Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Did Roeder get the sub wrong?

For me there was a golden opportunity to throw Hoolahan on the left and keep Croft on the right.  Dissapointing because we might just have nicked it had Croft stayed on.

Not as out of puff as Cureton. I like the bloke but he just seemed slow to run, slow to react and rarely in the right place.

Roeder got just about everything wrong today. A centre back at left back when you had two left backs available? Your best midfield player in attack with two strikers on the bench?? Take off Croft, the only attacking threat we had to play a left foot player down the right??? Picked Fotheringham to start and then made two substitutions leaving him still on the pitch.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]For me there was a golden opportunity to throw Hoolahan on the left and keep Croft on the right.  Dissapointing because we might just have nicked it had Croft stayed on.[/quote]There was one point where we were on the break and Hoolahan had the ball on the right - the problem is he isn''t very quick so he couldn''t beat the Barnsley players like Croft would''ve done. A very strange move, and not Roeder''s (or the team''s) best day.