Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Don't damn well kid yourselves!

Smith and Jones will never sell up!.

Oh for sure, they make the right noises in public,  but as of today, neither has even talked to Mr Cullum according to the club, you must remember him? he''s the local born, City supporter worth over a billion pounds!

Add to that, virtually pricing City out of the market by slapping a 56 million price tag on us!.

Loaning us another 2 million quid (it has to be paid back remember?) is not the actions of a woman planning to jump ship any day soon.

Lets face it, we''re damn well stuck with them..........and her![:@]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED!  [:''(][:''(][:''(]

[/quote]

Actually Lapps, and all jokes aside, we bloody well are doomed with those two fools at the helm.[:S]

[/quote]To the lifeboats! [li] [st][li][st] [li][st] [li][st] [li][st] [li][st][|-)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Oh for sure, they make the right noises in public,  but as of today, neither has even talked to Mr Cullum according to the club, you must remember him? he''s the local born, City supporter worth over a billion pounds!

Add to that, virtually pricing City out of the market by slapping a 56 million price tag on us!.

Loaning us another 2 million quid (it has to be paid back remember?) is not the actions of a woman planning to jump ship any day soon.

[/quote]

and I didn''t even know that Mel & Griff Rhys were selling anything ?!?!

[/quote]

Dont forget that the figure quoted includes £20m for the team + the debt.  If you take the money for the team off its not so unreasonable.  I take you havent heard the noises coming out of other clubs re. debt.  While we ma not be flush we aren''t as destitute as others.  Pompey for example are on the way if they cant find a buyer, they have an infastructure and income that cant afford the outgoings.  Do you not find that shocking.  How are we meant to compete when prem clubs are up against the wall for daring to be competitive.

Football is not as it was 20 years ago.  But while the majority of us move on and accept the modern game people like yourselves are still stuck in the european run timewarp.

[/quote]So - if we''re stuck with them, and there nothing that ever could be done - that it''s our lot in life, how you were born to suffer - and not even the intervention of god would make a difference, then why the hell don''t you ever shut up and accept it then - unless of course, there is something that can be done and all your opinions and bullshit is moot!?

[/quote]

Haha, why do you say that in every other post?

Let’s face facts 1st Wizard. You, and quite a few other people on here have a personal Vendetta with Delia Smith. You’re not interested in facts but, rather more interested in rumours, miffs and bullshi*. Ten years ago Delia Smith or someone of her equivalent wealth, had the finances to make a real change to a 2nd tier club. Now she has not got anywhere near the wealth to push for a promotion. Now, I’m not going to witch hunt her for that, but thank her for what contribution she had made to OUR club.

But at the same time, I’m confident that she has got the best of intentions for this club, and doesn’t’ want to see more than a decade worth of good work (mostly) go down the pan. So surely would you not agree that she would like to make sure it goes to someone who isn’t going to risk flushing all the current boards work down the pan?  

[/quote]

Good. Excellent news

[quote user="IBA"]Forum doesn''t like Chrome does it?[/quote]ooOOOOOH!  Look at Mister Fancypants here.This is Norfolk.  What''s wrong with netscape navigator v2?

I have no vendetta against them, if ten years ago someone of comparitive wealth could make a real change to a second tier club why didnt it happen ?

As I have said before the only thing that really sticks in my throat is the fact that they have never given Mr Cullum the courtesy of a face to face meeting, to my knowledge never invited him to see a game from the directors box, never tried to discuss the matter like adults regardless of distances between any valuations. This really does not go along with the concept of being open to investment.

Time will tell if any lessons have been learned

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

I have no vendetta against them, if ten years ago someone of comparitive wealth could make a real change to a second tier club why didnt it happen ?

As I have said before the only thing that really sticks in my throat is the fact that they have never given Mr Cullum the courtesy of a face to face meeting, to my knowledge never invited him to see a game from the directors box, never tried to discuss the matter like adults regardless of distances between any valuations. This really does not go along with the concept of being open to investment.

Time will tell if any lessons have been learned

[/quote]

Sorry, I’m not tarring everyone with the same brush, but it really annoys me when people start the same thread time and time again.

In response to your question, I think Delia and co have brought stability from the end of the Chase era. I also think they’ve made a real changes with regards to our stadium and training facilities. Okay we got to the premier league once, but there is so many clubs striving for the same success we want.

I agree that something doesn’t quite meet the eye and its annoying being left in the dark with regards to the Cullum deal

The statement from the club today made it very clear that PC has not made any offer for the existing shares. I would like to see PC take over but at the moment there appears that there is nothing to discuss

if cullum really wanted to buy the club then surely he would have done. wats £36m (excluding the 20m for players) to someone worth over £1billion pounds! and lets be honest a man with his backgound would be able to renegotiate the loans and it would therefore not cost him 36m!