Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Norwich spend £150,000 on a conservatory

[quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="Fuglestad"]"yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear"well Norwich might not disappear in the foreseeable future, but clubs are disappearing you utter moron. Eventually there will only be about 40 professional clubs, if not less. The big b*stards has been wanting it for years. I know these clubs are much smaller than Norwich, but do you really think clubs such as Luton (The Real Norwich City) and Rotherham will last much longer?

Biting the dust

Scarborough

Founded in 1879, went into liquidation in June 2007 owing

more than £2m. A new club, Scarborough Athletic FC, formed by the Seadog supporters trust, currently stands top of the Kool Sport Northern Counties East League Division One

Halifax Town

Insolvent four times in the 13 years since 1995, went into administration in March this year and failed to recover. Expelled from the Conference for failing to pay creditors and ceased to exist in May. A reformed FC Halifax Town started this season in the UniBond League Division One North

Nuneaton Borough

Finished in seventh place last season in Conference North and declared to be in liquidation by the club''s directors on June 2 this year. Renamed Nuneaton Town and demoted two divisions to the British Gas Southern Football League Midlands Division

Boston United

A member of the Football League as recently as May 2007 but failed to pay creditors last season and was not accepted back into the Conference. Boston are now in the UniBond Premier Division, competing against, among others, Bradford Park Avenue and the supporter-owned FC United of Manchester.

Oh and we probably spent around 150,000 quid on Lappin and Chadwick''s wages this season. I''d rather have the conservatory than pay players to play for the reserves.

[/quote]

Do you honestly think NCFC is going to disapear with 25000 fans in every other week. Look at Leeds , they''re still here. Forest, Ipswich, Leicester. Now run along.Oh and i take great plesure from posters who revert to silly name calling, it kind of proves my arguement right.[:D]

[/quote]No I don''t think NCFC is going to disappear with 25000 fans in every other week. But we haven''t always had 25000 fans turning up, and we might not always get those gates. I remember when 14000 was a decent gate for us, and it''s not that long ago. I think it is incredibly depressing that clubs are going out of business when one Premiership reserve players wages would save them. I apologize for calling you a moron, I just get frustrated that clubs are going out of business and the media is still running on about Gerrard/Lampard not being able to play together. The FA need to sort themselves out but so do the football media. I took my frustrations out on you I''m afraid. My bad.

[quote user="National express super guard "]indeed you would know my wife then, and i apologise for not reading your post properly. i thought you were just another ranter[/quote]Shes one of the better ones in that department, very good at her job ;-) 

[quote user="Fuglestad"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="Fuglestad"]"yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear"

well Norwich might not disappear in the foreseeable future, but clubs are disappearing you utter moron. Eventually there will only be about 40 professional clubs, if not less. The big b*stards has been wanting it for years.

I know these clubs are much smaller than Norwich, but do you really think clubs such as Luton (The Real Norwich City) and Rotherham will last much longer?

Biting the dust

Scarborough

more than £2m. A new club, Scarborough Athletic FC, formed by the Seadog supporters trust, currently stands top of the Kool Sport Northern Counties East League Division One

Halifax Town

Insolvent four times in the 13 years since 1995, went into administration in March this year and failed to recover. Expelled from the Conference for failing to pay creditors and ceased to exist in May. A reformed FC Halifax Town started this season in the UniBond League Division One North

Nuneaton Borough

Finished in seventh place last season in Conference North and declared to be in liquidation by the club''s directors on June 2 this year. Renamed Nuneaton Town and demoted two divisions to the British Gas Southern Football League Midlands Division

Boston United

A member of the Football League as recently as May 2007 but failed to pay creditors last season and was not accepted back into the Conference. Boston are now in the UniBond Premier Division, competing against, among others, Bradford Park Avenue and the supporter-owned FC United of Manchester.

Oh and we probably spent around 150,000 quid on Lappin and Chadwick''s wages this season. I''d rather have the conservatory than pay players to play for the reserves.

