Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

referee's/Linesman should be banned/fined/and critised

officials have been much in the public eye other few dodgy decisions lately

but i feel referees should be banned for real bad decision like everton v stoke and reading v watford. both matches two officials were no more than 20yards away so one should be able to confirm the correct decsion. neither was reletivly close!

one thing which really ANNOYS me is how moyes got fined for his outburst and im sure bothroyd will! but what do the officials get? probably another match without any reprucussions.

why cant a manager come out and say " the ref was shocking" if he was. if the manager takes it to far then yes fine him. but i get fed up of this referee fair play rubbish. if they want respect maybe they should earn it first

what id also like to see is referees coming out after the game and explaining their decisions on why they choose that call etc... i know different sport and climate but in nfl their is a head of referee, every week after the games he has to explain certain decision to the pundits in why that call/decision was made. he comes out and just says "they got it wrong simple as" sometimes. why cant we have person like this?

just wondered you thoughts? is it just me on hate campaign on these ridiclous officials? or do any of the above (which you actually understand because of my writing) do you agree with? or disagree?

[quote user="bristol_canary"]i guess you are just saying this because your top goal scorer was sent off at the weekend[/quote]

Yes, yawn

[quote user="we8wba"]

but i feel referees should be banned for real bad decision like everton v stoke and reading v watford. both matches two officials were no more than 20yards away so one should be able to confirm the correct decsion. neither was reletivly close!

one thing which really ANNOYS me is how moyes got fined for his outburst and im sure bothroyd will! but what do the officials get? probably another match without any reprucussions.

why cant a manager come out and say " the ref was shocking" if he was. if the manager takes it to far then yes fine him. but i get fed up of this referee fair play rubbish. if they want respect maybe they should earn it first

what id also like to see is referees coming out after the game and explaining their decisions on why they choose that call etc... i know different sport and climate but in nfl their is a head of referee, every week after the games he has to explain certain decision to the pundits in why that call/decision was made. he comes out and just says "they got it wrong simple as" sometimes. why cant we have person like this?

just wondered you thoughts? is it just me on hate campaign on these ridiclous officials? or do any of the above (which you actually understand because of my writing) do you agree with? or disagree?

[/quote]

Don''t stop there.

Why not hang a forward who head butts an opponent?

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

i think it desgrace how referee''s and Linesman get away with this kinder thing, it rearly windes me up.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

i think it desgrace how referee''s and Linesman get away with this kinder thing, it rearly windes me up.

[/quote]It always annoys me when I get something that I don''t have to build! That really gets my goat up! Ok. Rant over............

funny how some thought this is over iwelumo? do i care no we won the game! he isnt missing the next game as we appealed so why would this be over that incident? truly some idiots out their

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

We''ve criticised you, just a shame we can''t ban and fine you.

Stupid post from beginning to end. Without 3 officials you have no game, end of.

[/quote]

at the end of the day we will always have these arguments until the FA allow camera''s on the touch line and the forth official sits and watches just like in Rugby, But I firmly believe that some Refs are Bent anyway

[quote user="we8wba"]funny how some thought this is over iwelumo? do i care no we won the game! he isnt missing the next game as we appealed so why would this be over that incident? truly some idiots out their[/quote]

good job the appeal was rejected

[quote user="bristol_canary"]

[quote user="we8wba"]funny how some thought this is over iwelumo? do i care no we won the game! he isnt missing the next game as we appealed so why would this be over that incident? truly some idiots out their[/quote]

good job the appeal was rejected

[/quote]

lets put it this way, if that was john terry or rio ferdinand that would have been reversed, yet because we dont have the money power as the real big boys then get rejected. cant get more witnesses than st.ledger and alan irvine to speak up for the lad.

as to big chris its obviously small blow as he on top form, but gives chance to sammy vokes or keogh to stake a claim

we already played two games without him last week and beat charlton 3-1 away and palace 2-1 home so its not end of the world.

but still feel if you send one of you have to send the pair off.

Lets change the topic of this thread!the Midlands should get an education system, Discuss...

andWe8 should a) shut up, b) sod off.

[quote user="Polar"]Lets change the topic of this thread!

the Midlands should get an education system, Discuss...

and

We8 should a) shut up, b) sod off.
[/quote]

Just so easy to pick errors in your own post grammar wise that i won''t even bother posting them. Take a look in the mirror mate is my advice.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Polar"]Lets change the topic of this thread!the Midlands should get an education system, Discuss...

andWe8 should a) shut up, b) sod off.[/quote]

Just so easy to pick errors in your own post grammar wise that i won''t even bother posting them. Take a look in the mirror mate is my advice.

[/quote]i dumbed down my post for you We8.oh, almost forgot!Shut up We8.

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Polar"]Lets change the topic of this thread!

the Midlands should get an education system, Discuss...

and

We8 should a) shut up, b) sod off.
[/quote]

[/quote]

i dumbed down my post for you We8.

oh, almost forgot!

