Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

PICK BELL AND NOT CROFT !!!

everybody seems to love croft, fair enough he works hard and trys, and he is a threat running with the ball, but he never delivers a good ball in !

hes scored twice in about 2 seasons ?

from what i saw of bell and his quality of passes and crosses, id have him in any day of the week

:)

Bell''s crossing isn''t that great. Not that I think we can judge him on the half an hour he''s played for NCFC anyway. As you say though, at least Croft gives it his all. I don''t mind seeing as lose as long as I feel all 11 out there have given their all for the cause.

Why are they mutually exclusive anyway? Croft on the right flank, and Bell in the middle with Clingan would be my pick.

I''ve seen Bell at luton a few times. he lacks pace and his crossing isn''t great, in fact i''m surprised he''s touted as a winger. he''s not a bad ball winner

I''d take Croft on the wing every time

I''d never seen him play until the Derby game, and I agree he lacks pace, but...

Bell has already put in more decent crosses in his City career than Croft has in his. He looked outstanding on the right against Derby - the only bright spot of the afternoon. If he''s better in the middle than he is on the right, then we have signed a very good player.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

I''d never seen him play until the Derby game, and I agree he lacks pace, but...

Bell has already put in more decent crosses in his City career than Croft has in his. He looked outstanding on the right against Derby - the only bright spot of the afternoon. If he''s better in the middle than he is on the right, then we have signed a very good player.

[/quote]

I think David Bell looks like he could be a good player but to say he was "outstanding" on the right in his brief appearance against Derby is... very flattering. He did alright, he slung a couple of balls into the box in the right kind of area and he tried to use the ball sensibly. Next you''re going to be telling us that Mark Fotheringham came off the bench to carve Derby wide open with his stunning array of forward passes.

As I said on the other thread...Lee Croft put in our best cross of the game against Derby. Or do some people just have their eyes closed when Croft does something well?

GJP, I just replied on the other thread - can you remind me of that cross? This is a serious question - I don''t know the one you mean and I am trying to be as open-minded about Croft as I can

[quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Can Bell score goals???? If so i''d have him in the team over anyone!![/quote]

Yes,check out You Tube for a cracker he scored for Luton. The lad is quality and , if he stays fit, will be a major signing for us.

Personally, I''d pick Chadwick over them all - and it looks like MK Dons might agree (before anyone starts, yes I know it''s league 1). I like Croft, Bell has potential and Hoolahan has to come good at some point. Croft works well as an impact sub.

I cant believe some people are going over board and hyping up Bell already without having hardly having seen him play. We loan players down the league they score a few goals and people say they have found their level (Spillane, Martin). Bell scores one great goal at a lower level and he''s bloody amazing, by all accounts most luton fans found him to be inconsistent at League 1. I hope he turns out to be a great signing and lets get behind the lad, but let''s not put the cart before the horse!

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I cant believe some people are going over board and hyping up Bell already without having hardly having seen him play. We loan players down the league they score a few goals and people say they have found their level (Spillane, Martin). Bell scores one great goal at a lower level and he''s bloody amazing, by all accounts most luton fans found him to be inconsistent at League 1. I hope he turns out to be a great signing and lets get behind the lad, but let''s not put the cart before the horse![/quote]

Well said Beagle - he''s played less than a half of football in the yellow n green and people are portraying him as the messiah. Some fans really do beggar belief.

Maybe play Bell out on the left, with hoolahoop in the middle playing just behind the stikers. With Croft running the right wing with Clingan in the middle, that would be quite a good attacking threat.

I think he means when croft nearly scored from his cross that the sub keeper pussed away over the bar. that cross.

Why are you talking about playing people out of positions  !!

hoolahan plays on the left, so keep him there

bell looks better than croft, so play him there

i dont care if croft ''givies it his all'', when he cant cross, or shoot, and has scored like twice in 2 seasons !!

[quote user="Doc Isnt A Veteran "]

i dont care if croft ''givies it his all'', when he cant cross, or shoot, and has scored like twice in 2 seasons !!

[/quote]

Utterly ridiculous.

I remember thinking at the Derby game, after Bell came on and slung in a lovely cross, that ''that was the best ball i''ve seen City play all season''. Can''t say i remember Crofty putting in any good ones, during that game especially.

But i reckon crofty''s done well recently (excellent on everything but the final ball, but fingers crossed that''ll magically click into place!), and deserves his place, so my vote goes to a midfield of Wes on the left, Croft right, and Clingan and Bell in the centre. We haven''t seen a lot of Bell, but he can''t be worse than Fotheringham.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Doc Isnt A Veteran "]

[/quote]

Utterly ridiculous.

[/quote]  Is it ridiculous GJP because ''Doc Isnt A Veteran'' has a different opinion to you? 

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Doc Isnt A Veteran "]

[/quote]

Utterly ridiculous.

[/quote]  Is it ridiculous GJP because ''Doc Isnt A Veteran'' has a different opinion to you? [/quote]

Nope. It''s utterily ridiculous to determine that Bell looks better than Croft on the right when he only played there for 10 or 15 minutes and didn''t do anything remarkable.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[/quote]this is my view also - bell has the look of a real footballer about him,,,when fit, he''ll get the nod over crofty, make no mistake...sure, crofty is improving, and his direct run and goal against sheff utd gave a glimpse of what this boy could be all about, but for me, he disappointed me against derby - all bluster and no real effort to take players on...i was urging the boy to be more direct, but he seemed in a faffing about mood, thinking he had more time on the ball than he did - ffs crofty - get the ball and run at players, you can you know - and when you get to the edge of the area, either pass to a fudging yella jersey who''s unmarked, oranticpate a strikers run by putting a low ball into the near post 6 yarder, or hang one up at the back stick, or pull one back to the pen spot area...an aimless hoof,especially without looking up is criminal in my book///how we miss the craft and guile of hux/..

[quote user="Doc Isnt A Veteran "]

ill run up and down the pitch all day like a headless chicken without creating anything? but it doesnt matter because i tried ??

[/quote]

You can if you want but I''d rather see a talented player like Lee Croft on the right wing.

We know next to nothing about Bell as a player at this level, if we had all seen Crofts debut and judged him on that against Leeds a couple of seasons back we would have all thought we''d signed Ronaldo. Lets just keep it in perspective before we go overboard. I too hope he is going to be good, but I will be waiting to see what he brings over the course of the season.

Funny how we all see different games - but I notice it''s often the same names on this board with whom I find myself agreeing. I like Croft because he''s an out and out winger, tries hard (usually) and I like wingers! But beating his man doesn''t come easy and his crossing is, well not always what''s required. Have only seen that wee bit of Bell but he looks a notch above many of the others - with the exception of Clingan perhaps. I may be wrong but I see those two as becoming very important this season: their first touch seems good and Bell, liked Clingan, seemed to want the ball. Croft will be a good reserve and even a first choice in some line ups but I don''t think he has the same level of technique. (But then I liked both Chadwick and Lappin when they played for us!). Either way injuries permitting, both Fotheringham and Pattison will struggle to establish themselves as first choices hereon in.