Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Norwich spend £150,000 on a conservatory

Agree about priorities jas, and it''s starting /started to make fans question what''s going on at the club that a conservatory gets priority over player/players.

It just maybe that the likes of watford; qpr and crystal palace can have lower quality facilities because they are London based and young footballers want to live in London rather than the middle of nowhere.

I''ve got us down to beat Preston 2-1 on Saturday with the Conservatory to score the first  goal. I know historically conservatories don''t score many but at £150,000 this one must be a bit special.

Norwich City didn''t spend 150k on a conservatory. I am in the know, and being told over and over again the conservatory didn''t cost that much alone. the stuff inside may cost that but the building aint that big (and apparently botched after anglian botched the first one they put up at colney to make it look even!!! alledgedly)

[quote user="National express super guard "]Norwich City didn''t spend 150k on a conservatory. I am in the know, and being told over and over again the conservatory didn''t cost that much alone. the stuff inside may cost that but the building aint that big (and apparently botched after anglian botched the first one they put up at colney to make it look even!!! alledgedly)
[/quote]

like i said.. i dont care what they spent on it or if it was free.. its the boards priorities that are F****ing this club up!.

just what is the conservatory used for at colney?

does it hold a science lab where white coated professors will create a new "Superteam" to get us out of the mes we are in??? because if it doesnt then it should be pulled down brick by brick IMO

jas :)

[quote user="National express super guard "]just passing on what that woman on the sofa keeps telling me about that conservatory. it'' something to do with a gym, so the players can look butch. this works until a bigger midfield scares us.
you''re not a happy camper today are you jas?
[/quote]

its getting near match day.. what do you expect?! Lol!

jas :)

[quote user="T"]It just maybe that the likes of watford; qpr and crystal palace can have lower quality facilities because they are London based and young footballers want to live in London rather than the middle of nowhere.[/quote]

Do you think the clubs policy is working then T?

Mr C welcome back I trust you had a good holiday. Ah the question strategy is a good message board one is it not - where did you get that from? ;-) According to the league table which is all that matters it looks as if it is working about as well as the various policies followed by Watford, Charlton, Soton  and Palace i.e.it is not right now. Me thinks somehow finding someone else crazy and rich enough to co-invest or buy out the existing shareholders is the only way forward - changing mangers/players/off-field investments is really only moving the deckchairs around on the ship. It may help but not enough to make a fundamental difference unless you happen to get lucky as I can''t see that we can afford a fundamental change in manager or players.  

[quote user="T"]Mr C welcome back I trust you had a good holiday. Ah the question strategy is a good message board one is it not - where did you get that from? ;-) According to the league table which is all that matters it looks as if it is working about as well as the various policies followed by Watford, Charlton, Soton  and Palace i.e.it is not right now. Me thinks somehow finding someone else crazy and rich enough to co-invest or buy out the existing shareholders is the only way forward - changing mangers/players/off-field investments is really only moving the deckchairs around on the ship. It may help but not enough to make a fundamental difference unless you happen to get lucky as I can''t see that we can afford a fundamental change in manager or players.  [/quote]

Fair enough T, i think you`ve pretty much answered my post on another thread with that.  Two hols to be precise, both enjoyable so thanks [:)]

It`s been said a million times before but the league table is not the most important thing for myself and many other supporters.  Just as we ended up in financial trouble, relegated and nine years in the second division due to Chase`s infrastructure before players approach, we are very obviously heading in the same direction for the same reason.  I`ve been saying for several years that if you sideline the most important thing more ambitious teams will jump above you and a downward spiral sets in- i don`t take any pleasure in being right, but IMO having repeated the same mistake the board have no right to ask for patience or loyalty from supporters.

I can honestly say that were City in it`s current position due to Worthy being given the parachute payments and transfer fees in full to reinvest and him cocking it up i would blame him, not the board, and would still be attending.

[quote user="National express super guard "]Norwich City didn''t spend 150k on a conservatory. I am in the know, and being told over and over again the conservatory didn''t cost that much alone. the stuff inside may cost that but the building aint that big (and apparently botched after anglian botched the first one they put up at colney to make it look even!!! alledgedly)[/quote]It did cost 150K, Anglians proportion was a 6 figure sum, but you have to take into consideration the number of people involved in the project externally to Anglian. Norwich had their own team of surveyors/architects, the conservatory IS big - about as big as they get - Anglian didnt botch it, their was a small leak which was sealed and they put a support bar in a place which meant a fan couldnt be incorporated, hardly botched. Norwich used a famous local firm of very expensive architects and project managers. The cost also relates to the removal of a part of the wall to make the unit ''open plan'' which required additional building regs approval and a huge lintel.

Surely the question regarding this now infamous conservatory is why we commissioned its planning and building and how the costs escalated to the sum stated. Is there anyone who can verify these facts for sure? Has anyone seen the monster glass house? Perish the thought anyone should throw some stones.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"] they put a support bar in a place which meant a fan couldnt be incorporated[/quote]Now there''s a surprise.