[/quote]

Do you honestly think NCFC is going to disapear with 25000 fans in every other week. Look at Leeds , they''re still here. Forest, Ipswich, Leicester. Now run along.Oh and i take great plesure from posters who revert to silly name calling, it kind of proves my arguement right.[:D]

[/quote]

No I don''t think NCFC is going to disappear with 25000 fans in every other week. But we haven''t always had 25000 fans turning up, and we might not always get those gates. I remember when 14000 was a decent gate for us, and it''s not that long ago.

I think it is incredibly depressing that clubs are going out of business when one Premiership reserve players wages would save them. I apologize for calling you a moron, I just get frustrated that clubs are going out of business and the media is still running on about Gerrard/Lampard not being able to play together. The FA need to sort themselves out but so do the football media. I took my frustrations out on you I''m afraid. My bad.
[/quote]

No worries stad, you should hear the names Dorris calls me! Anyway i share your frustrations about players wages but ultimately that is the nature of the beast these days. Sad but true.[Y]

[quote user="Nostradamus"]You sound like an angry young man SuperWesIrishWizard, getting wound up about a lean-to. Perhaps you should go round and "punch them hard in the face"?[/quote]It isn''t a lean-to, if it was a cheap and simple lean-to it wouldnt have cost so much money (that figure doesnt include the new gym equipment by the way), it is in fact about as complex as a conservatory can get.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

Another pathetic post, at the end of the day we have so called fans that could talk any club into relegation let alone one of many clubs that are struggling with finances. We are not unique and if as many seem to want Delia does get spiteful and take you up on your desire for her to go who do you suggest will finance the club and the debt?   

[/quote]

yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear, just like they did when we kicked out the fat controller. God please I BEG YOU DELIA...get spiteful, i know you''re good a throwing your toys out so please, listen to Kev and do it. Saviour? my arse!

[/quote]

You can''t deny that she has saved the club Arthur, the money and the time she has put in is much more than any of you lot are prepared to do.
And nice conservatories attract good players :) , anyway its all part of our training ground which is regarded as one of the best in the country and Norwich is set up as a Premier League club with Premier League facilities, anyway if they spent £150k on this conservatory, then it has probably added £300k on to the value of Colney if it needed to be sold, another astute piece of business by our chairman! (Who deals with the day to day running of the club more than Delia Smith)
[/quote]

ellis mate, i think you need to read up on the recent history of NCFC with regards to saving the club and who is responsible for our wonderful traing ground.

[quote user="Grando"]The following is pasted from Rick Waghorn''s website: ----------------------------------------------------- Apparently the conservatory was one of the key factors in persuading Lita to join the Canaries on loan. "The quality of the brown uPVC and the pleasant aspect out onto the wonderful green fields of Colney really touched me," the Reading star exclusively told myfootballwriter.com. "Although Reading spent the last two seasons in the Premier they have no glass-based structures that can compare to this,'' he said. Indeed, sources in the northwest have suggested that former City playmaker Micky Phelan, now Assistant Manager at Manchester United, has reportedly approached Norwich with a view to signing the conservatory in the January transfer window. Negotiations however, are said to have stalled for the time being over environmental concerns. Whatever the truth of the matter, and whatever critics on the messageboards may be saying about the Canary''s current predicament, make no mistake: a good conservatory is vital for a modern-day football club. And Norwich City currently possess one of the best in the English game. Double-glazed to boot.[/quote]

Cool post mate, maybe you should be writing match day programmes, certainly had me and the missus laughing, cheers.

[quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

Another pathetic post, at the end of the day we have so called fans that could talk any club into relegation let alone one of many clubs that are struggling with finances. We are not unique and if as many seem to want Delia does get spiteful and take you up on your desire for her to go who do you suggest will finance the club and the debt?   

[/quote]

yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear, just like they did when we kicked out the fat controller. God please I BEG YOU DELIA...get spiteful, i know you''re good a throwing your toys out so please, listen to Kev and do it. Saviour? my arse!

