Sign in to follow this  
cabbagearmy23

Best Support in the country

[quote user="TomSlisz"]I agree with we8wba that our support isnt in the top ten in the country i could think of at least 10 clubs with better support than us i do agree that our home support is good in terms of numbers and atmosphere is decent (usually) but away isnt that great but it is ok in terms of numbers, but sometimes the atmoshphere isnt the best i would still say our support is better than most[/quote]

agreed, your not the best support but you up the right end of the support table if you me, keep up the good work.

[quote user="ellis206"]Leeds fans are shocking, to go from 40k a week down to about 13k a week shows how loyal there fans really were! Worst fans I''ve seen were Chelsea home and away, they do not sing one bit until they score, then they do that annoying song where they keep on singing "Chelsea" and then when McKenzie equalised you could hear a pin drop in there end, until they scored again, you see them do it on the tv as well, really poor fans! Best fans I''ve seen come to Carrow Road were Stockport a few years ago once they''d already been relegated, they were hilarious, doing the conga up and down the away area made for a real party atmosphere (especially when the Burnley result came through).
Norwich fans always have good attendance home and away, but the atmosphere has been really quite bad recently.
[/quote]

Leeds average home gate is higher than ours and we are a league above them?

[quote user="jay kay"]barnsley always gets a few of us up, its a good trip, dont really know why.
[/quote]

Does anyone know how many will be travelling tmo? Last time I went to Barnsley it was the last game of the season and we took nearly 6k. Won two nil and condemed them to relegation. lol. Anyone else go to that game? Think Bellamy and McVeigh scored the goals. McVeigh with his head if I remember correctly!!

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="cabbagearmy23"]

I honestly believe Norwich city has the best support in the country

what other club fills their ground week in week out with the kind of form we have had for the last couple of seasons

we always take a decent amount away

just look at sheffield united how few supporters they brought and they barely made a noise

I think all Norwich fans deserve a big well done

we have been the only bright spark involved with norwich city in the last couple seasons

On The Ball City!!!

[/quote]

Cant imagine there will be many at Barnsley this Sat though? Maybe for the big matches you are right.

[/quote]

Don''t know why you think that.  We normally take a good level of support up North and Barnsley isn''t too far.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="cabbagearmy23"]

what other club fills their ground week in week out with the kind of form we have had for the last couple of seasons

just look at sheffield united how few supporters they brought and they barely made a noise

we have been the only bright spark involved with norwich city in the last couple seasons

On The Ball City!!!

[/quote]

Cant imagine there will be many at Barnsley this Sat though? Maybe for the big matches you are right.

[/quote]

Don''t know why you think that.  We normally take a good level of support up North and Barnsley isn''t too far.

[/quote]

Depends how you percieve a good level of support? I dont know how many we are taking tmo but if I was to guess, I would say 1,500? Good level in relative terms but Im sure that there are others clubs in the Championship who will take many more this season. Obviously they wouldnt have had to travel as far as us though.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="jay kay"]barnsley always gets a few of us up, its a good trip, dont really know why.[/quote]

Does anyone know how many will be travelling tmo? Last time I went to Barnsley it was the last game of the season and we took nearly 6k. Won two nil and condemed them to relegation. lol. Anyone else go to that game? Think Bellamy and McVeigh scored the goals. McVeigh with his head if I remember correctly!!

[/quote]Bellamy was long gone by then if I remember rightly, it was McVeigh and I THINK Roberts.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="ellis206"]Leeds fans are shocking, to go from 40k a week down to about 13k a week shows how loyal there fans really were! Worst fans I''ve seen were Chelsea home and away, they do not sing one bit until they score, then they do that annoying song where they keep on singing "Chelsea" and then when McKenzie equalised you could hear a pin drop in there end, until they scored again, you see them do it on the tv as well, really poor fans! Best fans I''ve seen come to Carrow Road were Stockport a few years ago once they''d already been relegated, they were hilarious, doing the conga up and down the away area made for a real party atmosphere (especially when the Burnley result came through). Norwich fans always have good attendance home and away, but the atmosphere has been really quite bad recently. [/quote]

Leeds average home gate is higher than ours and we are a league above them?

[/quote]Is it balls, their highest attendance this season was 24.631, every other game is around the 20k mark (which is still shocking considering they were getting over 40k week in week out 3 seasons ago!) anyway our size of stadium lets us down, if we had a 30k stadium I''m sure we would still fill it week in week out

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="BarclayBoyPete"]

Best Supported Clubs Away From Home

1. Manchester United - Numbers + awesome song variety

2. Portsmouth - Not so many numbers, very loud whether they are winning or losing

Barnsley away sat :)

[/quote]

comedy stuff on here norwich arent even top 10 away support - last year at wolves you

1. didnt fill your allocation

2. didnt sing - regardless off how your team player, you didnt back them

3. built no atmosphere up

im not saying my team is in the top 10 either but say norwich is the best in the nation is somewhat april fool joke right?

