Sign in to follow this  
rich

jj v ashton v marlon

day one in the carrow road household and the team are preparing themselves for a big name strike partnership but who will it be.

vote jj for jonatan with his premier experience
vote marlon for his pace and power
vote ashton for his strength and skill

the decision is yours
:)

i will vote as ever with my heart and say ashton

marlon harewood, worries me with his attitude - is he really a team player?
jj - if he can''t get off the bench at charlton, how good is he

but hey, all three are better than scowcroft!

by the way rich, do we all have to do ''tasks''?

Ashton just shades it for me with his eye for goal and all round play plus he is young with his best years ahead of him. Harewood comes a close second but is having a rocky period at the moment although i won''t be to disappointed if we got him. JJ worries me why ain''t he being picked for the Charlton team ,he can''t even get in the squad so makes me wonder if he has had his best years, we have already brought 1 ex Charlton forward and to be honest i can see why they off loaded him.

Ashton, if we can afford him
then Harewood (a poor man''s Ashton)
and the A. Nother (preferably of an equally young age to Ashton and Harewood and unlike JJ)

JJ looks like a slightly better sven - good touch, not a classic target man and kept sven out of the charlton team; has experience and may be the ''value'' buy. Not convinced he is much better than we have already got at the club - a possible if we cant find anything else as he would give us a full complement of 4 strikers to cover injury/suspensions.

Harewood has not met his potential. Played out of position at west ham by 2 managers (I think) when the hammers were screaming out for a striker - talented but inconsistent and why not played up front if prem class. Over priced in my opinion. Very similar in style to Leon so would bring nothing new or better to the squad. One to pass on.

Ashton talented yet completely unproven. Premium to be paid due to potential probably just about worth it. Is a different style of striker from any at the club so would give us another dimension and fits our style of play. THE one to go for.

Still not convinced that Charisteas or Djorkaeff couldnt be foud a space in the squad...

OTBC