[/quote]

You can''t deny that she has saved the club Arthur, the money and the time she has put in is much more than any of you lot are prepared to do.
And nice conservatories attract good players :) , anyway its all part of our training ground which is regarded as one of the best in the country and Norwich is set up as a Premier League club with Premier League facilities, anyway if they spent £150k on this conservatory, then it has probably added £300k on to the value of Colney if it needed to be sold, another astute piece of business by our chairman! (Who deals with the day to day running of the club more than Delia Smith)
[/quote]

ellis mate, i think you need to read up on the recent history of NCFC with regards to saving the club and who is responsible for our wonderful traing ground.

[/quote]

May i just add that the money she puts in she''ll get back, will i ever see a penny of the 10''s of thousands i''ve spent on watching them?

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]You can''t deny that she has saved the club Arthur, the money and the time she has put in is much more than any of you lot are prepared to do.And nice conservatories attract good players :) , anyway its all part of our training ground which is regarded as one of the best in the country and Norwich is set up as a Premier League club with Premier League facilities, anyway if they spent £150k on this conservatory, then it has probably added £300k on to the value of Colney if it needed to be sold, another astute piece of business by our chairman! (Who deals with the day to day running of the club more than Delia Smith)[/quote]What a load of crap, a conservatory is never a good investment and never adds profit to a residential property yet alone a building which couldnt be used for anything. If colney was sold, do you think the investor wants an ugly commercial building as a house with a huge expanse of land? it would make way for a housing estate or an industrial estate.If you have a house and buy a conservatory for £25k, and the alternative was a similar size extension for the same amount of money, you have a room which is useless in winter and lasts ten years instead of a room which can be classed as valued floorspace, such as a living room or a dining room. Estate agents and valuers use a comparitive method of valuation which only takes into account real living space, so lounge, dining room, bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen and then multiply the floorspace of those rooms by the comparitive local average for recent sales. A conservatory is an added extra, that conservatory on a typical large house in Norwich would add 75k onto the valuation if it was newly built, about 30k if it was 10 years old (when the warranty is void). An extension of that size if used for the right purpose - the best would be for two new guest bedrooms or a large double bedroom with an ensuite - could add between 100k - 160k (very max on prestige building and built to exacting standards)  onto the value of the property. I suggest you go on right move and see what you can get outside of the city for 300k, and then come back and tell me that anybody would pay 300k for a conservatory alone. If you still think that your right then clearly you are a fool.And yes I do have a degree in property.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What a load of crap, a conservatory is never a good investment and never adds profit to a residential property yet alone a building which couldnt be used for anything. If colney was sold, do you think the investor wants an ugly commercial building as a house with a huge expanse of land? it would make way for a housing estate or an industrial estate.

If you have a house and buy a conservatory for £25k, and the alternative was a similar size extension for the same amount of money, you have a room which is useless in winter and lasts ten years instead of a room which can be classed as valued floorspace, such as a living room or a dining room.

Estate agents and valuers use a comparitive method of valuation which only takes into account real living space, so lounge, dining room, bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen and then multiply the floorspace of those rooms by the comparitive local average for recent sales. A conservatory is an added extra, that conservatory on a typical large house in Norwich would add 75k onto the valuation if it was newly built, about 30k if it was 10 years old (when the warranty is void). An extension of that size if used for the right purpose - the best would be for two new guest bedrooms or a large double bedroom with an ensuite - could add between 100k - 160k (very max on prestige building and built to exacting standards)  onto the value of the property.

I suggest you go on right move and see what you can get outside of the city for 300k, and then come back and tell me that anybody would pay 300k for a conservatory alone. If you still think that your right then clearly you are a fool.

