Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

When will Wolves charge falter?

Another win for them today against Bristol, but how much longer before they begin to stumble? Will they suffer a similar drop off in performance to that of Watford last season or can they continue at their current rate? Some simple maths suggests that if they continue as they are now they could finish on around 125 points. I think the majority of you will agree that is highly unlikely. I personally think they will end up suffering a fait not too dissimilar to that of Watford last season. They will struggle to regain the form they are showing now and will end up either just making the play-offs or missing out completely.

Discuss [;)]

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Rasputin, an open invitation to our resident wolf if I ever saw one.

WE8WBA come on down!

[/quote]

Oh for gods sake don''t give him an excuse to gloat about Wolve''s wonderful start please!

[quote user="Polar"]the only thread actually relevant to him and the plank isn''t here.

at carrow road however.
[/quote]

He doesn''t need to come on here, when you are where Wolves are, the team does the talking. He can afford to sit back in silence with a smug expression on his face ! [;)]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[quote user="Polar"]the only thread actually relevant to him and the plank isn''t here.at carrow road however.[/quote]

He doesn''t need to come on here, when you are where Wolves are, the team does the talking. He can afford to sit back in silence with a smug expression on his face ! [;)]

[/quote]and a box of tissues within easy reach!!!sorry - couldn''t resist...btw - answer to op - is when we play ''em, ahem - cough...

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I think that''d be fair we8wba. If they do lose how will they recover, that is the important thing.
[/quote]

somewhat of a free game for us to be honest, mainly looks like it will be us, reading and blues

reading 8pts behind us - so the pressure is more on them to win the game

offer me garuntee 1pt and id take it now

a win puts us in a really strong position so early and at worse defeat puts us 5pts clear which is still great

i honestly cant believe this is a wolves team, they playing such attacking football and its paying off. we will either walk the league or just miss out and come 3rd in my opinion

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="we8wba"]

this tuesday - home to reading - trust me back reading 5/2 now

[/quote]

logically a draw looks most likely???

what makes you fancy reading so much we8???
[/quote]

1. my team playing so well, i believe its impossible to sustain such levels basically, also sooner or later we''ll have one of those when you hit bar post, off line and just does anything bar go in

2. reading look to be in top form given their last few results

reading look terrific value, on betting front i will just lay wolves at evs on betfair. so have 1/1 on reading win / draw

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="we8wba"]

this tuesday - home to reading - trust me back reading 5/2 now

[/quote]logically a draw looks most likely???what makes you fancy reading so much we8???[/quote]

1. my team playing so well, i believe its impossible to sustain such levels basically, also sooner or later we''ll have one of those when you hit bar post, off line and just does anything bar go in

2. reading look to be in top form given their last few results

reading look terrific value, on betting front i will just lay wolves at evs on betfair. so have 1/1 on reading win / draw

[/quote]yeah - reading are hitting top form alright, and would''ve had an easy game today at a canter - sets them up nicely to give your boys a stern test,,,having said that, wolves rolled over bristol, who we know are hard working and well drilled - which probably means your boys may have had to work harder for their win???is that the case???  if so, i fancy draw most likely outcome...

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Another win for them today against Bristol, but how much longer before they begin to stumble? Will they suffer a similar drop off in performance to that of Watford last season or can they continue at their current rate? Some simple maths suggests that if they continue as they are now they could finish on around 125 points. I think the majority of you will agree that is highly unlikely. I personally think they will end up suffering a fait not too dissimilar to that of Watford last season. They will struggle to regain the form they are showing now and will end up either just making the play-offs or missing out completely.

Discuss [;)]
[/quote]

I don''t think it is just down to form.  McCarthy has put has very good squad together.  Admittedly, Wolves have a tendency to self destruct, but I''ve got a feeling that this could be their season.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Another win for them today against Bristol, but how much longer before they begin to stumble? Will they suffer a similar drop off in performance to that of Watford last season or can they continue at their current rate? Some simple maths suggests that if they continue as they are now they could finish on around 125 points. I think the majority of you will agree that is highly unlikely. I personally think they will end up suffering a fait not too dissimilar to that of Watford last season. They will struggle to regain the form they are showing now and will end up either just making the play-offs or missing out completely.

Discuss [;)]
[/quote]

I don''t think it is just down to form.  McCarthy has put has very good squad together.  Admittedly, Wolves have a tendency to self destruct, but I''ve got a feeling that this could be their season.

[/quote]

theres something different to us which i''ve never witnessed even in succesful seasons. im not getting to carried away we have great depth but injury to a ebanks blake or a kightly might make us more ordinary in the goals front

long way to go, all i say is we in good position

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

Discuss [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

theres something different to us which i''ve never witnessed even in succesful seasons. im not getting to carried away we have great depth but injury to a ebanks blake or a kightly might make us more ordinary in the goals front

[/quote]

Imo Wolves are one of the clubs that we should try to imitate.  Admittedly, they have a far better pedigree than Norwich, but they are so consistant, have passionate supporters, but you get the feeling that the players that go to Wolves go there because they want to be successful and gain promotion. 

[quote user="barclay_troy"]Were not Wolves 11 pts clear last season then went downwards? I try not to look that far up as im scared of heights, the same as Norwich.[+o(][/quote]

watford

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"][quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

Discuss [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Imo Wolves are one of the clubs that we should try to imitate.  Admittedly, they have a far better pedigree than Norwich, but they are so consistant, have passionate supporters, but you get the feeling that the players that go to Wolves go there because they want to be successful and gain promotion. 

[/quote]

just team full young hungry players. seem to done a spurs (from 2 -3years ago) and cherry picked the best up coming stars from league 1 and 2 and for cheap money to. seems a good system, even if they dont go up next year this team will gain with experience and if kept together will get it right sooner than later

theres no reason why they cannot keep there form for the rest of the season unless there is no strength in depth