Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Your favourite norwich city player (that you've seen play)

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Favourite - Kevin Keelan

Best - Martin Peters

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly and I absolutely agree ( for once ), although in a different time I still have very fond memories of Ron Davies. He led the line in a way you expect a centre-forward to do in your dreams. He knew how to find open spaces, ran onto a ball with pace, had a good touch and, when it was time to head a ball into the net, he rose in the air above others in such a graceful manner that you knew his effort would either find the net or have the the goalkeeper pulling off a good save. Despite all of that Ron came to us at a time in the younger part of his career. Martin Peters who was close to Ron''s age, came at a later point in his career and was a more developed and polished player. Of course, nobody matched the combination of reliability and longevity that Kevin Keelan provided. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Favourite - Kevin Keelan

Best - Martin Peters

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly and I absolutely agree ( for once ), although in a different time I still have very fond memories of Ron Davies. He led the line in a way you expect a centre-forward to do in your dreams. He knew how to find open spaces, ran onto a ball with pace, had a good touch and, when it was time to head a ball into the net, he rose in the air above others in such a graceful manner that you knew his effort would either find the net or have the the goalkeeper pulling off a good save. Despite all of that Ron came to us at a time in the younger part of his career. Martin Peters who was close to Ron''s age, came at a later point in his career and was a more developed and polished player. Of course, nobody matched the combination of reliability and longevity that Kevin Keelan provided. 

[/quote]

I can agree with you about Ron Davies too, Yankee. I well remember the first time he played at Carrow Road and many of the other times before his departure.

I also remember Kevin Keelan punching that guy flat and then taking off his gloves whilst walking before the referee could send him off. I think it was at the Barclay end.

OK, you can stop fanning now.[;)]

OTBC

I support that 1. K.Keelan 2. Martin Peters. Whilst in the THFC Boardroom recently I enjoyed seeing the picture of Spurs v Norwich, League Cup Final 1971???, great picture of Dave Stringer leading out City (Keelan walking behind) and Spurs being led out by Martin Peters.