Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy with the Pink un Pickers.

I am in a hole and digging furiously by sticking to my method in the last two weeks.

Consequently Liverpool and Cambridge are off my Christmas card list and  I am breaking my own rules and going for an away win and further more deserting my British hunting grounds and popping over to Spain for my nap this week.

My selection is Sporting Gijon v Villareal  away win.

Gijon have leaked 19 goals in 4 games Villa are unbeaten to date. (say no more)

I know this doesn''t fit your stated criteria LGT but I can''t see anything at home that fills me with enough confidence to recommend it to you . Good luck mate.

I''m off to Holland this week for my nap.

PSV Eindhoven vs FC Volendam - HOME WIN

Volendam are bottom of the Eredivisie and have conceded eight goals in their two games so far. PSV are third with six points out of a possible nine and should have too much for the newly promoted side.

Good luck LGT.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Second team Cam, lived next to the ground for three years whilst at uni.

Norwich is the wife, Rovers is the fun-loving, high-scoring, FA Cup-running, exciting mistress.

[/quote]

Fair enough, thought there had to be a reason................

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

After last week with Bournemouth somehow beating bradford.. I think i''ll play it safe. Arsenal to beat Hull at home for me, would find a more adventurous pick but I need to get back to winning ways [;)]

Arsenal V Hull City - Home win

[/quote]

I was crying in my beer the same as you last week Shaun, darn that pesky Bournmouth.

This week thought it''s got to be the mighty Leeds, home win vs the lowly Hereford.

Good luck, LGT

Celtic to beat Aberdeen.

While Aberdeen have won their only two away league games Celtic will be pressed by the boss not to lose further points to Rangers. Home win I believe.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

I am in a hole and digging furiously by sticking to my method in the last two weeks.

Consequently Liverpool and Cambridge are off my Christmas card list and  I am breaking my own rules and going for an away win and further more deserting my British hunting grounds and popping over to Spain for my nap this week.

My selection is Sporting Gijon v Villareal  away win.

Gijon have leaked 19 goals in 4 games Villa are unbeaten to date. (say no more)

I know this doesn''t fit your stated criteria LGT but I can''t see anything at home that fills me with enough confidence to recommend it to you . Good luck mate.

[/quote]thanks GJ - i know some of you canny boys like to plough in foreign fields and make no mistake, i''ll give all these selections due consideration and the respect they deserve...cos we all know nutty''s table has given this years comp an edge - we all want to pick winners for foncy but also try to keep pace with the likes of inchy (young pretender) and ardee (old salt (wise))!!!

Yes Arrdee I am as proud as you are. What we have here now is unique to football message boards and in the football leagues. I don''t know of any other club who is supported in this way by their fans from all over the world. The relationship between the Pink Un Pickers - Billy Dixon - Norwich City Football Club is quite simply unique and amazing. I see no reason why we cannot go from strength to strength and I hope all the pickers and indeed the pink un itself are as proud as we are.

I thought long and hard about posting this. I don''t believe in any censorship of the free bet and pickers should be able to pick games from whatever leagues they are comfortable with. This goes for the final selections too. We don''t like recriminations of any kind simply because this wonderful venture is here for all us pickers to enjoy. However, keeping records of all you pickers for our own league, which we all enjoy, has given me other information that I would like to share with you. This information is simply that. It''s some statistics that I am posting for you to look at. It''s not a criticism of anyone in any way and neither is it a request for anyone to change anything they do.

I reckon we have had 177 different selections so far this season with 98 being good picks. That''s an overall success rate of 55.36%. Now look how that success rate stacks up in the various leagues :-

Premier 12/24 - 50%

Championship 12/30 - 40%

League One 15/31 - 48.39%

League Two 11/24 - 45.83%

Conference 11/17 - 64.7%

Other Non League 1/2 - 50%

FA Cup \ Charity Shield 1/2 - 50%

Scottish Premier 7/8 - 87.5%

Scottish Leagues 5/10 - 50%

Europe 13/16 - 81.25%

Internationals 10/13 - 76.92%

The Scottish leagues breakdown as follows: League One 1/3, League Two 2/3 and League Three 2/4.

In Europe it''s France 2/2, Greece 2/2, Germany 2/2, Spain 5/7, Italy 1/2 and Holland 1/1.

Food for thought at least. The Leagues in bold are where the success rate is above average. I will keep an eye on this as the form settles down. As always statistics should be taken with a bit of caution. The Championship we know is a minefield but there was only one good pick out of the first 10 so it has settled down since. What this does show is that we should have a good chance on the next international break which I believe is 11th October!

I''m going to France for my selection this week. Lyon who have won their 3 home fixtures scoring 8 goals in the process and I feel they should be too strong for Nancy.

Lyon V Nancy        Home win.

