Sign in to follow this  
ZippyGrin

Darren Kenton on trial at Cheltenham Town

I hope so, he was good for us.  Cant really blame the lad though, he thought he was bettering himself.  I am suprised we havent taken a look at him to be honest.

Who thinks he could still cut the mustard.  SWP has shown what can happen to a player when they go ''home''.

I''m surprised we didn''t go for him either-though he might have burnt a few too many bridges when he originally left us?

He is a capable right back but a very good centre back-I remember Bellers, when he was here, saying Kenton could go on and play for England at centre half, ok, ''twas only Bellamy, but, even so, shows he was held in high regard. Maybe it all went to Kenton''s head, but it was a shame when he left, and when Southampton played him at right back, as did Leicester (?) and Leeds for the short time he was with them.

He might not have been a superstar, but I am sure he could have had a better career than he has ultimately had. Ill advised perhaps?

[quote user="CID"][quote user="ZippyGrin"]

I wonder if he ever regrets leaving Norwich?

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/sport/Kenton-features-reserves-defeat/article-348215-detail/article.html

[/quote]

Big time ,I would think .If he''d hung on here for another season he''d have been playing Prem League football instead of wasting a promising career [:(]

[/quote]

agreed.. the guy was england Material and had he of hit his potential would of been an established prem defender... I liked Dazzler... shame to see he never hit the heights.

jas :)

Kenton''s only 30! He''s still got a few years left in him. Stefanovic is 34 after all. So what on earth is he doing at this stage of his career at Cheltenham Town? Anyone else remember the shouts of ''You''ll never beat the Kenton''.

I''d have him back in a shot, he justs needs a few first team runouts, and what with our current central defence worries, whip him up on a 1monther, see where that gets us.

Good player when motivated, but given his turnover of clubs since leaving us; motivation is clearly something he''s lacking in. Like messers Mulryne and Mcveigh, he is now 30 and should be entering the prime of his career but instead is sadly scratching around the lower leagues for a club who''ll take him.

Kenton was genuinely the best tackler I''ve ever seen. The song "You''ll never beat the Kenton" was at the time very well earned. A great defender while he was here, and I''m very surprised his career has gone so badly. I can only assume it was an attitude problem of some kind, as his tackling skills were immense. Admittedly he would forget he was playing right back and wander over to the left wing every once in a while but still......

Kenton remains my favourite ever Norwich player

... bearing in mind im 16 and haven''t seen that many ''greats''...

Good luck Darren, even if you deserved a better career [Y]

[quote user="bob the builder"]he sh** just show where you moaning c*** want this club to go lol[/quote]