Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Norwich spend £150,000 on a conservatory

From the ''£1m+ spent on non entertaining Tangible Fixed Assets!''  Norwich purchased a huge top range Brown PVCu conservatory from Anglian Home Improvements.This cost a six figure sum, almost £150,000, this is factual.I also heard that part of the deal was that Anglian would get a really good price on their executive box and man of the match sponsorship.I have know about this for a long time, since before the project started.I also know that Norwich City FC insisted that the project was built prior to building regulations approval being gained, which for a unit that large is essential. This always means that, due to the huge openening from the brick building to the conservatory, no heat loss calculations were approved.  This means that the club also has no regard for the environment, nor does it care how much it spends on heating colney (heat leaving colney and straight out of a conservatory).This conservatory cost more than a conventional brick extension with windows and colney will now cost twice as much to heat. And why? because they want only the best for their pampered, overpaid and underachieving ''stars'', whilst having absolutely no respect to the season ticket holder, who funds this lifestyle.Norwich City ''a family club'' in more than one sense of the word.Delia out.

I will add to that, does Carl Moore know that his ''donation'' to his poor beloved club for the loan of Leroy Lita would not have been needed was it not for this project?If he does, I suspect he also gets some ''benefits'' outside of the usual good PR for his businesses, maybe a much reduced executive box?

you neglected to mention the part about anglian building the conservatory at a vastly reduced price. this probably has more to do with the hospitality they receive. I know this because my wife worked with the planning of the conservatory for anglian. The conservatory is also there for "physical rehabilitation", prob something to do with the gym

[quote user="National express super guard "]you neglected to mention the part about anglian building the conservatory at a vastly reduced price. this probably has more to do with the hospitality they receive. I know this because my wife worked with the planning of the conservatory for anglian. The conservatory is also there for "physical rehabilitation", prob something to do with the gym[/quote]I didnt fail to neglect the part about anglian building the conservatory at a reduced price, you just didnt read my post properly because I actually said - "I also heard that part of the deal was that Anglian

would get a really good price on their executive box and man of the

match sponsorship".And I am likely to know your wife if she really was involved in the ''planning'' of the conservatory, if you actually mean that your wife dealt with the planning application rather than with the planning of the project then yes I know your wife, because otherwise the only people that would deal with the planning of the project would be surveyors and sales, non of those were female or married.

You sound like an angry young man SuperWesIrishWizard, getting wound up about a lean-to. Perhaps you should go round and "punch them hard in the face"?

regardless of who know who''s wife, this is still a unnecessary purchase which I am sure a club deviod of cash club could have managed without, discounted or not!

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

Another pathetic post, at the end of the day we have so called fans that could talk any club into relegation let alone one of many clubs that are struggling with finances. We are not unique and if as many seem to want Delia does get spiteful and take you up on your desire for her to go who do you suggest will finance the club and the debt?   

[quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

Another pathetic post, at the end of the day we have so called fans that could talk any club into relegation let alone one of many clubs that are struggling with finances. We are not unique and if as many seem to want Delia does get spiteful and take you up on your desire for her to go who do you suggest will finance the club and the debt?   

[/quote]

Regardless of whether you want Delia out or not. You cant be suggesting this is a good use of the clubs funds. Maybe you prefer going down to colney and admiring the nice architecture rather than seeing a better playing staff on a saturday.

[quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

[/quote]

yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear, just like they did when we kicked out the fat controller. God please I BEG YOU DELIA...get spiteful, i know you''re good a throwing your toys out so please, listen to Kev and do it. Saviour? my arse!

[quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

[/quote]

yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear, just like they did when we kicked out the fat controller. God please I BEG YOU DELIA...get spiteful, i know you''re good a throwing your toys out so please, listen to Kev and do it. Saviour? my arse!

[/quote]You can''t deny that she has saved the club Arthur, the money and the time she has put in is much more than any of you lot are prepared to do.And nice conservatories attract good players :) , anyway its all part of our training ground which is regarded as one of the best in the country and Norwich is set up as a Premier League club with Premier League facilities, anyway if they spent £150k on this conservatory, then it has probably added £300k on to the value of Colney if it needed to be sold, another astute piece of business by our chairman! (Who deals with the day to day running of the club more than Delia Smith)

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can''t deny that she has saved the club Arthur, the money and the time she has put in is much more than any of you lot are prepared to do.
And nice conservatories attract good players :) , anyway its all part of our training ground which is regarded as one of the best in the country and Norwich is set up as a Premier League club with Premier League facilities, anyway if they spent £150k on this conservatory, then it has probably added £300k on to the value of Colney if it needed to be sold, another astute piece of business by our chairman! (Who deals with the day to day running of the club more than Delia Smith)
[/quote]

I had heard on here that the training ground doesn''t actually belong to the club, whether or not that''s true I have no idea.

