Sign in to follow this  
bob the builder

cureton

So is Hoolahan to small as well then? What exactly has Cureton done wrong today? why are you on his back already? pathetic

He came on for about 15 minutes today and had no service at all, everytime I''ve seen him this season he has had none or little service, and thats been our problem this season, people need to stop using Cureton as a scapegoat and if he has a good proper run in the team and doesn''t score then you have a right for a moan but to moan at someone who comes on for 15 minutes has no service in a team that is playing poorly is just absurd

[quote user="ellis206"]He came on for about 15 minutes today and had no service at all, everytime I''ve seen him this season he has had none or little service, and thats been our problem this season, people need to stop using Cureton as a scapegoat and if he has a good proper run in the team and doesn''t score then you have a right for a moan but to moan at someone who comes on for 15 minutes has no service in a team that is playing poorly is just absurd
[/quote]

Unfortunately Cureton proved last season that even when he gets the service he is still able to do very little with it.

How many minutes has he been on the pitch this season? apart from Cardiff hes had the odd substitute appearance here and there. If your suggesting Norwich didn''t win today because Cureton was on the pitch then your clearly living on another planet.

[quote user="bob the builder"]

he is well below power give him back to colchester and use his wages on someone else

[/quote]

So lets imagine you get your own way on this bob.............who then is going to be your new whipping boy?[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="bob the builder"]

he is well below power give him back to colchester and use his wages on someone else

[/quote]

So lets imagine you get your own way on this bob.............who then is going to be your new whipping boy?[:|]

[/quote]Doc''s back in two weeks, Wiz... and we haven''t seen Bell play yet BUT I BET HE''S RUBBISH  [+o(] [+o(] [+o(] [+o(] [+o(] [+o(]

[quote user="bob the builder"]how much more time does he need is he to small for the way we play[/quote]

It''s not his size - Lupoli''s around the same height - it''s just that GR seems to have taken his confidence away with some very public maulings. It''s the same with Hollahoop, who''s gone from one of the best players in the division to bench-warmer in a couple of month''s under Roeder''s management. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="bob the builder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Doc''s back in two weeks, Wiz... and we haven''t seen Bell play yet BUT I BET HE''S RUBBISH  [+o(] [+o(] [+o(] [+o(] [+o(] [+o(]
[/quote]

I take your point Mr C, but I''m going to lay off the Doc, as I''ve been very unfair on him in the past, Bell also.[W]

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="bob the builder"]how much more time does he need is he to small for the way we play[/quote]

It''s not his size - Lupoli''s around the same height - it''s just that GR seems to have taken his confidence away with some very public maulings. It''s the same with Hollahoop, who''s gone from one of the best players in the division to bench-warmer in a couple of month''s under Roeder''s management. 

[/quote]

I have to say I agree with you Link.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

I think its a combination of lack of confidence and lack of service...................he was our top scorer last season,,,,nobody was on the back of Ched or Dion,,both of who played as many or more games and scored less!! Get real Jamie knockers ......he is not the problem, it is a less than effective midfield, and some increasingly bizarre team selections and tactics , and the total prat of a "manager".................now that is an oxymoron !

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

I think its a combination of lack of confidence and lack of service...

[/quote]

That as well as a lack of pace, height, strength, composure infront of goal, movement and work rate.

All of those things added together tells you why Jamie Cureton doesn''t do the business at this level.

And actually to be fair...we''ve seen him miss plenty of sitters over the last year to know that lack of service isn''t really applicable.

Actually Barclay seats raises a good point, he scored more than Evans and Dublin with less time on the pitch and he was also played out of posistion a few times (as was Dublin for a few matches) so why the Cureton bashing? He got an assist for our winner against Sheff Utd the other day :)

Actually Barclay seats raises a good point, he scored more than Evans and Dublin with less time on the pitch and he was also played out of posistion a few times (as was Dublin for a few matches) so why the Cureton bashing? He got an assist for our winner against Sheff Utd the other day :)

2007/08 season stats - from pink un front page

Dublin   41 games   9 goals

Evans   28 games   10 goals

Curo   45 games   14 goals

Ched scored a goal every 2.8 appearances,  Jamie 3.2 and Dion 4.6;   none of this accounts for time on pitch or position of play but all were subbed and played odd positions; 

What these stats dont reflect is just how many times Jamie failed to hit the target last season when he did get the chances... this season has seen a repeat of that - eg someone mentioned lupoli open goal miss which was him trying to deflect Jamie woefully off target effort into the goal...

so jamie was the best last season was he???  dont let stats get in the way of unreasoned support [;)]

[quote user="bob the builder"]

[/quote]

On behalf of Colchester United thanks for the thought.[:|]

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

I think its a combination of lack of confidence and lack of service...................he was our top scorer last season,,,,nobody was on the back of Ched or Dion,,both of who played as many or more games and scored less!! Get real Jamie knockers ......he is not the problem, it is a less than effective midfield, and some increasingly bizarre team selections and tactics , and the total prat of a "manager".................now that is an oxymoron !

[/quote]some good points raised - but imo jamie''s legs have gone - he seems to have lost a yard of pace...he seems slow, can''t get ahead of defenders or into goalscoring posi''s...just doesn''t look the part to me this season,,,regret to say, if JC has lost confidence, then likewise at the mo, i''ve lost confidence in him...can he claw his way back???

Agree with you lgy about the confidence bit;  Jamies is lost but the rest of the team are hardly any better at the mo;  so fragile that its one step forward then straight back again