Sign in to follow this  
Sing Up The South Stand

We missed Lupoli

That was the problem as we had no real pace up front.

Even though Sibierski and Russell are strong neither have much pace - not like Lupoli anyway, and the wingers didn''t get far enough forward often enough to compensate.  If they had Lupoli to worry about I''m sure we''d have got through them and won.

agreed, he''s our top goalscorer - and when on form (and fit) he''s too hot to handle for most of the defenders in this league...it just seems the boy hasn''t been fit ever since he got here - has he played more than 50-60 mins in one game???  don''t seem like it,,,i can see why roedy is sniffing around for another loanee...

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Any news on when he is likely to be back?[/quote]

In the post match interview GR said he expected him to be fit for Tuesday....I certainly hope so! However, I agree with LGT that its a worry that he still doesn''t seem capable of going 90 minutes!

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

Even though Sibierski and Russell are strong neither have much pace - not like Lupoli anyway, and the wingers didn''t get far enough forward often enough to compensate.  If they had Lupoli to worry about I''m sure we''d have got through them and won.

[/quote]

I agree with the lack of pace, MR, but Loops is hardly quick; that''s why I can''t understand why some one like OJ isn''t brought on in circumstances like yesterday, against their two plodding CB''s.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

[/quote]

I agree with the lack of pace, MR, but Loops is hardly quick; that''s why I can''t understand why some one like OJ isn''t brought on in circumstances like yesterday, against their two plodding CB''s.

[/quote]

Have to agree with that, it would certainly have given their defenders something to think about and even if it only meant they gave away a couple of freekicks................