am sure you are aware Lapp is incoherent on sat afternoons , Heaven only knows his condition over xmas. You see we have Bristol Rovers wherever they are playing  or Little Barningham v Matlaske , no doubt Lapp''s fancy will revolve around some old "bloom" from the distant past .

So you can see why I am going with Pete , you never know your luck the "Gas" might...err,err,  I had thought about scrubbing the xmas week off altogether and doubling the stake in the first week in Jan with Mr Bu...oops .I mustn''t give the New Year rota away yet but you never know your luck on the Free Bet...arrdee.

Greetings Pink Un Pickers (PUP''s [&] ) ... Alright [Y]

Now we can go on a boat trip all over the world to find good things this week. And our final selections will have an international flavour as they are being done by Newyorkcanary who I''m sure is going to be king of the hill - top of the heap . So a topical tip would have been USA to beat Cuba, and while I think this will happen these vagabond shoes are longing to stray and I was intrigued by another game in that part of the world. Costa Rica have scored 11 and conceded 1 while Surinam have scored 2 and conceded 11. So I''m going for :-

Surinam V Costa Rica     Away Win.

But.........

Its up to you - newyork, new york[8][:S]

My selection this week is England mainly because I think they will win but also they play sat . I don''t think I can take anymore stick over my Monday evening kick off....[:D]....arrdee

Well it is my birthday today pinkun pickers so I am feeling like whatever my nap it''ll be a winner. Was sorely tempted by Turkey to beat Bosnia-Herzegovina at home, but instead I''m going for an away win for Spain against the mighty Estonians.

Estonia to lose to SPAIN.

I really can''t see a sniff of an upset there. Even with Spain''s self destruct button due another press.

Having been offline for 4 days I didn''t think I was going to get a chance to pick this week...[6]

Good old Virgin Media to the rescue...

So, it''s got to be Bury to bury Exeter

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Well it is my birthday today pinkun pickers so I am feeling like whatever my nap it''ll be a winner. Was sorely tempted by Turkey to beat Bosnia-Herzegovina at home, but instead I''m going for an away win for Spain against the mighty Estonians. Estonia to lose to SPAIN. I really can''t see a sniff of an upset there. Even with Spain''s self destruct button due another press.

[/quote] Well what about that then? Two PUPs with their birthdays on the same day. Would you Christmas Eve it? Sadly I am out of season (so to speak) so it would never happen to me.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Well it is my birthday today pinkun pickers so I am feeling like whatever my nap it''ll be a winner. Was sorely tempted by Turkey to beat Bosnia-Herzegovina at home, but instead I''m going for an away win for Spain against the mighty Estonians. Estonia to lose to SPAIN. I really can''t see a sniff of an upset there. Even with Spain''s self destruct button due another press.

[/quote] Well what about that then? Two PUPs with their birthdays on the same day. Would you Christmas Eve it? Sadly I am out of season (so to speak) so it would never happen to me.

[quote user="Kathy"]

[/quote]Poor Kathy. Let us know when you come into season as there are plenty of us PUPs who would love to help. (doggy fashion of course). [:D]

Now then ardee you lovely old boy, I can assure you I won''t be picking the Gas over the festive period as both fixtures are away and Rovers are woeful away from the Mem. Instead, my selections will be influenced by them at the top of that there league table thing, so you can sleep easy.

Secondly, allow me to fill you in on the reasons behind Rovers bearing the nickname of the Gas (along with the more official tag of The Pirates).

The "Gas" was originally a derogatory name given to the mighty Rovers by them lot South of the river currently punching above their weight in the Championship. This was a reference to the gas works next to the old Bristol Rovers stadium (now the site of an IKEA store) which would waft over the crowd. Rovers'' fans turned this slur on its head however and adopted the Gasheads as their own - a term which is now accepted within the media and the footballing world.