All a matter of balance I suppose.  If we start to break-down every penny spent by the club and criticize the infrastructure of the club where do you stop?  Should we have bought the new scoreboards, built the new stand, acquired ''Carrow Road'' in preparation for a second tier on the Geoffery Watling stand?  When new investment does come in, I think we will be glad the money can be spent on the squad and not on infrastructure which has already been put in place, thus making Norwich City a better invesment opportuinty to said potential investor(s).

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can''t deny that she has saved the club Arthur, the money and the time she has put in is much more than any of you lot are prepared to do.
And nice conservatories attract good players :) , anyway its all part of our training ground which is regarded as one of the best in the country and Norwich is set up as a Premier League club with Premier League facilities, anyway if they spent £150k on this conservatory, then it has probably added £300k on to the value of Colney if it needed to be sold, another astute piece of business by our chairman! (Who deals with the day to day running of the club more than Delia Smith)
[/quote]

I had heard on here that the training ground doesn''t actually belong to the club, whether or not that''s true I have no idea.

[/quote]

That was another of Bob the builders bad deals[;)]

Other than covering miss Smiths debts it belongs to NCFC

[quote user="AndyJR"]All a matter of balance I suppose.  If we start to break-down every penny spent by the club and criticize the infrastructure of the club where do you stop?  Should we have bought the new scoreboards, built the new stand, acquired ''Carrow Road'' in preparation for a second tier on the Geoffery Watling stand?  When new investment does come in, I think we will be glad the money can be spent on the squad and not on infrastructure which has already been put in place, thus making Norwich City a better invesment opportuinty to said potential investor(s).

[/quote]

Surely a potential investor will be more likely to want the club if the playing squad is better, not a nice sauna or conservatory at the training ground. Now i''m not someone who is going to be protesting to get delia out, I''d like to see some fresh ideas from a new investor but am glad Delia has helped our club over the last 10 years. But the fact is this club is losing money and if we want to question £150,000 spent needlessly then i think everyone has the right to do so, I for one would rather the club was able to keep a player for longer than have a great training ground for all the loanees to develop their game on for the benefit of their prospective clubs.

The village common that was Trowse training ground never did any of our players any harm, infact you could say it may have toughened them up.

I know the man who supplied the sand which made the glass that was fitted in the conservatory and he said that the board insisted that some ground diamonds we put in it just for the hell of it and everytime he went to discuss the sand with the board they all just lolled around on big cushions in a secret gold leafed room in the Jarrold Stand in a bacchanalian manner drinking mead and nectar from the a**e cracks of nymphs and eating Ambrosia rice straight from the tins with pearl handled dessert spoons. I don''t know how true all this is, but is this anyway to run a professional football club? 

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]All a matter of balance I suppose.  If we start to break-down every penny spent by the club and criticize the infrastructure of the club where do you stop?  Should we have bought the new scoreboards, built the new stand, acquired ''Carrow Road'' in preparation for a second tier on the Geoffery Watling stand?  When new investment does come in, I think we will be glad the money can be spent on the squad and not on infrastructure which has already been put in place, thus making Norwich City a better invesment opportuinty to said potential investor(s).[/quote]

Surely a potential investor will be more likely to want the club if the playing squad is better, not a nice sauna or conservatory at the training ground. Now i''m not someone who is going to be protesting to get delia out, I''d like to see some fresh ideas from a new investor but am glad Delia has helped our club over the last 10 years. But the fact is this club is losing money and if we want to question £150,000 spent needlessly then i think everyone has the right to do so, I for one would rather the club was able to keep a player for longer than have a great training ground for all the loanees to develop their game on for the benefit of their prospective clubs.

The village common that was Trowse training ground never did any of our players any harm, infact you could say it may have toughened them up.

[/quote]As I said it''s all about a balanced approach, much like your post - I take your point sir.

"yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear"well Norwich might not disappear in the foreseeable future, but clubs are disappearing you utter moron. Eventually there will only be about 40 professional clubs, if not less. The big b*stards has been wanting it for years. I know these clubs are much smaller than Norwich, but do you really think clubs such as Luton (The Real Norwich City) and Rotherham will last much longer?

Biting the dust

Scarborough

Founded in 1879, went into liquidation in June 2007 owing

more

than £2m. A new club, Scarborough Athletic FC, formed by the Seadog

supporters trust, currently stands top of the Kool Sport Northern

Counties East League Division One

Halifax Town

Insolvent

four times in the 13 years since 1995, went into administration in

March this year and failed to recover. Expelled from the Conference for

failing to pay creditors and ceased to exist in May. A reformed FC

Halifax Town started this season in the UniBond League Division One

North

Nuneaton Borough

Finished in seventh

place last season in Conference North and declared to be in liquidation

by the club''s directors on June 2 this year. Renamed Nuneaton Town and

demoted two divisions to the British Gas Southern Football League

Midlands Division

Boston United

A member

of the Football League as recently as May 2007 but failed to pay

creditors last season and was not accepted back into the Conference.

Boston are now in the UniBond Premier Division, competing against,

among others, Bradford Park Avenue and the supporter-owned FC United of

Manchester.

Oh and we probably spent around 150,000 quid on Lappin and Chadwick''s wages this season. I''d rather have the conservatory than pay players to play for the reserves.

[quote user="shortfatb"]I know the man who supplied the sand which made the glass that was fitted in the conservatory and he said that the board insisted that some ground diamonds we put in it just for the hell of it and everytime he went to discuss the sand with the board they all just lolled around on big cushions in a secret gold leafed room in the Jarrold Stand in a bacchanalian manner drinking mead and nectar from the a**e cracks of nymphs and eating Ambrosia rice straight from the tins with pearl handled dessert spoons. I don''t know how true all this is, but is this anyway to run a professional football club? [/quote]

The next party you go to can I come mmmmmm sounds fun

[quote user="shortfatb"]I know the man who supplied the sand which made the glass that was fitted in the conservatory and he said that the board insisted that some ground diamonds we put in it just for the hell of it and everytime he went to discuss the sand with the board they all just lolled around on big cushions in a secret gold leafed room in the Jarrold Stand in a bacchanalian manner drinking mead and nectar from the a**e cracks of nymphs and eating Ambrosia rice straight from the tins with pearl handled dessert spoons. I don''t know how true all this is, but is this anyway to run a professional football club? [/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can deny she saved the club, i can''t deny she''s helped the club out though. As for the lovely training ground, was that Delia''s idea?

[quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can deny she saved the club, i can''t deny she''s helped the club out though. As for the lovely training ground, was that Delia''s idea?

[/quote]

Colney was Fat Bobs idear, and built with Fat Bobs money.... "best training facilities in England" some players call it.. will we thank Robert chase though?

jas :)

[quote user="Fuglestad"]"yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear"

well Norwich might not disappear in the foreseeable future, but clubs are disappearing you utter moron. Eventually there will only be about 40 professional clubs, if not less. The big b*stards has been wanting it for years.

I know these clubs are much smaller than Norwich, but do you really think clubs such as Luton (The Real Norwich City) and Rotherham will last much longer?

Biting the dust

Scarborough

more than £2m. A new club, Scarborough Athletic FC, formed by the Seadog supporters trust, currently stands top of the Kool Sport Northern Counties East League Division One

Halifax Town

Insolvent four times in the 13 years since 1995, went into administration in March this year and failed to recover. Expelled from the Conference for failing to pay creditors and ceased to exist in May. A reformed FC Halifax Town started this season in the UniBond League Division One North

Nuneaton Borough

Finished in seventh place last season in Conference North and declared to be in liquidation by the club''s directors on June 2 this year. Renamed Nuneaton Town and demoted two divisions to the British Gas Southern Football League Midlands Division

Boston United

A member of the Football League as recently as May 2007 but failed to pay creditors last season and was not accepted back into the Conference. Boston are now in the UniBond Premier Division, competing against, among others, Bradford Park Avenue and the supporter-owned FC United of Manchester.

Oh and we probably spent around 150,000 quid on Lappin and Chadwick''s wages this season. I''d rather have the conservatory than pay players to play for the reserves.

