Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy with the Pink un Pickers.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Damn...[/quote]

yep Hull have done us , how good are they? they seem to like playing London clubs . Never mind Lucky so close but there is always next week and remember this lovely entertainment you have given us this afternoon hasn''t cost us a penny....arrdee.

[/quote]just back in - switched on comp - pleased to see celtic had turned it around at the death, but then could believe hull had beaten arsenal away, having been a goal down...bet that result has screwed up accumulators up and down the land - punters waiting upon the arsenal result to collect - how many had counted their chickens???  cue lots of drowning sorrows!!!never mind, there''s always next week - keep positive boys!!!

[/quote]doh - meant to say ''couldn''t believe...''and yeah - didn''t hull draw away to liverpool a couple of weeks back, messing up loadsa predictions???   

[quote user="leedscanary"]

looks like Hull should be given a wide berth at the moment. unlucky LGT - I thought you had it in the bag.

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[/quote]yeah - more like given the sack!!!how did your punt do leeds???

LGT, I really didn''t want to mention. Since you asked, it ended TNS 6, Porthmadog 0.

No worries though, all your picks looked nailed on, and we got screwed by a freak result.

Better luck next time - you''ve been a great picker, I''m sure Arrdee ha you pencilled in for another go soon.

LC (YG)

[quote user="leedscanary"]

LGT, I really didn''t want to mention. Since you asked, it ended TNS 6, Porthmadog 0.

No worries though, all your picks looked nailed on, and we got screwed by a freak result.

Better luck next time - you''ve been a great picker, I''m sure Arrdee ha you pencilled in for another go soon.

LC (YG)

[/quote]lol - those pesky foreign leagues!!!nice 1 LC (YG)

Hard luck LGT these things do happen I''m afraid.

Well done Inchy your fantastic run comtinues, Ray is still in with a chance 1-1 after 68 mins, exciting or what ? ? ?

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Well done Inchy your fantastic run comtinues, Ray is still in with a chance 1-1 after 68 mins, exciting or what ? ? ?

[/quote]thanks GJ - how did your punt do??? and yeah, well done inchy...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]

thanks GJ - how did your punt do??? and yeah, well done inchy...
[/quote]

Scraped home 1-0, am now on a winning run of   ONE  ! ! !

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]thanks GJ - how did your punt do??? and yeah, well done inchy...[/quote]

Scraped home 1-0, am now on a winning run of   ONE  ! ! !

[/quote]ha ha - well done, i must admit an unbeaten run sometimes comes unstuck when you least expect it, like against a team on a losing streak, thas what put me orf bor!!!but the results always make sense after the event...

LGT pat yourself on the back for all the others you chose because there can''t be a football fan in the country who could have seen that Arsenal result coming. I should think there are a few tears dropping into a few pints tonight along with some torn up slips.[:''(]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]LGT pat yourself on the back for all the others you chose because there can''t be a football fan in the country who could have seen that Arsenal result coming. I should think there are a few tears dropping into a few pints tonight along with some torn up slips.[:''(][/quote]Very true Inchy. It sounded as those hull gave them a really good game, but aww well it''s all about avoiding the mines and yet again this season there have been massive almost un-avoidable ones. But we''ll be back to have another crack next week!Also, Inchy, you must be nearly be on as good a streak as I (or newyork) did last season. Can he break the record? (I guess the same might go for ray if his turkish nap comes in)

It''s even worse when he''s trying to ''offload'' his sausages. He''ll follow you everywhere till you eat one and as soon as yer finish he''s back again. He''s a tenacious one that Ray.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Can''t get rid of him.[:D][:D][/quote]yeah - well done inchy and ardee, the reason i didn''t pick you boys was cos i felt maybe your winning streaks would come to a end, especially cos you''re head to head - sometimes thats enough to undo both...well done again...

Unlucky LGT, to be denied by a promoted team winning at the Emirates is the cruelest way possible to lose an accumulator with 5/5 already correct. Similar to last week with Stoke at Anfield, I guess these sides raise their game when they go to big places and are getting more joy as the big sides rotate teams to try and win more competitions.

[quote user="Fellas"]It''s even worse when he''s trying to ''offload'' his sausages. He''ll follow you everywhere till you eat one and as soon as yer finish he''s back again. He''s a tenacious one that Ray.
[/quote]

Ha ha ! Well done arrdee mate, show em what us oldies can do !

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[quote user="Fellas"]It''s even worse when he''s trying to ''offload'' his sausages. He''ll follow you everywhere till you eat one and as soon as yer finish he''s back again. He''s a tenacious one that Ray.
[/quote]

Ha ha ! Well done arrdee mate, show em what us oldies can do !