And yes I do have a degree in property.
[/quote]

As i don''t know ellis on a personal level i''ll refrain from calling him a fool but after reading his post i feel i can say he''s extremely deluded.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Canary Nut"]I thought it was the late G. Watling RIP. who saved the club.[/quote]

Me too, but maybe we are wrong lol

[/quote]

Actually it was Robert Chase who saved us from himself when he "found the right person with the right offer" to buy his shares. It would seem, according to many, that Watling actually ruined the club when he found his "right person".

lol whos ya wife? it can only be a couple of people... either carrie, or angela, no others are married....

by the way i worked on the design of the unit... and i was a little supprised at the cost of it... esp using a conservatory as a gym... but what they were using before was pretty poor!... even using portacabins!

i have to say tho im 99.9 % sure they didnt pay nowhere near as much as has been quoted...

but anyways... it needed to be done... they actually now have 2 conservatorys at colney... , the unit isnt no higher quality than those in your home. they have gone for a " wood effect" rather than wood itself. and knowing a couple of the player and colney staff it has gone down well...

OTBC

[quote user="rossco2121"]

lol whos ya wife? it can only be a couple of people... either carrie, or angela, no others are married....

by the way i worked on the design of the unit... and i was a little supprised at the cost of it... esp using a conservatory as a gym... but what they were using before was pretty poor!... even using portacabins!

i have to say tho im 99.9 % sure they didnt pay nowhere near as much as has been quoted...

but anyways... it needed to be done... they actually now have 2 conservatorys at colney... , the unit isnt no higher quality than those in your home. they have gone for a " wood effect" rather than wood itself. and knowing a couple of the player and colney staff it has gone down well...

OTBC

[/quote]First guess was correct i think Ross ;-)

not sure of final figure mate... but i remember moaning sayng how can they afford this.. and i was told that they wont be paying anywhere near that...

[quote user="rossco2121"]not sure of final figure mate... but i remember moaning sayng how can they afford this.. and i was told that they wont be paying anywhere near that...[/quote]

How big is it? 

I haven''t really looked at conservatory prices for a while but I guess you are looking at 10k - 20k for your average house?

it is proper big mate, like i say they have 2 now on the sides of colney. its about 3 x the size of your average house conservatory..

they are using it as a gym, b4 they were using portacabins!!

[quote user="rossco2121"]

it is proper big mate, like i say they have 2 now on the sides of colney. its about 3 x the size of your average house conservatory..

they are using it as a gym, b4 they were using portacabins!!

[/quote]

Ermm... do conservatories not have a high glass content? And with Jamie taking penalty practice up at Colney, isn''t that rather dangerous?

Who insures these conservatories anyway, Towergate?

YH

[quote user="Fuglestad"]"yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear"

well Norwich might not disappear in the foreseeable future, but clubs are disappearing you utter moron. Eventually there will only be about 40 professional clubs, if not less. The big b*stards has been wanting it for years.

I know these clubs are much smaller than Norwich, but do you really think clubs such as Luton (The Real Norwich City) and Rotherham will last much longer?

Biting the dust

Scarborough

Halifax Town

Nuneaton Borough

Boston United

[/quote]

This is not so dispiriting as it first might seem. Note that all of these clubs have re-formed and are playing football. As more and more of the bigger clubs fail and end up in these leagues the net effect will be the re-formation of the English league in a new fan-based structure. In fact, we will have returned to the old fashioned tribal-based, supporter led football where income is derived from those who pass through the turnstiles rather than TV money or global merchandising. High wages will be a thing of the past and footballers will once more belong to the clubs they play for.

It might seem very messy and painful at the moment but when enough clubs have gone through the administration process and into bankruptcy and out the other end perhaps football will return to its roots and belong once again to the real supporters.

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="Fuglestad"]"yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear"well Norwich might not disappear in the foreseeable future, but clubs are disappearing you utter moron. Eventually there will only be about 40 professional clubs, if not less. The big b*stards has been wanting it for years. I know these clubs are much smaller than Norwich, but do you really think clubs such as Luton (The Real Norwich City) and Rotherham will last much longer?

Biting the dust

Scarborough

Halifax Town

Nuneaton Borough

Boston United

[/quote]

This is not so dispiriting as it first might seem. Note that all of these clubs have re-formed and are playing football. As more and more of the bigger clubs fail and end up in these leagues the net effect will be the re-formation of the English league in a new fan-based structure. In fact, we will have returned to the old fashioned tribal-based, supporter led football where income is derived from those who pass through the turnstiles rather than TV money or global merchandising. High wages will be a thing of the past and footballers will once more belong to the clubs they play for.

