Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Missed chances..

When you miss as many chances as we have over so many games I''m afraid you have to say it''s not bad luck it''s bad finishing. We don''t have any natural finishers. We have players who miss chances week in week out. Whilst I can sympathise with a player who hit the post or bar from 25 yards out when you do it from 5 or even worse hit the keeper from 5 yard so often you have to say that misfortune is not to blame. The quality of the player is.Without goals you can''t control matches. Without goals you can''t win matches. I have to say I am a worried City fan tonight!

I totally agree with you. Week in and week out its all about missed chances. Iam personally getting fed up with that statement. At the moment we are no better than last season.There is always comments on here about the Scum as people call them but at the moment they are better than us and that hurts.

I still think we''ll be safe (fingers crossed), but it''s not just the forwards who miss chances no one in the team contributes goals. Most other teams centre backs pop up with four or five, wingers used to get around 10 goals, you''d have a centre mid who used to lay in with about 7. We dont have any players who score regularly anywhere in the team. Can anyone see us winning other than by the odd goal here or there this season?

For goodness sake - the season is only 9 games old.  That means there are 37 games left.  The very idea that any side can even remotely say that ''we''re doomed'', ''we''re safe'' or even ''we''re going up'' at such an early stage is laughable.   Did you not learn anything at all last season?! 

We have seen enough this season to know that the side is capable of playing extremely well, but that it is also capable of being poor.  But in that respect we are probably not that different to many other sides.  What counts is how long we have this dip in form.  We certainly do need to start taking our chances, that is absolutely clear - and it is also clear that there are players in our current XI that are not pulling their weight (Fozzie for certain).  It is down to GR to sort it out in time for it to not become an issue.

Just back from the game we were poor

created some decent chances but never really looked like scoring and the penalty incident really left a sour taste.

Thank god we had marshall in goal otherwise we would have lost by 5 or six at least.

same old problem putting the ball in the net