Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

We're a fickle bunch aren't we?

Yep, it''s not been a great week. 1 point from our last 2 matches just isn''t good enough if we harbour any hopes of challenging at the top (those were the wishes of our skipper anyway).

But let''s face it, it''s still early days. A win tonight and we''d have gone to a stone''s throw away from the top 6, and we''re still not exactly a million miles away. But a couple of bad results and we all (and this is not just directed at Norwich fans) get on the backs of the board and the manager.

It would be nice if Cullum took over tomorrow, gave Glenn a big fat bag of cash, and said ''there you go Glenn, fill ya boots''. It might happen soon, it might happen before January (let''s face it, there''s not much those rich Arabs could do right now).

But protesting or boycotting games won''t achieve anything, and this coming from someone who did go to the Worthington protests. Delia and co will sell, it''s just a matter of time, and who to. They have been here for over a decade now, and if anyone thinks that Newcastle-esq antics are going to persuade anyone potential investors to come, or for Delia to sell quicker, are very sadly mistaken.

Are we better off than last year? I''d say yes. We have a far better manager in charge, and in my opinion, a better squad. And more than anything else, we are potentially not too far away from being owned by a very rich norfolk man...

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Yep, it''s not been a great week. 1 point from our last 2 matches just isn''t good enough if we harbour any hopes of challenging at the top (those were the wishes of our skipper anyway).

But let''s face it, it''s still early days. A win tonight and we''d have gone to a stone''s throw away from the top 6, and we''re still not exactly a million miles away. But a couple of bad results and we all (and this is not just directed at Norwich fans) get on the backs of the board and the manager.

It would be nice if Cullum took over tomorrow, gave Glenn a big fat bag of cash, and said ''there you go Glenn, fill ya boots''. It might happen soon, it might happen before January (let''s face it, there''s not much those rich Arabs could do right now).

But protesting or boycotting games won''t achieve anything, and this coming from someone who did go to the Worthington protests. Delia and co will sell, it''s just a matter of time, and who to. They have been here for over a decade now, and if anyone thinks that Newcastle-esq antics are going to persuade anyone potential investors to come, or for Delia to sell quicker, are very sadly mistaken.

Are we better off than last year? I''d say yes. We have a far better manager in charge, and in my opinion, a better squad. And more than anything else, we are potentially not too far away from being owned by a very rich norfolk man...

[/quote]

Not sure about week, but, it hasn''t been a good season so far.  2 wins from 10 games quite simply is not good enough!  As for a better squad than last, you have got to be having a laugh?  Even if that was true most of the squad are on Hire Purchase and couldn''t give a s**t about playing for City

Of course theres no need for a protest, but things are a major concern

It''s nice that you have ur glass half full, but there are so many negatives at the moment, the ifs buts and maybe about a win at southampton are just ifs:-

If we could shoot

If we could tackle without giving a way penalty

If we could pick a settled side

If we we were luckier

IF IF Bloody IF

The fact is; we lost too a southamton side cobbled together from mainly academy lads, who have taken their chance, we should have been more than a match for them and shouldnt have let them get into a position to win the game. We cant score against them, and with no funds for any new attackers, we are in big trouble....we might be able to buy iverson, but we''ll have to sell Marshall maning we''ll have Brentfords Number 2 from last season in goal.....triffic...

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]I''m assuming that your glass is not half full then Huddy...[/quote]

You assume right....

If you had anything alcoholic in your glass tonight, you would have to be saint for it not to be compeletely empty by now!

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

And what makes you so sure that permenant signings would care any more about city, or that they''d be of any better quality?

[/quote]

If you look at Wolves they''ve managed to sign decent young footballers, who imo have gone to Wolves because they are ambitious are expect Wolves to be challenging for promotion.  Do the loanees who are probably going back to their own clubs in January really care where City finish this season, I doubt it.

I''m not sure if permanent signings would have been better quality, but we must be the only club in the Championship to have 8 players on loan and we''re 19th, I think that speak for itself.

[quote user="Smudger"]Fickle bunch, or fick bunch???  [8-)] [:$][/quote]your right smudge fick fick fick!!!!! [:D][:''(][:$][:@]

The thing is we are told we are getting loans in so we can have quality , the results show the loans are just as crap as the players Worthington and Grant brought in . How many more weeks before we hit the bottom ? the fixtures are going to start getting harder now, we have had an easy start and are already 19th . Who is going to save us this season and with the prospect of losing some of the loans in January and no money to replace them . Just cannot see 3 teams worse than us even Blackpool are getting good results and thats without Hoolahan and Gorkks .