It might seem very messy and painful at the moment but when enough clubs have gone through the administration process and into bankruptcy and out the other end perhaps football will return to its roots and belong once again to the real supporters.

[/quote]I really hope you are right Yellow Hammer. It would be awesome.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

[/quote]

There''s a thought yellow hammer, perhaps we could discuss it further at Bristol.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="yellow hammer"]

[/quote]

There''s a thought yellow hammer, perhaps we could discuss it further at Bristol.

[/quote]

Let me check out flight times, Nutty.

[quote user="rossco2121"]not sure of final figure mate... but i remember moaning sayng how can they afford this.. and i was told that they wont be paying anywhere near that...[/quote]

Ross, the final figure was the six figure sum that you would have seen mate! the project went a little over budget, and they wouldnt pay any extra, but the contract value stated was the contract value that they paid.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]You can''t deny that she has saved the club Arthur, the money and the time she has put in is much more than any of you lot are prepared to do.And nice conservatories attract good players :) , anyway its all part of our training ground which is regarded as one of the best in the country and Norwich is set up as a Premier League club with Premier League facilities, anyway if they spent £150k on this conservatory, then it has probably added £300k on to the value of Colney if it needed to be sold, another astute piece of business by our chairman! (Who deals with the day to day running of the club more than Delia Smith)[/quote]What a load of crap, a conservatory is never a good investment and never adds profit to a residential property yet alone a building which couldnt be used for anything. If colney was sold, do you think the investor wants an ugly commercial building as a house with a huge expanse of land? it would make way for a housing estate or an industrial estate.If you have a house and buy a conservatory for £25k, and the alternative was a similar size extension for the same amount of money, you have a room which is useless in winter and lasts ten years instead of a room which can be classed as valued floorspace, such as a living room or a dining room. Estate agents and valuers use a comparitive method of valuation which only takes into account real living space, so lounge, dining room, bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen and then multiply the floorspace of those rooms by the comparitive local average for recent sales. A conservatory is an added extra, that conservatory on a typical large house in Norwich would add 75k onto the valuation if it was newly built, about 30k if it was 10 years old (when the warranty is void). An extension of that size if used for the right purpose - the best would be for two new guest bedrooms or a large double bedroom with an ensuite - could add between 100k - 160k (very max on prestige building and built to exacting standards)  onto the value of the property. I suggest you go on right move and see what you can get outside of the city for 300k, and then come back and tell me that anybody would pay 300k for a conservatory alone. If you still think that your right then clearly you are a fool.And yes I do have a degree in property.[/quote]Found this on the Times website.Research published this week suggests the vast majority of home

improvements are now unlikely to add more value to your home than the

cost of the upgrade in the first place. The study by Abbey, which

questioned 100 estate agents, indicates that the only financially

worthwhile home improvement is a lick of paint.

Here is the cost of 10 common home improvements and the value that they will add.

Type of home improvement

Average value added

Average

cost of improvement

Net value added

Extension

£13,568

£33,800

-£23,232

New kitchen

£4,894

£18,700

-£13,806

Conservatory

£6,236

£20,000

-£13,764

Solar panels

£1,028

£12,500

-£11,472

Loft conversion

£13,038

£22,600

-£9,562

Garage

£7,971

£14,000

-£6,029

New bathroom

£2,892

£7,700

-£4,808

New windows

£3,092

£6,700

-£3,608

Landscape garden

£2,060

£2,500

-£440

Painting and decorating

£3,557

£1,330

+£2,227

I dont care if they paid for the conservatory, or if it was free....

Its the bloody principal of the thing! what is a conservatory at Colney going to do? get our players super fit? Give them somewhere to drink their tea and eat their cake? perhaps stick a pool table in there so they can doss about after 40 minutes of training whilst every one else in the county works a hard days graft for 9 hours a day!?

or will the conservatory score 35 goals this season and push us into the playoffs?....

the clubs priorities are all so wrong.

jas :)