Shut up We8.
[/quote]

polar usually you make good posts, but you just seem to post so much garbage about me, have you ever thought if you kept your mouth shut i''d have nout to comment on/or come back at? some times i really wonder if some of you are that stupid! dont like me fairenough, only comment if i make a stupid statement! but jumping in every word i say is just going to bring me to make more comments. simple really

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Polar"][quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Polar"]Lets change the topic of this thread!the Midlands should get an education system, Discuss...

andWe8 should a) shut up, b) sod off.[/quote]

[/quote]i dumbed down my post for you We8.oh, almost forgot!Shut up We8.[/quote]

polar usually you make good posts, but you just seem to post so much garbage about me, have you ever thought if you kept your mouth shut i''d have nout to comment on/or come back at? some times i really wonder if some of you are that stupid! dont like me fairenough, only comment if i make a stupid statement! but jumping in every word i say is just going to bring me to make more comments. simple really

[/quote]Tell you what...

you stop talking about wolves at every opportunity, and talk about Norwich in the Norwich forum and i won''t jump on your back. Talk about Wolves in the Other football area and then anyone who cares can reply to it and i won''t post rubbish in response... which i will admit i have been doing. Its not that i don''t like you, at first you were fine but this good start you''ve had has sent you into Wolves overdrive. Talk about Norwich on a Norwich board, its common sense.your call.

[quote user="we8wba"]what id also like to see is referees coming out after the game and explaining their decisions on why they choose that call etc... i know different sport and climate but in nfl their is a head of referee, every week after the games he has to explain certain decision to the pundits in why that call/decision was made. he comes out and just says "they got it wrong simple as" sometimes. why cant we have person like this?[/quote]I think you are spot on. I think the officials do a hard job and they are not helped by the players and managers at times, just to increase the pressure that bit more. And they will invariably make mistakes, being human and all. But certainly, I think there would be more respect and sympathy if the referee or the linesmen or whoever came out afterwards and explained why they made the decisions they did, at least on the more controversial decisions. However on the other side of the coin if they have a really good game I think they deserve more credit too.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]As an official myself, I have to say EVERYTHING you''ve mentioned will help no-one, and harm the confidence and stability of officials, meaning the whole system will be going backwards.

[quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]
As an official myself, I have to say EVERYTHING you''ve mentioned will help no-one, and harm the confidence and stability of officials, meaning the whole system will be going backwards.
[/quote]

Show them how it should be done we8wba.  Enlist on your nearest training course and go out and show ''em how it should be done.

There''ll be Under 11''s out there hanging on your every decision. 

However, it does get tougher the more you go up.[:P]

I once sent off a player for Trowbridge Town (FA Cup Qualifier) for what is now called a Professional foul - last ditch, no man behind.

"You are a ******* idiot," said the player.

"Score draw," I said. "You are playing for Trowbridge Town, off you go."

[8-|]

well done rob styles

i took everyone advise, he should be praised for such a match changing decision right? another joke decision (3 in 3weeks) and this just in the top two leagues (god knows what happen in conference, league 2) with supposedly worse referees!

also noticed rob styles was asked to comment on the decision but polietly refused!

This is not a bad idea at all, I don''t understand why everyone''s so negative about it - except that maybe a Wolves fan posted it.To follow on from last weekend, the Man U penalty yesterday was a shocker.  The Everton sending off was a shocker, though less so.  You cannot have a "Respect" campaign and ask players to keep their frustrations quiet when you have officials of the calibre of Mister Bean taking charge of football matches.There should be suspensions, pay freezes and demotions to the Blue Square Premier for the incompetents.

[quote user="we8wba"]

well done rob styles

i took everyone advise, he should be praised for such a match changing decision right? another joke decision (3 in 3weeks) and this just in the top two leagues (god knows what happen in conference, league 2) with supposedly worse referees!

also noticed rob styles was asked to comment on the decision but polietly refused!

[/quote]

a decision that went utds way at Old Trafford... who''d have thought it possible!

Styles knew the Defender won the ball.. but utd HAVE to win.. falure for one of the big 4 to reach the champions league would look bad on the FA and Premier League.. i wouldnt say Refs are told to favour the big sides...bu lets just say they get decisions other teams dont.

jas :)

[quote user="we8wba"]

well done rob styles

[/quote]

It was a poor decision, considering how close he was to the incident and what a clear view he had.

I can''t help but notice you haven''t mentioned the Ronaldo, the man who looked as if the sniper in the crown had hit the target. While the powers that be allow these ''cheats'' who look as if they are in their death throes to go unpunished, the officials will always have an uphill struggle.

the thing which really bothers me is neither of these three decisions were close or debateable

obviously the referee cant get every decision right and some debateable on both sides of the fans

but i would love to see stoke fan say he agrees with the ref it wasnt a penalty, reading fan to agree the ball was over the goaline in the actual goals or manutd fan agree it was more a penalty than not

these decisions arent even CLOSE

[quote user="we8wba"]

the thing which really bothers me is neither of these three decisions were close or debateable

obviously the referee cant get every decision right and some debateable on both sides of the fans

but i would love to see stoke fan say he agrees with the ref it wasnt a penalty, reading fan to agree the ball was over the goaline in the actual goals or manutd fan agree it was more a penalty than not

[/quote]

That''s the beauty of these situations, I haven''t seen Sir Alex say ''No of course it wasn''t a penalty'' but had the decision been given at the other end of the pitch, he would no doubt have done a Mr Wenger and said he didn''t have a clear view, but the Ref is always right !

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

That''s the beauty of these situations, I haven''t seen Sir Alex say ''No of course it wasn''t a penalty'' but had the decision been given at the other end of the pitch, he would no doubt have done a Mr Wenger and said he didn''t have a clear view, but the Ref is always right !

[/quote]

Seeing what I have put here makes no sense !!!

I should have put - If it had been against his team he would have wanted the Ref hung, drawn and quartered, but if he had been questioned about the dubious penalty for his own team he would have done a Mr Wenger and not had a clear view of it.

I must stop putting things on here when i''m tired and emotional - Tired and emotional as a newt that is !!! [B]