Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magoo

Cureton in the evening news

[quote user="king canary"]

Its a case of looking at what he brings to the team.

Pace? No

Strength? No

Aerial Ability? No

Assists? Well except for saturday, not really

Goals? No

So what have we got? Enthusiasm basically, and even thats waning as the dry spell goes on.

[/quote]

As Neil Adams said, he''s the best striker of a ball at the club!

He does have strength to last 90 minutes, and look at his height King Canary, of course he hasn''t much arieal ability!.

In his last two seasons, he''s been top scorer at his last two clubs............and he still has time to be so again!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="king canary"]

Pace? No

Strength? No

Aerial Ability? No

Goals? No

So what have we got? Enthusiasm basically, and even thats waning as the dry spell goes on.

[/quote]

He does have strength to last 90 minutes, and look at his height King Canary, of course he hasn''t much arieal ability!.

In his last two seasons, he''s been top scorer at his last two clubs............and he still has time to be so again!

[/quote]

I was pointing out different factors that strikers can have, obviously aerial abilty was not one of them. My point is he doesnt have any of those abilities. He was bought in as a finisher or poacher and his abilty infront of goal has not been anywhere near good enough of late, especially this season.

As for being Top scorer thats true but there was hardly much competition that season, this eason there is. In my opinion Lupoli will score more than him and if Sib stays for the whole season, he will too. And also if Ched had been here for a whole season he would have outscored JC in my opinion.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="king canary"]

Pace? No

Strength? No

Aerial Ability? No

Goals? No

[/quote]

[/quote]

he''s the best striker of a ball.. not the best striker.. but a ball on thr ground and get all the players to kick it.. who puts his foot cleanly through it and gets it furthest? Jamie.. thats all this means

jas :)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

In my opinion Lupoli will score more than him and if Sib stays for the whole season, he will too.

As long as someone is scoring I''m happy.[:D]

[/quote]

Me also Wiz, and I''d be delighted if JC proved me wrong as well but sadly I dont see it happening.

[quote user="bob the builder"]time to move on jamie try kings lynn thats about his standed at the moment and your wages will be handy suspect he is one of the top earners?[/quote]

Now thats just silly, spiteful and juvinile bob,  Jamie''s far from non league standard, if GR sells him, it''ll be to a Champs or League 1 side at least..............so please behave![:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="bob the builder"]time to move on jamie try kings lynn thats about his standed at the moment and your wages will be handy suspect he is one of the top earners?[/quote]

Now thats just silly, spiteful and juvinile bob,  Jamie''s far from non league standard, if GR sells him, it''ll be to a Champs or League 1 side at least..............so please behave![:|]

[/quote]

I don''t doubt Cureton''s effort or commitment, but he is clearly past his peak and is playing a division above his ability.He could do a job lower down for a couple of seasons,but we need something better now.

I think pure and simple, Jamie made a mistake coming back to Norwich. He definitely peaked at Colchester and no disrespect to them moving back here with the expectations required from him was the wrong move at the age of 32 ( but of course I don''t blame him if the financial package was much more attractive ). He will undoubtedly be moved on before long, but along with most others I will wish him all the best he is certainly a tryer !

He looked lively against Sheffield United though, ran the channels well and helped force the win - if we can get some decent 20 minute cameos out of him then it''s all good.  He wouldn''t be in my starting XI but I think he can still do a job from the bench.