Sign in to follow this  
Plymouth Canary

Barnsley Player Ratings (including Glenn Roeder)

lol a guy we were standing with at the under 12''s football match today at Dereham''s Aldiss park said those youngsters passed the ball better than our lot ever could on Saturday, and he and his wife made the journey down to support the team.  He said NC were nothing less than shocking.

you not even rating the players

its clear from that you dont want omosuzi or sibierski or fotheringham in the side

and i take it you didnt see the sheffield game where omosuzi didnt make a mistake

or the game at qpr where stefanovic played like a clown ?

It is going to be interesting to see what happens when Clingan, Kennedy and Bell (although not seen in anger yet) are fit, what Glen thinks is his best team. Surely you have to play your best players in there prefered positions?

saturday was a complete shambles. we should easily have beaten a team like barnsley. It was a clear indication of roeders favouritism ahead of abillity.

fundemental errors,

1. putting pattison in centre mid. if russel was fit to play why on earth wasnt he in central midfield and pattison on the wing where he is semi effective? russell is not a fecking striker he is just what we needed in midfield

2. in russell, pattison, bertrand and elliot ( fulham lad) he has played 4 players out of position. why do this when he dosent need to? it just doesnt make sence, if there was an injury crisis then fair enough but he has enough fit players in the right positions.

3. why on earth did he drop drury? grounds plays centre back with steff and drury left back. elliot is no centre half.

the team with out doubt should have been more like

marshall

semmy              steff            grounds     bertrand/drury

croft            fozzy     RUSSELL          pattison

sibs      cureton.

i do rate roeder but he needs to start playing players in the correct position and on abillity over favorites.

god knows what fozzy, pattison, and elliot do to make roeder think the sunshines out of there arse. and as for hoolahan chadwick and lappin , well they must have killed his cat or somthing.

roeder get of your high chair and pick are best team!!!!

rant over.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I still think all of you should write personally to The Manager.

The address is:

Glenn Roeder

The Manager

Norwich City PLC

Carrow Road

Norwich

Norfolk

NR1 1JE

That way you could post your messages and any replies you receive.

[/quote]The words "time" "of" and "waste" spring to mind. Don''t think GR is the sort of person who''s going to change his team selection based on a few fans letters.

Or am I missing sarcasm here?

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

I didnt even think Grounds was playing? Wasnt it Stefanovic and Omozuzi at centre back with Drury and Semmy left and right? I did have a few beers before the game. lol 

[/quote]I have to admit it took me a while to realise that Grounds wasn''t Drury! I was impressed - I thought he did well, certainly a lot better than the moaners on here when we signed him have any right to expect.

Lincoln Canary the only problem there is you have three left footed players in defence, which can create imbalance, hence why Elliot played.

Was at the game myself and it sounded like a similar story to the Sheff UTD game, but without the last minute goal. Thought we defended excellently today, and was a lot more assured of Otsemobors defensive capabilities than i have been before. Thought Grounds was exceptional too, including 1 particularly amazing goal saving challenge he put in in the first half. Stefanovic is the best defender i''ve seen us have since the pairing that took us up to the prem. It''s just a shame noone seemes to inject life into our attacking play, like Leon and Silva did for them.RatingsMarshall - 9 not a foot (or hand) wrong, 3 excellent saves, a penalty save and confidence in coming for crosses...Semmy - 7 still gets forward well, but seems to be a lot more complsed than he was last season defendingGrounds - 8 thought he was excellent, and i won''t be suprised when he''s a regular at ''boro. Should have scored, but i was happy with what he didStefanovic - 8.5 was excellent today, and combined mainly with Marshall, kept us in the first halfOmosuzi - 6 didn''t let himself down, but wasn''t as good as the othersCroft - 7 seemed to be the only one wanting to get a goal for us out there, but just couldn''t break the barnsley defence down, given no supportBertrand - 6 played the perfect game if he was supposed to be a left back, think Hoolahan needs to be given a chance there, as a 1 winged approach doesn''t work. He did put a couple of good balls in tho.Fozzy - 5 plenty of fight and a willing battler, won most of his tackles and 50/50''s, but his pasing was awful and he never really got forward. May have to fight harder to keep rusty, pattison and clingan out of the team, when an inevitable string pulling midfeilder is signed to partner one of these.Pattison - 6.5 didn''t shine by any means, but worked hard and despite poor passing and not much invention, was better than fozzRussell - 5 tried hard, but was shut out by their defence the whole time, improved when put back to midfeild, but we could have done with a better striker than him today.Sibierski - 6 i think people have been harsh on him here, was unlucky not to score twice today, but for heroics from Muller and Kozluck on the line. Did some useful flick-ons, and just needed a better partner up frontSubsCureton - 3 sorry, but no, did nothing, although wasn''t helped by the way we played, and was never gonna win the aerial battle with mooreHoolahan - 5.5 looked like he wanted to help, but wasn''t out there long enough, and could have worked well had he been kept on with CroftFor themJohn Macken - 1 lol!!!!!Next match suggested teamMarshallSemmyBertrandGroundsStefanovicCroftHoolahanRussellPattisonSibierskiLupoli