[/quote]Norwich fans were officially voted the best fans in the country in our Premiership season, pretty sure Wolves fans never took that award when they were in the premiership?

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="jay kay"]barnsley always gets a few of us up, its a good trip, dont really know why.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bellamy was long gone by then if I remember rightly, it was McVeigh and I THINK Roberts.
[/quote]

Didn''t Neilsen score? Missed a penalty too if I remember correctly.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bellamy was long gone by then if I remember rightly, it was McVeigh and I THINK Roberts.
[/quote]

Didn''t Neilsen score? Missed a penalty too if I remember correctly.

[/quote]

Was thinking him too. Sod this Im going to check..........

............Cant find out on Official site because they only date back to 01/02 season. Cant believe it was that long ago! I remember that match vividly.........especially when all the Barnsley fans ran onto the pitch toward the Norwich fans threatening to slit our throats in front of my 10 year old nephew!

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="we8wba"][quote user="BarclayBoyPete"]

2. Portsmouth - Not so many numbers, very loud whether they are winning or losing

[/quote]

comedy stuff on here norwich arent even top 10 away support - last year at wolves you

im not saying my team is in the top 10 either but say norwich is the best in the nation is somewhat april fool joke right?

[/quote]

Norwich fans were officially voted the best fans in the country in our Premiership season, pretty sure Wolves fans never took that award when they were in the premiership?
[/quote]

erm.....why did you mention wolves? i did state several times im not comparing the two because we just end up in the "whos bigger" debate.... blatently you cant read posts fully or get them into that skull of yours seems everyone else on this board managed to understand me

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="cabbagearmy23"]

On The Ball City!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Depends how you percieve a good level of support? I dont know how many we are taking tmo but if I was to guess, I would say 1,500? Good level in relative terms but Im sure that there are others clubs in the Championship who will take many more this season. Obviously they wouldnt have had to travel as far as us though.

[/quote]

surely you taking more than 1500? i would guess 3000 at least for team vs barnsley away.

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="cabbagearmy23"]

On The Ball City!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

surely you taking more than 1500? i would guess 3000 at least for team vs barnsley away.

[/quote]

Doubt it would be anywhere near 3000 we8wba. Dont think anyone has a clue about numbers tmo. Im calling the ticket office.......

hope its good game for you mate, i know we sold around 4k last year but obviously wolves - barnsley and norwich - barnsley is quite a difference.

hope you have a good un

well i shall now wade in with my two bobs worth....firstly...newcastle?? dont make me laugh!! media bollox pure and simple....they had shocking crowds pre keegan for a club of their "size and tradition"......Sunderland...always had a soft spot but also fickle......if u want true loyal fans id have to say the north west os the heartland....man city definitely case in point....30,000gates in what is now div 1.....unbelievable....and before any idiots jump on this,. man utd would easily beat that and im not talking plastic london types...im talking true fans (and yes manchester has far more utd than city!).....we have decent enough numbers at home. for me the noise level is terrible....butthen im one of those that sings all game and just wishes the miserable gits inthe rest of the stadium would too....my all time favourite would have to be when at uni at UEA....went up to forest.....ok we got slaughtered and played pants....4-0 and should have been more.....at which point we got a few songs going no one joined in.....i mean what the hell?!?!?! i know losing dreadfully isnt fun but u travel all that way u may as well try to enjoy urself!!!!even if only a round of "were S**t and we know we are"norwich is a nice safe middle class city....thats its beauty and its downfall. we have good numbers,we have decent enough away support. but we are not same class as the manc teams,pompey,wednesday.and as much as i hate to say it the glaswegians and scousers.....having said that id rather live in norwich than any of those hell holes....so who cares?!?!? :)OTBC.sing up the river end :)

Some thoughts:our away support is pretty impressive given the mileage. Our nearest trip is almost 50 miles away. I would imagine there are quite a few Championship clubs within 50 miles of, well, let''s pick an example at random, Wolves.Our support at home has been pretty quiet over the last two seasons. I think there are two reasons for this:1) We have been resolutely rubbish for pretty much all of that time. After a while it does get to you.2) The turnover of players has been so great that there is no relationship between them and the fans - very few songs for individual players. Hopefully that will change as the current side goes on a abit of a run. I enjoyed the Karma Otsemobor last week...

Maybe we have the best support, maybe we don''t, but statistically we have only the third best average gates in our division, with Derby and Sheffield Utd both enjoying slightly higher attendances.

