Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy with the Pink un Pickers.

[quote user="arrdee"]

Well done Nutty , Its great that all our lovely old Pickers can see how they are performing on the Free Bet , If you can think back talented one to when I started the Free Bet off , we would get about 5 replies and about 40 views , I use to think that no one liked me , a bit different now .

Now Devon If I could just make reference to the form your old mate we8 is in,  do you think he is going to sweep all before him ? credit to him he did warn you in his own words "I am coming after you Devon" Yes well done Mr Chops I did congratulate you on the opening page , sorry I cant partake in the virtual wedding cake but I will enjoy the virtual pint , you lovely old boy.[Y]....arrdee.

[/quote]

This is quite a coup for you.

It''s a fantastic thing to have for us to have a bit of fun and the chance to win money for the youth set up.

There are 35 names on Nutty''s post and I bet there are a lot more besides, this snowball is gathering pace !

...I have got to say just studying the table again, it looks like Lapp''s pin and blindfold method may not be working that well. [H]

I''ll give him a few pointers at the next ''meet'' Ray !!! [:D]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

...I have got to say just studying the table again, it looks like Lapp''s pin and blindfold method may not be working that well. [H]

I''ll give him a few pointers at the next ''meet'' Ray !!! [:D]

[/quote]

I note that you have distanced yourself from the lovely old Lapp or "Mally" Arr Ha!! now there is something you don''t know about your old mate Wass , when you cozy up together at the next Pickers meet ask him about it.[:D]....arrdee.

The only reason we8allthepies is on 100% is because he didn''t make a pick for the first four weeks of the season so he could see how the form went and which teams settled into the new season! its a trick that i thought of doing myself to give me a nice jump off near the top of the league but realised i would only be kidding myself and to have any true standing at the top of the pickers league the picker must partake in every week of the season possible.

Ah!! I see what you mean Devon , you are suggesting that we8 is trying to cheat himself to the top of Nuttys league , I always thought we8 was an upstanding individual and butter wouldn''t melt in his mouth , am I wrong ?....arrdee.

Nutty,when can i make my selection for next week as Kathy said it would be good if i was the first one to put it in this week.I think that is what she was talking about anyway.

Celtic to beat Hamilton should make it three out of three hopefully.

It''s about time I was on a leaderboard again, maybe next month. Is it possible Nutty to produce a table featuring the people who have been longest without an incorrect score or even those who have only got one wrong, I know I''m not there but It would be interesting to see who is the most consistent (I know Arrdee and Inch High) are the best but who else is doing ok. Its not that far till my turn to be picker so I must be observant!

[quote user="arrdee"]I am still trying to get my head around that Arsenal result , that was bad luck indeed Steve , you have joined the one wrong brigade , it is getting quite large now, there always seems one for the bookmaker , never mind we will be up and at em next week when we have the wonderful Gentleman Jim in the chair , another member of the one wrong club from last season , as long as all you lovely old City fans are enjoying yourselves I am a happy man....arrdee. [/quote]yeah gutted ray - got 1 wrong last time around, but the wind was really taken outa the ole sails this time around - mind you, i rate the hull - i tipped them as my selection to beat newcastle away, and they duly obliged, and then of course they drew away to liverpool - but to then go on and beat the arsenal after going a goal down takes the biscuit!!!  but given their 2 previous away displays - they had some form, and so maybe i didn''t give them the respect they deserved...anyways, thanks for the opportunity ray,,,and a big congrats to chop-a-lot, nice 1!!!

Yeah unlucky there LGT. I stuck a few quid with Billy on the teams chosen in this accumulator (Without actually knowing who you had picked as ive been away), at around 5pm all the 3pm favourites for the week had won and we might be in good shape, however I knew Arsenal would have ruined things either way. As someone else mentioned, a lot of people will be cursing that result.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="arrdee"]I am still trying to get my head around that Arsenal result , that was bad luck indeed Steve , you have joined the one wrong brigade , it is getting quite large now, there always seems one for the bookmaker , never mind we will be up and at em next week when we have the wonderful Gentleman Jim in the chair , another member of the one wrong club from last season , as long as all you lovely old City fans are enjoying yourselves I am a happy man....arrdee. [/quote]

yeah gutted ray - got 1 wrong last time around, but the wind was really taken outa the ole sails this time around - mind you, i rate the hull - i tipped them as my selection to beat newcastle away, and they duly obliged, and then of course they drew away to liverpool - but to then go on and beat the arsenal after going a goal down takes the biscuit!!!  but given their 2 previous away displays - they had some form, and so maybe i didn''t give them the respect they deserved...anyways, thanks for the opportunity ray,,,

and a big congrats to chop-a-lot, nice 1!!!

[/quote]

Yeah I know what it feels like to be 1 away, i suppose makes you more deternined the next time, but even so it is frustrating as you so desperatly want to be on RD''s hall of fame.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="arrdee"]I am still trying to get my head around that Arsenal result , that was bad luck indeed Steve , you have joined the one wrong brigade , it is getting quite large now, there always seems one for the bookmaker , never mind we will be up and at em next week when we have the wonderful Gentleman Jim in the chair , another member of the one wrong club from last season , as long as all you lovely old City fans are enjoying yourselves I am a happy man....arrdee. [/quote]yeah gutted ray - got 1 wrong last time around, but the wind was really taken outa the ole sails this time around - mind you, i rate the hull - i tipped them as my selection to beat newcastle away, and they duly obliged, and then of course they drew away to liverpool - but to then go on and beat the arsenal after going a goal down takes the biscuit!!!  but given their 2 previous away displays - they had some form, and so maybe i didn''t give them the respect they deserved...anyways, thanks for the opportunity ray,,,and a big congrats to chop-a-lot, nice 1!!!

