Sign in to follow this  
Erik Fuglestad

Wes hoolohan - a total anti climax so far?

i think that out of all the players that roeders brought in he has been the least impressive. dont get me wrong he has shown glimpses but to be honest he has been nothing on the likes of dejan, kennedy. i know we are only 8 games in. but ive been to every one and havent seen much from him at all. and was not impressed with roeder bringing off croft. sibierski should have been taken off because he did nothing. your thoughts?

[quote user="BarclayBoyPete"]i think that out of all the players that roeders brought in he has been the least impressive. dont get me wrong he has shown glimpses but to be honest he has been nothing on the likes of dejan, kennedy. i know we are only 8 games in. but ive been to every one and havent seen much from him at all. and was not impressed with roeder bringing off croft. sibierski should have been taken off because he did nothing. your thoughts?[/quote]

I don''t think he''s happy.....or settled.

Hoolahans a talented player without doubt but at the moment there much end product like the team as a whole!

To be fair to Sibierski and any of the forwards if we don''t get the ball into the box then they are going to struggle, so in that respect altering the midfield to see if we can get more attack minded was the right decision!

i think everybody should take a reality check the team is full of misfits who are not good enough to win the championship but might just keep us there just imagine if we did go up we would be up s*** creek without a paddle no money no players

[quote user="bob the builder"]i think everybody should take a reality check the team is full of misfits who are not good enough to win the championship but might just keep us there just imagine if we did go up we would be up s*** creek without a paddle no money no players[/quote]If you''re happy and you know it clap your hands.. [8]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]So far, yes he hasn''t shown much.  Hucks was far superior towards the end of last season.  But we are only a few games in so he has plenty of time to show what he can do.
[/quote]

I thought Hoolahan was a great signing,but agree that he''s done little yet.Someone made a good point on here a couple of weeks ago,saying that at Blackpool he had more freedom as the system was built around him.I think he''ll come good,but he still shows a lot of naivety.

thing is everyone is comparing him to darren huckerby. for the money you paid hollahan is a good signing! end of!

As has been pointed out on here before, Roeder has managed to make one of the best players in the divisoon into a bench-warmer, all in the space of 8 matches. Great management. Perhaps criticising him so publicly didn''t help, Glenn. 

By the way, Hoolahan looks a class act even if I only saw him for 10 minutes yesterday, I seems to be able to make oppostion defences panic when running at them. Should have been brought on earlier yesterday.

He gave the ball away every single time he got the ball, ran over it on more than 1 occasion, trys to beat the same man 3 times and he isnt that quick.

Should ditch the white boots too!

He hasn''t delivered much yet but I do think Wes is a class act and there''s plenty to come from him. Also, sometimes it''s as much about the players around you as well and have we got the right type of players to bring the best out of his game? 

I think him and Lupoli will get on the same wavelength but I think we need another striker with a bit of pace to really see the best of Hoolahan.

Also...I can''t help but say it... I think Hoolahan and Huckerby combining could/would have been dynamite.

Yes his right leg''s only for standing on, but given the freedom to create between midfield & strikers the guy is absolute class.

If Glenn Roeder wanted an orthodox left winger why oh why did he buy Wesley?

What a complete waste of a player''s talents who is at best a shoe-in winger; but a sublime playmaker.

I''ve witnessed his game and influence decline the more he is pegged to that left wing, and would even rather he went elsewhere (& appreciated for what he is) rather than ruined and diminished  here.

He possesses real flair for unlocking defences and picking a pass....what the hell is Roeder doing with him ?

Let''s get behind the lad, try and encourage him, he''s one of only a few who is actually our own player. I know he''s not played too well yet but some players need time to settle, we have no cash to buy replacements if we all get behind him on match days he may come good yet. We all saw the talent he has when he played against us last season, if he can reach those levels again it will be all of us who benefit.