Good luck lucky[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes Arrdee I am as proud as you are. What we have here now is unique to football message boards and in the football leagues. I don''t know of any other club who is supported in this way by their fans from all over the world. The relationship between the Pink Un Pickers - Billy Dixon - Norwich City Football Club is quite simply unique and amazing. I see no reason why we cannot go from strength to strength and I hope all the pickers and indeed the pink un itself are as proud as we are.

I thought long and hard about posting this. I don''t believe in any censorship of the free bet and pickers should be able to pick games from whatever leagues they are comfortable with. This goes for the final selections too. We don''t like recriminations of any kind simply because this wonderful venture is here for all us pickers to enjoy. However, keeping records of all you pickers for our own league, which we all enjoy, has given me other information that I would like to share with you. This information is simply that. It''s some statistics that I am posting for you to look at. It''s not a criticism of anyone in any way and neither is it a request for anyone to change anything they do.

I reckon we have had 177 different selections so far this season with 98 being good picks. That''s an overall success rate of 55.36%. Now look how that success rate stacks up in the various leagues :-

Premier 12/24 - 50%

Championship 12/30 - 40%

League One 15/31 - 48.39%

League Two 11/24 - 45.83%

Conference 11/17 - 64.7%

Other Non League 1/2 - 50%

FA Cup \ Charity Shield 1/2 - 50%

Scottish Premier 7/8 - 87.5%

Scottish Leagues 5/10 - 50%

Europe 13/16 - 81.25%

Internationals 10/13 - 76.92%

The Scottish leagues breakdown as follows: League One 1/3, League Two 2/3 and League Three 2/4.

In Europe it''s France 2/2, Greece 2/2, Germany 2/2, Spain 5/7, Italy 1/2 and Holland 1/1.

Food for thought at least. The Leagues in bold are where the success rate is above average. I will keep an eye on this as the form settles down. As always statistics should be taken with a bit of caution. The Championship we know is a minefield but there was only one good pick out of the first 10 so it has settled down since. What this does show is that we should have a good chance on the next international break which I believe is 11th October!

[/quote]sorry - i didn''t realise the conf and euro leagues were such happy hunting grounds for pink un punters - keep the selections coming boys and i''ll do me best!!!

Lucky... this wasn''t meant as a critcism. Please don''t take it that way. It''s just information from the records I keep that I am sharing. This is your week in charge of the free bet and you do whatever you are comfortable with. The best thing to do with stats is look at them. There''s no reason to say that all the selections from the Conference and Europe will do any better than those from the Champs this week. I guess it just says that over all so far this season they have.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Lucky... this wasn''t meant as a critcism. Please don''t take it that way. It''s just information from the records I keep that I am sharing. This is your week in charge of the free bet and you do whatever you are comfortable with. The best thing to do with stats is look at them. There''s no reason to say that all the selections from the Conference and Europe will do any better than those from the Champs this week. I guess it just says that over all so far this season they have.

[/quote]no problem nutty - took it in the spirit intended - the facts of the stats don''t lie!!!  keep ''em coming in boys.,/

Oldham let me down last week so i wont pick them again....

BLACKBURN to win away at Newcastle and heap even more misery on the geordie faithful.

jas :)

League 1 this week. After a sluggish start to the season Scunthorpe have found their feet and  have now won their last six games. Yeovil, on the other hand, started brightly but haven''t won in the last seven games. I really can''t see Yeovil getting anything from this so......

Scunthorpe v Yeovil.... Home win.

Good luck Lgt  [Y]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I''m off to Holland this week for my nap.

PSV Eindhoven vs FC Volendam - HOME WIN

Volendam are bottom of the Eredivisie and have conceded eight goals in their two games so far. PSV are third with six points out of a possible nine and should have too much for the newly promoted side.

Good luck LGT.

[/quote]Having already got one right this week (Albeit on a completely wrong day), my backup was, and shall remain PSV Eindhoven over Volendam, for the same reasons as above.Also they have to be one of the heaviest favourites ive ever seen with the bookies for a straight league match (IE Not international match or cup competition)

My first ever Pinkun prediction!

Manchester United to Beat Bolton is my selection

Put that in with Chelsea to beat Stoke and Arsenal to beat Hull, and it''s a very easy treble!!

Following the incalculable win that Bournemouth had at Bradford last week to ruin my run, I''m never going to Division 2 again!

So i''m going for a home banker this week.

LEEDS to beat Hereford.

Dirty Leeds performing at home, Hereford better at home than away.  Banker!

After 3 bad weeks from league 2 I''m going for Aston Villa to beat Sunderland at home from the Premier League, Villa look like the only side likely to break into the top four this season and are playing well under Martin O'' Neill.

Good Luck Lucky Green trainers and keep the free bet flag flying high.