[/quote]

Yeah I know what it feels like to be 1 away, i suppose makes you more deternined the next time, but even so it is frustrating as you so desperatly want to be on RD''s hall of fame.

[/quote]too true nc - no body remembers the runners-up, and there''s no prizes - unless you do each way!!!been walking around all day with a big L on me forehead,,,at least i''m off the bottom of the table though!!! 

I can''t even pick my own nose at the moment, never mind a winner.... Arsenal let me down against Hull, then Chelsea, then Liverpool drawing to Stoke...Right, that''s it.  New week, new mindset.  I''m going to pick six winners in a row from now until November.Thanks for the best wishes all  [:)]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][

There are 35 names on Nutty''s post and I bet there are a lot more besides, this snowball is gathering pace !

[/quote]

It''s amazing how many pickers we have taking part now Wazz! So far this season it''s "any way up" 69 posters have made a selection on the Free Bet Thread. 52 posters made selection for last weekend and 38 were right[Y] That''s 73% correct which is an amazing stat really. The most napped team was Leeds with 9 selecting them. Altogether 24 teams were napped with 16 being good picks which is still a healthy 66.66%.

Carrying on from my post earlier on this thread the stats for this week and the whole season were : -

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

16-24

114-201

Premiership

4-5

16-29

Championship

3-6

15-36

League One

3-5

18-36

League Two

0-2

11-26

Conference

11-17

Other Non Lge (Inc. Welsh)

1-1

2-3

English Cups

1-2

Scots Premiership

1-1

8-9

Scots Leagues

5-10

Europe

4-4

17-20

85%

Internationals

10/13

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Nutty,when can i make my selection for next week as Kathy said it would be good if i was the first one to put it in this week.I think that is what she was talking about anyway.

[/quote]

We will try and remember Celtic for you but the new thread will be up Wednesday night for next weeks games.[Y]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

It''s about time I was on a leaderboard again, maybe next month. Is it possible Nutty to produce a table featuring the people who have been longest without an incorrect score or even those who have only got one wrong, I know I''m not there but It would be interesting to see who is the most consistent (I know Arrdee and Inch High) are the best but who else is doing ok. Its not that far till my turn to be picker so I must be observant!

[/quote]

Obviously the other pickers who were correct throughout the month are on 4-4 but other than Arrdee and Inch High the longest current winning run is Camuldonum with 5.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

We will try and remember Celtic for you but the new thread will be up Wednesday night for next weeks games.[Y]

[/quote]

Sorry Nutty but after i did it Kathy told me that i had suffered from premature selectulation.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Nutty but after i did it Kathy told me that i had suffered from premature selectulation.

[/quote]

Why is it I get the impression that the nCIsA committee is like the cast from the ''Carry On Films'' [:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No change there then.

Nothing to be embarrassed about Shaun. You were 2-4 (50%) for September and 3-7(43%) over all.

Get a winner next week and you will be on 50% back on the leaderboard [Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is it I get the impression that the nCIsA committee is like the cast from the ''Carry On Films'' [:^)]

[;)]

[/quote]

Any similarity between the NCISA secretary and Barbara Windsor is a trick of the eye Nutty believe me.Now Hattie Jaques is another matter entirely.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

Any similarity between the NCISA secretary and Barbara Windsor is a trick of the eye Nutty believe me.Now Hattie Jaques is another matter entirely.

[/quote]

Whereas of course there are numerous similarities between the chairman and Sid James. One is an over the hill, overesexed, gobby, lecherous bloke in his late fifties. The other is a comedy actor from London who died in 1976.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nothing to be embarrassed about Shaun. You were 2-4 (50%) for September and 3-7(43%) over all.

Get a winner next week and you will be on 50% back on the leaderboard [Y]

[/quote]

Thanks [Y]. Got to put this bad luck behind me and get a winning run put together... get myself up the leaderboard. I still can''t believe Bradford lost that game against Bournemouth [:(], I was positive they would win.Infac, I was more annoyed about that than Hull beating Arsenal! oh well, next week i''ll find a definate winner ... hopefully...

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whereas of course there are numerous similarities between the chairman and Sid James. One is an over the hill, overesexed, gobby, lecherous bloke in his late fifties. The other is a comedy actor from London who died in 1976.

[/quote]

Dear oh dear the things I have to put up with on the Free Bet , for goodness sake Johnny you seem to be worse than Devon and Lapp rolled into one , please get a grip of yourself man , oohhh!! I think this could be the wrong term to use [:$] I had hoped the Free Bet would never come to this....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear the things I have to put up with on the Free Bet , for goodness sake Johnny you seem to be worse than Devon and Lapp rolled into one , please get a grip of yourself man , oohhh!! I think this could be the wrong term to use [:$] I had hoped the Free Bet would never come to this....arrdee.

[/quote]

Sorry Ray but I just cant lay down and take that can I?

Oh bugger....................

When Johnny comes marching home again, oh yeah, oh yeah,

They''ll wonder what he did and when, oh, yeah, oh yeah,

The girls will scream and the boys will pout

The old folks too will have a snout

And they''ll all go mad when Johnny comes marching home,

Will a tall tale be told when Johnny comes marching home

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

When Johnny comes marching home again, oh yeah, oh yeah,

They''ll wonder what he did and when, oh, yeah, oh yeah,

The girls will scream and the boys will pout

The old folks too will have a snout

And they''ll all go mad when Johnny comes marching home,

Will a tall tale be told when Johnny comes marching home

[/quote]

Ahh!! Johnny Gavin back from Spurs....arrdee.