[/quote]

Do you honestly think NCFC is going to disapear with 25000 fans in every other week. Look at Leeds , they''re still here. Forest, Ipswich, Leicester. Now run along.Oh and i take great plesure from posters who revert to silly name calling, it kind of proves my arguement right.[:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Colney was Fat Bobs idear, and built with Fat Bobs money.... "best training facilities in England" some players call it.. will we thank Robert chase though?

jas :)

[/quote]

Yep Jas but dont tell the ''''St delia our saviour'''' brigade that.

The following is pasted from Rick Waghorn''s website:

-----------------------------------------------------

Apparently the conservatory was one of the key factors in persuading Lita to join the Canaries on loan. "The quality of the brown uPVC and the pleasant aspect out onto the wonderful green fields of Colney really touched me," the Reading star exclusively told myfootballwriter.com. "Although Reading spent the last two seasons in the Premier they have no glass-based structures that can compare to this,'' he said.

Indeed, sources in the northwest have suggested that former City playmaker Micky Phelan, now Assistant Manager at Manchester United, has reportedly approached Norwich with a view to signing the conservatory in the January transfer window. Negotiations however, are said to have stalled for the time being over environmental concerns.

Whatever the truth of the matter, and whatever critics on the messageboards may be saying about the Canary''s current predicament, make no mistake: a good conservatory is vital for a modern-day football club. And Norwich City currently possess one of the best in the English game.

Double-glazed to boot.

[quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="Fuglestad"]"yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear"

well Norwich might not disappear in the foreseeable future, but clubs are disappearing you utter moron. Eventually there will only be about 40 professional clubs, if not less. The big b*stards has been wanting it for years.

I know these clubs are much smaller than Norwich, but do you really think clubs such as Luton (The Real Norwich City) and Rotherham will last much longer?

Biting the dust

Scarborough

more than £2m. A new club, Scarborough Athletic FC, formed by the Seadog supporters trust, currently stands top of the Kool Sport Northern Counties East League Division One

Halifax Town

Insolvent four times in the 13 years since 1995, went into administration in March this year and failed to recover. Expelled from the Conference for failing to pay creditors and ceased to exist in May. A reformed FC Halifax Town started this season in the UniBond League Division One North

Nuneaton Borough

Finished in seventh place last season in Conference North and declared to be in liquidation by the club''s directors on June 2 this year. Renamed Nuneaton Town and demoted two divisions to the British Gas Southern Football League Midlands Division

Boston United

A member of the Football League as recently as May 2007 but failed to pay creditors last season and was not accepted back into the Conference. Boston are now in the UniBond Premier Division, competing against, among others, Bradford Park Avenue and the supporter-owned FC United of Manchester.

[/quote]

Do you honestly think NCFC is going to disapear with 25000 fans in every other week. Look at Leeds , they''re still here. Forest, Ipswich, Leicester. Now run along.Oh and i take great plesure from posters who revert to silly name calling, it kind of proves my arguement right.[:D]

[/quote]

But if things don''t improve there might not be 15,000 let alone 25,000 fans gracing CR.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]"yeah because like all those other clubs Norwich are just going to disappear"

Biting the dust

Scarborough

Halifax Town

Nuneaton Borough

Boston United

[/quote]

I''m putting this forward, along with Doomcasters use of Gretna of how not to do thinks, as scraping the barrel post of the year...lol...straight from the cambell/doomcaster school of spin, sign him up i say!!

[quote user="Grando"]The following is pasted from Rick Waghorn''s website: ----------------------------------------------------- Apparently the conservatory was one of the key factors in persuading Lita to join the Canaries on loan. "The quality of the brown uPVC and the pleasant aspect out onto the wonderful green fields of Colney really touched me," the Reading star exclusively told myfootballwriter.com. "Although Reading spent the last two seasons in the Premier they have no glass-based structures that can compare to this,'' he said. Indeed, sources in the northwest have suggested that former City playmaker Micky Phelan, now Assistant Manager at Manchester United, has reportedly approached Norwich with a view to signing the conservatory in the January transfer window. Negotiations however, are said to have stalled for the time being over environmental concerns. Whatever the truth of the matter, and whatever critics on the messageboards may be saying about the Canary''s current predicament, make no mistake: a good conservatory is vital for a modern-day football club. And Norwich City currently possess one of the best in the English game. Double-glazed to boot.[/quote]

Had me laughing mate [Y]