Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Ipswich home game fixture change

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED26%20Sep%202008%2011%3A16%3A48%3A223[/quote]

Thanks Pete,Yet again Sky say jump we say how High, I just wish we told them to shove the Camera''s up the jacksie, and play on sat 3pm, and nothing to do with Police either

"Norwich City''s East Anglian derby against Ipswich Town at Carrow Road will be shown live on Sky Sports on Sunday, December 7. As a result the kick-off has been put back from 12.45pm to 1.15pm".

Im no mathmatician, but surely the time has been put forward? I have high hopes for this game and will not be happy with anything less than 3 points.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED26%20Sep%202008%2011%3A16%3A48%3A223[/quote]

Thanks Pete,Yet again Sky say jump we say how High, I just wish we told them to shove the Camera''s up the jacksie, and play on sat 3pm, and nothing to do with Police either

[/quote]

Sadly you''re right Pete, thats the way now I guess, but the money is handy to the club I guess.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Yeah we should turn down the TV money and ignore police advice too. What a great idea [:|]

From a purely selfish point of view it''s great news for me as I probably won''t be able to get a ticket but now I can watch the game anyway.

I love the way that the Police insist that the match must kick off at 12:45 latest, and now Sky wants to show it, magically another 30 minutes is found. The Police initially requested noon, so we''ve now gained 1h15, we might get it to 3pm before 7th December!

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

"Norwich City''s East Anglian derby against Ipswich Town at Carrow Road will be shown live on Sky Sports on Sunday, December 7. As a result the kick-off has been put back from 12.45pm to 1.15pm".

Im no mathmatician, but surely the time has been put forward? I have high hopes for this game and will not be happy with anything less than 3 points.

[/quote]

By my maths, it is now 30 minutes later, so that means it has been put back.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Yeah we should turn down the TV money and ignore police advice too. What a great idea [:|]

From a purely selfish point of view it''s great news for me as I probably won''t be able to get a ticket but now I can watch the game anyway.

[/quote]

Sorry.but what Police advice would that be, I have a friend who is an high ranking police officer,who tells me, and believe it or not, we are the one''s who request a sunday early kick off, has nout to do with police, and Sky don''t come to all our matches with the Binners either,I know we have many fans who can''t get to the match for what ever reason, but I just hate Sunday Matches Full stop, why not play 5 --15 on Saturday, other Derby matches play on Saturday,why not us.  

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

Im no mathmatician [/quote]

You''re right there, you are no mathematician or linguist for that matter.

I always hope we get ipswich in the carling cup cos then i want to see what the police do. I mean no way will they be happy with evening match

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

surely a local derby wouldnt be allowed to take place at 3pm due to drinking situations!

even our game been put forward vs bristol c tommorow due to this reason from the police

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

surely a local derby wouldnt be allowed to take place at 3pm due to drinking situations!

even our game been put forward vs bristol c tommorow due to this reason from the police

[/quote]

i meant to add that bristol v wolves shouldnt be as bad as norwich v ipswich

Drinking situations what a joke. Thats a bit of a random match to have an early kick off for do wolves and bristol c fans have some sort of deep rivalry or something.

Also another thing is matches like Man u v Man City and Liverpool vs Everton are sometimes 3pm kick offs and the sheffield derby was an evening match i remember last year. And these are all in the same city. Yet Norwich and Ipswich are about 45 minutes away from eachother and we have to play our derby matches at the crack of dawn

I think the Sheffield derby did kick off at 3pm on a Saturday a few seasons back too, as well as the evening fixture. Surely that''s going to be an even fiercer rivalry than Norwich-Ipswich?

To be honest I can see why we play the game early afternoon these days. Whenever we go down there we wander down to their ground (Obviously making requsite comment about the state of Suffolk and those that live there) accompanied by a thin blue line of her majesty''s finest,  I always end up quite glad it''s Sunday morning because I reckon its a 1 pint riot waiting to happen.

Don''t get me wrong I would love a 3pm or evening Derby but I can see why it doesn''t happen.

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

Drinking situations what a joke. Thats a bit of a random match to have an early kick off for do wolves and bristol c fans have some sort of deep rivalry or something.

Also another thing is matches like Man u v Man City and Liverpool vs Everton are sometimes 3pm kick offs and the sheffield derby was an evening match i remember last year. And these are all in the same city. Yet Norwich and Ipswich are about 45 minutes away from eachother and we have to play our derby matches at the crack of dawn

[/quote]

well police category b game for some reason

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I think the Sheffield derby did kick off at 3pm on a Saturday a few seasons back too, as well as the evening fixture. Surely that''s going to be an even fiercer rivalry than Norwich-Ipswich?[/quote]I reckon main problem is Norfolk/Suffolk Constabulary cannot handle it so need it early, unlike in Manchester, Liverpool, etc where they are more used to difficult occasions.  Either that or we do really hate each other more than other rivalries.  Do wonder whether because we are not from the same city its different, in Manchester or Liverpool the fans have to live side by side every day whereas we do not necessarily have much contact with the dirty scummers?