Sign in to follow this  
super canary

thoughts on the season so far???

myself..im very happy with how the season has started. with all the new players we have had come in, like a completely new back four, i think we,by all accounts,have started well. im excited about the rest of the season and really do think we can be up there come may. if you compare man to man,we have one of the best squads in terms of quality and one which will only get better as the season moves on.

1. First eleven - with a fully fit squad i am very happy. best first eleven for three years without doubt.

2. New signings - Only dissapointment really has been hoolahan, but i still have hope he will turn out to be awesome and just think he lacks a bit of confidence. i saw norwich at cov and he was fantastic but just seems to have gone down hill a bit. On the Plus side i think Clingan and Kennedy have been awesome and provide a real back bone to our side which has been missing since malky and holt.

3. Roeder - Tatically on the pitch he seems to have got 90% of the things right, so very happy there but off the pitch didnt like his critisim of players like wes, that really angered me!

4. The Board - Have been really dissapointed with there lack of talk this season. they seem to keep is in the dark especially over the PC farce.

5. Expectations for season - From the way we have started i fully expect us to finish top table 10th -11th. Dont think we will be consistent enough for any higher. I dont think we will lose many either but predict alot of draws, especially at home. 

overall 7.5/10

agree. we have yet to see the best of young wes yet,im sure of that. and now,with sibierski,we have a decent spine to the team. well,we did untill clingers and kenny got injured! and hey,we have the best goalkeeper in the land...nay...the world!! and as for the board...well,i just hope it all gets sorted sooner rather than later so all we have to concentrate on is the football.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

1. First eleven - with a fully fit squad i am very happy. best first eleven for three years without doubt.

2. New signings - Only dissapointment really has been hoolahan, but i still have hope he will turn out to be awesome and just think he lacks a bit of confidence. i saw norwich at cov and he was fantastic but just seems to have gone down hill a bit. On the Plus side i think Clingan and Kennedy have been awesome and provide a real back bone to our side which has been missing since malky and holt.

3. Roeder - Tatically on the pitch he seems to have got 90% of the things right, so very happy there but off the pitch didnt like his critisim of players like wes, that really angered me!

4. The Board - Have been really dissapointed with there lack of talk this season. they seem to keep is in the dark especially over the PC farce.

5. Expectations for season - From the way we have started i fully expect us to finish top table 10th -11th. Dont think we will be consistent enough for any higher. I dont think we will lose many either but predict alot of draws, especially at home. 

overall 7.5/10

[/quote]

wolves - for those few who make intresting read, like norwich ones do for me.

1. 1st eleven - midfield scoring goals, creating opportunities and tracking back, strikers putting away chances, defense still bit dodgy at times, goalkeeper best in the league by mile. at current our left is our weakness in wardy playing left back. but he seems be doing ok there. our full 11 would be a 10 but our current fit team id say 9/10

2. new signings - stearman top notch what a player, passes ball out of defence, makes the hard things look easy, still learning though and  not the finished article just yet, d.jones terrific in midfield and stop edwards get in the side. iwelumo goal record speaks for its self, vokesky shows promise and desire and is our super sub machine.matt hill geore friend yet to play yet, but lets hope they equally as good 8.5/10

3. mccarthy - i be honest i wanted him gone, lost all faith, picked favourites. but after we decided to keep him i backed him, made good signings, great start, still likes pick the odd favourite still but least we got rid of freddy gate. keep proving me wrong mick and i''ll be one happy bloke 8.5/10

4. board - kept faith with mm, now they reaping benefits, invested more in us on young hungry players whilst also keeping prem vultures of kightly, hennessey and ebanks blake 10/10

5. expectations - promotion is always demanded, but we never really get to good start and end up in end of season lottery or just outside, to be 4pts clear in one month is terrific and thats just off 2nd, i would settle for 2nd if offered to me now. Cant expect any more from the lads. 10/10

overall 1/24

We''re doomed! There is no way this side will ever stay up. Bunch of muppets who have been bought by a clueless manager backed by a collective of unambitious numpties!

Sorry about that, came over all Smudgerish...I have been moderately impressed this season. There is still plenty that needs to improve, but we''ve looked much better than we were this time last season. It''s been a solid enough start and if we get a decent haul of points over the next few games momentum could start to build. I''m not expecting to see us up near the playoffs though, we aren''t quite there yet.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]We''re doomed! There is no way this side will ever stay up. Bunch of muppets who have been bought by a clueless manager backed by a collective of unambitious numpties!

Sorry about that, came over all Smudgerish...

I have been moderately impressed this season. There is still plenty that needs to improve, but we''ve looked much better than we were this time last season. It''s been a solid enough start and if we get a decent haul of points over the next few games momentum could start to build. I''m not expecting to see us up near the playoffs though, we aren''t quite there yet.
[/quote]

on first read i didnt bother read 2nd bit and was just about to say what muppet you are (sorry) but then realised you was joking.

i think thats pretty good summary, what about new signings any verdicts??

Generally I think that the signings have all proved themselves to be pretty decent. I still have question marks over Omozusi who seems to be first choice despite a better player in Otsemobor being in the squad. They all seem to have gelled pretty well and we seem a solid midfield team now. I do have worries about what will happen come January when quite a few head back to their parent clubs. I trust Roeder to bring in quality, but as has already been discussed on this and every other Norwich board the funds just don''t seem to be available.

i dont think we have started good or bad if the season ends now with how we are i would be happy. I worry when Siberski goes back in January we may struggle though?

we are currently a C grade student.. with a decent push we can get higher.. but if we slip then its a lowe grade and a struggling term!

jas :)

I think we''ll finish upper mid table. Quietly hoping for a late playoff push. Only major downs are the complete lack of resources on the money front and the number of loans which may go back. meaning rebuilding again mid season. Still GR has done a good job with what he has.

Clingan looks a really good signing, I think Hoolahan will come good in the end (it was always going to be tough for anyone coming in to replace Hucks). Stef has looked a composed figure at the back, maybe a youngish permanent signing of a centre back in jan to learn off him would be good, thats if Kennedy is beyond us as a signing (which i think he will be).

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we are currently a C grade student.. with a decent push we can get higher.. but if we slip then its a lowe grade and a struggling term!

jas :)

[/quote]

Good way of putting it mate, should be a teacher!