[/quote]

Oh dear Inchy it seems that pesky Turkish team won ,I tried hard to step aside and let you take the lead but the best laid plans of men and mice . I will try hard to pick a loser next week , I think I will stay in Turkey and I will tell you what I will do I will say err! who?....who ?Besiktas they were away today so they must be playing at home next weekend, I have no idea who they are playing . Now hows that ? I am sure I have picked a loser there , you lovely old boy .

And talking of lovely old boys , now Jim I want to talk to you about this oldies thing , I can''t imagine you were referring to me , I am sure you ment Lapp because he is very old you know.[:D]....arrdee.

I am still trying to get my head around that Arsenal result , that was bad luck indeed Steve , you have joined the one wrong brigade , it is getting quite large now, there always seems one for the bookmaker , never mind we will be up and at em next week when we have the wonderful Gentleman Jim in the chair , another member of the one wrong club from last season , as long as all you lovely old City fans are enjoying yourselves I am a happy man....arrdee. 

I can''t believe Arsenal let me down - and everyone down.  Fools.On the bright side, I got married on Friday so there''s virtual wedding cake all round. [<:o)] [^][B] [^] [D] [^] [<:o)]No draws in the Premiership yesterday - worth a sneaky double on Pompey/Spurs and Wigan/Man City today?  Not ''arf.  [H]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I can''t believe Arsenal let me down - and everyone down.  Fools.

On the bright side, I got married on Friday so there''s virtual wedding cake all round. [<:o)] [^][B] [^] [D] [^] [<:o)]

No draws in the Premiership yesterday - worth a sneaky double on Pompey/Spurs and Wigan/Man City today?  Not ''arf.  [H]
[/quote]

Congratulations and, if it helps, the Hull win seems to have wrecked accumulators all over Britain...............[:)]

Yes indeed - Arsenal let me down for my line too! [:@] But let''s not dwell on it, we were unlucky but we have another chance next week [Y]

I have loads to report this morning! So many Pickers now to keep track of, so here''s the latest news [8-|]

Yes that youngish pretender Inch High[*] is still walking tall at the top of our table on 8 from 8 with our wily old campaigner Arrdee[*]. The pair of ''em are showing us all the way with eight [:O] consecutive winning naps![Y] But they have to share Septembers Picker Of The Month glory with seven other pickers! Yes I''m proud to tell you that nine of you share this months honour with four from four winning naps. So it''s congratulations to Arrdee[*], Camuldonum[*], Fellas[*], Inch High[*], Lucky Green Trainers[*], P''boro_canary[*], The Butler[*], Trent Canary[*] and We8wba[*]. You have set a high standard for October![Y]

And our table after 8 weeks looks like this.

Picker

Month

Month %

Season

Season %

Arrdee

4-4

8-8

Inch High

4-4

8-8

We8wba

4-4

4-4

Trent Canary

4-4

7-8

Camuldonum

4-4

5-6

Cosmic Twin

3-4

6-8

Fellas

4-4

6-8

Gorleston (Gentleman) Jim

2-4

6-8

Hissing Sid

2-4

6-8

Nutty nigel

3-4

6-8

P’boro_canary

4-4

6-8

Shack Attack

3-4

6-8

GazzaTCC

3-4

3-4

Obiwancanary

3-4

3-4

Sparkos

3-4

3-4

Beaker

3-4

5-7

Blahblahblah

3-4

5-7

7Rew

2-3

4-6

1st Wazzock

3-4

75%

5-8

Delia’s Devon..

3-4

75%

5-8

Leeds Canary

3-4

75%

5-8

Lucky Green Trainers

4-4

100%

5-8

Newyorkcanary

3-4

75%

5-8

The Butler

4-4

100%

5-8

MacDougall’s perm

2-4

3-5

Mr Bump

3-4

3-5

NCFC star

2-3

3-5

Robert N Lim

2-4

3-5

Scooby

3-4

3-5

Cityangel

2-3

4-7

Muddy funster

3-4

4-7

Graham Humphrey

3-4

4-8

Yankee Canary

3-4

4-8

Canary Chris

1-3

2-4

Methcanary

2-3

2-4

Remember I only list pickers who have over 50% and have picked in half the available weeks. But there''s a lot of new pickers who are charging towards this group so keep putting them in! [Y]

Well done Nutty , Its great that all our lovely old Pickers can see how they are performing on the Free Bet , If you can think back talented one to when I started the Free Bet off , we would get about 5 replies and about 40 views , I use to think that no one liked me , a bit different now .

Now Devon If I could just make reference to the form your old mate we8 is in,  do you think he is going to sweep all before him ? credit to him he did warn you in his own words "I am coming after you Devon" Yes well done Mr Chops I did congratulate you on the opening page , sorry I cant partake in the virtual wedding cake but I will enjoy the virtual pint , you lovely old boy.[Y]....arrdee.