Sign in to follow this  
Al Yellow

Arsenal Match

I was at the Arsenal game yesterday, freebie ticket through work before I get accused of disloyalty, and I must admit to being a little fearful about Saturday. The pace and movement were incredible and the number of chances which didn''t go in, well it doesn''t bear thinking about. However there are positives: firstly we have to hope that Arsenal pick up the record against Blackburn on Wednesday leaving them in a (too) relaxed mood for our game; secondly the atmosphere at the fortress may get to them (although not the Highbury library I''ve heard, or not, on a previous visit it was still pretty quiet particularly in the first half); thirdly stastically they have to have an off game at some point!

Someones got to beat them and hopefully having played MU and Newcastle we will have stopped being nervous and over respectfull.

chances are we will get stuffed. But then thats to be expected. If Mddlesbro let in 5 so can anyone

Arsenal are class lets just enjoy it! Then back to business and some points

im sure they wont try to hard and make us look bad..............

I think Boro made the mistake of scoring against them early on and then trying to win it. Keep it nil-nil [!] and then score a last minute winner - its the only way...

I am hoping that, with the record is out of the way, and if Arsenal go a couple of goals up, they will take it easy and conserve their energy for more demanding matches.

Of course, what I''m REALLY hoping is that City give them a footballing lesson...but the former seems the more likely scenario.

Of course, a further scenario is that they mercilessly hammer in as many goals as they can to boost their goal difference and have a crack at a Permiership scoring record or something.

I''m hoping for at least a point on Wednesday night though, as City looked a bit more assured once they got their footing on Saturday.

Agree vlad. I watched the match and the result was unfair on Arsenal. They absolutely dominated the game, and if it wasn''t for boro taking their only chances (job''s and Hasselbainks'' goals were very well taken btw) Arsenal would have won much more decisively. I still feel that we can win the game through battling in the middle of the park. Gilberto and fabregas and a great midfield, and reyes is more of an attacker than midfielder. If Francis and holt/safri can get in the mix early on in the game then we can get something from it

Arsenal may now want to get rid of there unbeaten run to take the pressure off themselves, but thats really because im trying to be very realistic. It seems they can score for fun, whenever they want and as many times as they want. Another optimistic view would be that the may drop there guard now they have broken Nott Forests record, althoug, once again im tryin to be very optimistic

I think the Vicar''s right on this one - obviously I want us to win, but Arsenal are far and above any other team in this league, in my opinion, and if we got any points from this game it''d be a fantastic achievement!

Realistically, we have to accept that Arsenal are just too good, and we should enjoy the wonderful attacking football they play whilst it lasts, in the knowledge we''re watching a record breaking team. After that, we concentrate on collecting points...

Hopefully the noise at FCR will get to them - I dont think so - They have played at bigger and more vocal grounds during their record and they still havent cracked. Have been a supporter all my life and would love us to do it but realistically speaking ''we will get beat''. 3-1 down against Middlesborough with only 30 mins left and they still win 5-3. Yes I admit that their record has got to go at some stage but don''t think it will be us that takes the honour.

Hope Worthy also tells the lads to beware of the rebound against Newcastle on Wed. The defeat they had on Sat was the worst thing that could have happened for us and Bellars and Co will be desperately wanting to put one over on us and get their season started. Its not Shearer I fear so much but Bellars. His pace is frightening and like another poster said they also have a speedy midfield that can break and score in a flash. With Newcastle and Arsenal to come maybe our season wont start until after them. Hope I am wrong about our next two results though. OTBC.

The gooners game is what the prem is all about. WORLD, not just good, class players performing at their best will be a delight to see and worth the price of my season ticket alone - Yes I will be going to watch Henry, Reyes, Pires, Bergkamp (again) etc but it does not make me any less of a ity fan. If need be we need to react like the pompey fans did when thrashed at home last season and acknowledge Englands best team. This game excites me far more than facing manure at OT.

However I will still be urging the boys in yellow on for 90 mins and praying that we can get a positive result against them - that would be awesome and just about make my season.

Come on you yellas!

i completely echo your sentiments, zipper

this is my match of the season and i can''t wait to see us against what is without doubt a world class team, if we get anything from the match (even a draw) it will be a major achievement - all we can hope for is that our boys enjoy every moment, play at their best and we are all treated to a cracking game