Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

How many are going to Barnsley tmo?

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]Does anybody know? I have tried looking but still havent have a clue. Anything above the 2000 mark would be a feat.[/quote]

isnt their capacity 4k for away fans increasing to 8k?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]2,000 rising to 6,000 if necessary (for example the playoff year when we took 50-odd coaches)[/quote]

Good support considering the distance you have to cover

Me and a few of my mates are going up there. Been last few years and we normally take about 1,500 i think and i would think we will get the same sort of attendance tomorrow. There fans are dreadful and have to be some of the quietest home fans i have ever heard

Did anyone go in 2002 when we beat them and put them down?  All their fans came from one end of the pitch to our end and beckoned us on the pitch. The police came on the pitch on horse back!

well i''ve gone for the past two seasons with success so i''m going again 2morrow :D

and they do really have the most quiet home support ever just like charlton when they''re away you can''t hear them either whatsoever

I reckon if City get in control their fans will probably start calling for the manager to get the sack, apparently he''s under quite a bit of pressure because of poor results.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]Did anyone go in 2002 when we beat them and put them down?  All their fans came from one end of the pitch to our end and beckoned us on the pitch. The police came on the pitch on horse back![/quote]

That was the best away game I''ve ever been to, 4600 of us there and non stop singing from start to finish. Won 2-0 and we were on our way to the play offs, their fans weren''t best pleased because we relegated them. The freaks did come onto the pitch but they didn''t come to close.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]Did anyone go in 2002 when we beat them and put them down?  All their fans came from one end of the pitch to our end and beckoned us on the pitch. The police came on the pitch on horse back![/quote]

I was there, outside of a trip to Wembley was the most coaches and mini buses full of city fans I''ve ever seen for one match. We parked on the big car park outside the ground and it took an hour to get off it.I don''t remember feeling threatened by the Barnsely fans. After a bit of a stand off they then vented their anger on the Director''s Box and I think a few of them invaded it to make their views known. (now there''s an idea....)

They came on to the pitch and actually aplauded our fans, then did the same as all the coaches left the car park.- apart from one very young fan who was seen mooning out of his bedroom window near the ground. Probably the best away day ever?