Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Your favourite norwich city player (that you've seen play)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

So many to choose from apart from the obvious like Hucks and Crook:

Great skill- Jimmy Neighbour, Dale Gordon,Martin O''neill , Graham Paddon and especially Mark Barham

Great characters - Big Dunc, Kenny Foggo, Flecky and Kevin Keelan

Great goalscorers - Supermac,Drinkell, Sutton and the greatest Kevin Reeves

Intelligent Players- Dave Watson, Mel Machin, David Williams and Iwan

One player was all four.  The greatest Canary I ever saw live and one of the top five players I ever saw anywhere.......

Martin Peters

[/quote]

When Hughie Curran left it broke my heart as a youngster!

[/quote]

Me too! And where did he go....Wolves.

100% Iwan. Surprise Surprise.

Passion & love for the club always shone through.

2) Hucks - Same reasons as above

3) Martin Peters - Sheer class

4) Kevin Reeves - Could have been international class but for injuries

5) Eadie - Same reasons as above

Reeves, my first hero, couldn''t believe he was sold at the timePeters, unbelievable coup for the clubEadie, most exciting raw talent, shame about the injuriesIwan, how could you not love ''imHucks in his pomp

phil boyer ( as a kid at school he was my hero )

kevin reeves ( what a gem ! when we sold him it was like a death in the family .

ian crook ( for me the best player we ever had .

Without doubt, the one and only Iwan Roberts!Second probably Huckerby (for 03/04 only)And third is probably (for sentimental reasons) Dion.Please bear in mind that I''ve only been going since 98.

The greatest ever player/showman/legend - Kevin Keelan. A superb flamboyant character both on and off the pitch - not adverse to a bit of fistycuffs on a Saturday night in the city.

Best striking partnership - McDougall & Boyer.

Big Iwan Roberts. He was a real character who always played with a smile on his face and he seemed to thoroughly enjoy his time here at Carrow Road. Pity we don''t seem to have any players with charisma currently in the side.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

Darren Eadie - my first idol.  Now my idols are 4 lads from Ireland....  But we won''t go into that.

It''s such a shame he was injured so often, but I was absolutely gutted when he left.

[/quote]Please tell me your not talking about Westlife!

Can''t pin it down to one, here''s my top 10

1) Ian Crook

2) Robert Fleck

3) John Deehan

4) Dale Gordon

5) Craig Bellamy

6) Darren Eadie

7) Kevin Drinkell

8) Jeremy Goss

9) Ruel Fox

10) Steve Bruce

Got to be Jeremy Goss for that unforgettable night for all of us who were there that night!!!!

With Flecky up there with him for that goal at Millwall at the death at the second attempt and also for kicking le tissier up the arse in the fA cup 6th round replay and his general mischeviousness !!

Also,all the team who battled literally with Arsenal(even the much maligned Tim Sherwood!!) in the firework night hell up at highbury!That really was a great match to be at even though we lost it was great to see our lads getting stuck in!!

Every one remembers the goal Martin O`neill got when we came from behind to beat ipswich 3-2 at Portaloo road but dont forget who got the other two....Local hero Peter Mendham,who despite going through troubles lately is probably one of the kindest blokes to play for us in the last 30 years or so!!!

[quote user="Munich 93"]

Also,all the team who battled literally with Arsenal(even the much maligned Tim Sherwood!!) in the firework night hell up at highbury!That really was a great match to be at even though we lost it was great to see our lads getting stuck in!!

[/quote]

is that on you tube anywhere?

I remember the Ruck the players got in against Palace in 1996... Darren Eadie kicked the Sh*t out of a certain Kevin Muscat i seem to recall.. watch the video again and before Ray Houghton wades in Msucats on his backside edging away from Eadie!

how we didnt get anyone sent off i''ll never know!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Munich 93"]

[/quote]

is that on you tube anywhere?

I remember the Ruck the players got in against Palace in 1996... Darren Eadie kicked the Sh*t out of a certain Kevin Muscat i seem to recall.. watch the video again and before Ray Houghton wades in Msucats on his backside edging away from Eadie!

how we didnt get anyone sent off i''ll never know!

jas :)

[/quote]

I dont know,I think it was censored by the bbc to protect our image,but we still got a big fine despite Arsenal being guilty for cheating! I can also vividly remember the police ,whilst concentrating on events on the pitch,leaving the gate between the Norwich and Arsenal fans at the back of the clock end open,which allowed Norwichs finest to pile through and immitate their idols on the pitch!!!!!!

Happy Days but quite surreal driving back from London with fireworks going off all over the place,which i suppose was probably appropriate!!!!!