[quote user="Seaman Staines"]Maybe we have the best support, maybe we don''t, but statistically we have only the third best average gates in our division, with Derby and Sheffield Utd both enjoying slightly higher attendances.[/quote]But is that measured by the home fans attendance or the whole stadium attendance? Because this season the away fans that have come to Norwich have come in poor numbers, so that will effect our average attendance I assume? Our geographical posistion works against us sometimes because away fans don''t seem to come in good numbers!

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="we8wba"][quote user="BarclayBoyPete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Norwich fans were officially voted the best fans in the country in our Premiership season, pretty sure Wolves fans never took that award when they were in the premiership?[/quote]

erm.....why did you mention wolves? i did state several times im not comparing the two because we just end up in the "whos bigger" debate.... blatently you cant read posts fully or get them into that skull of yours seems everyone else on this board managed to understand me

[/quote]Yeah your right, sorry mate.We''ll compare the two when we beat you in a few weeks ;)

[quote user="we8wba"]

1. newcaslte

2. sunderland

3. portsmouth

4. leeds

top 4 by mile

newcastle and sunderland have that unique passion which seems to be so much more than anyone elses

portsmouth have great core support, not big on numbers but they dont stop singings should they be 6 nil up or 6nil down

leeds love them or hate them they are taking 4.5k to peteroboro, sold out every away end this season minimum being 2.5k, play in 3rd tier of football and averaging 22k at home. if it wasnt for the idiots they probably be most supported

[/quote]what a load of rubbish this is. newcastle, portsmouth, hahahaha

man utd have the best support in the country. no one has louder away fans.

lets face it, we sell out at home but our support on the whole is embarassing. and away, we dont make much noise, we dont fill our allocations, and WE ALL SIT DOWN!!!!

[quote user="elgrande"][quote user="we8wba"]

1. newcaslte

2. sunderland

3. portsmouth

4. leeds

top 4 by mile

newcastle and sunderland have that unique passion which seems to be so much more than anyone elses

portsmouth have great core support, not big on numbers but they dont stop singings should they be 6 nil up or 6nil down

leeds love them or hate them they are taking 4.5k to peteroboro, sold out every away end this season minimum being 2.5k, play in 3rd tier of football and averaging 22k at home. if it wasnt for the idiots they probably be most supported

[/quote]
what a load of rubbish this is. newcastle, portsmouth, hahahaha

lets face it, we sell out at home but our support on the whole is embarassing. and away, we dont make much noise, we dont fill our allocations, and WE ALL SIT DOWN!!!!
[/quote]

So Man U have the loudest support then eh?  Well I guess bigger mouths do make bigger sounds [:|]

1. newcaslte

2. sunderland

3. portsmouth

4. leeds

top 4 by mile

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m afraid I have to agree with you, we sing the same old songs,and when we do sing we don''t sing for long enough. We don''t make the atmosphere anywhere near as intimidating for the opposition players as some clubs do, Wolves being a good example. I didn''t go to the play off semi 2nd leg a few years ago but someone who went told me that when Wolves scored it was the loudest cheer they''d ever heard at a football match. Trouble is there are far to many young children in the crowd and while that is a good thing for safety it is hardly condusive to creating a hostile atmosphere. Having said that there has been some away games that the atmosphere has been brilliant, the Barnsley game a few years ago being a good example.

1. newcaslte

2. sunderland

3. portsmouth

4. leeds

top 4 by mile

[/quote]

[/quote]

Man U fans were sure quiet when Liverpool beat them, strange that, sing when you''re winning comes to mind lmfao

[quote user="otbc"]I think the main reason we fill our ground is we are quite alot cheaper than most in this division.[/quote]

The main reason is the lack of competition...ie...no premier or championship teams within 40 miles of Norwich.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="elgrande"][quote user="we8wba"]

1. newcaslte

2. sunderland

3. portsmouth

4. leeds

top 4 by mile

[/quote]what a load of rubbish this is. newcastle, portsmouth, hahahaha

lets face it, we sell out at home but our support on the whole is embarassing. and away, we dont make much noise, we dont fill our allocations, and WE ALL SIT DOWN!!!![/quote]

Man U fans were sure quiet when Liverpool beat them, strange that, sing when you''re winning comes to mind lmfao

[/quote]No they wearn''t. All you heard was Man Utd songs. It was that famous Kop atmosphere that was no where to be seen until Liverpool took the lead.

manutd have terrible support in my eyes, they take good numbers but as someone mention sing loudest when winning but soon its not going theyre way soon pip down

also their cheering for ronaldo cant be good support either?

i have far more respect for say pompey singing hearts out vs arsenal one year 6-0 down in the cup and sang through the whole game (which you wouldnt of known any difference than 1-0 pompey or 6-0 arsenal during the game) than the prawn sandwich eaters at utd

Newcastle are always said to have the best supporters in the country. I say you watch the best supporters fill that stadium next season when they could possibly be in the Championship. Much like their rivals Sunderland filled theirs during their spell in this division.