Sign in to follow this  
vos

Let's be brutally honest

Another way of putting it, was Grant as bad as the statics state?. He struggled and everyone,myself included ,blamed Grant but twelve months later not much has changed. Yes new manager and players'' other than that it is the usual substanded football.

I believe that it is a direct result of the Premiership  for NCFs current situation like numerous clubs in the lower leagues. There is no money which  has a knock on effect of journeyman players who are not up to the mark.

Unless please realise the danger of the Premiership to the football  league then the decline will continue.

Grant lost the dressing room because of his ego, or so it seems to me looking at things from afar.  The players quit on him because he seemed too full of himself and his new-found authority as manager.  Making statements about not playing someone in the next match who just had a great game is not the way to win friends and influence people.

I didn''t think Roeder had this problem until last week when he made a similar statement.  His lineup selections are confusing.  What motivated him to start with 2 strikers on the bench and one or none on the field at Barnsley?  If Croft was having a good game, why not sub out someone else?  Apparently Fotheringham hasn''t been playing well lately, yet we have a pile of midfielders who don''t even get a chance.

At least Roeder has experience so he won''t let his ego drive us to oblivion like Grant did.  I hope I am wrong.

Thank you for saving me looking that team up. 12 months ago we were an utter, utter shambles. We now have a solid, mid-table Championship side. It''s not perfect, but it is a hell of a lot better than a year ago, and if people can''t see that, then they can''t have seen those games against QPR, Scunthorpe, Sheff Wed and Bristol City last season, when Grant and Duffy put out the most incompetent teams I have ever seen represent Norwich City.

Can''t comment on the Barnsley game, but a young, injury-hit City side were very resilient against the Blades, and 0-0 would have been a very creditable result, even without Croft''s goal. We need more attacking threat, everyone knows that, and without it we won''t compete for promotion. But we were within an ace of dropping into Division Three last May, and what Roeder has done since then deserves more credit.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="vos"]

I personally do not think we are any better than 12 months ago.

[/quote]

Norwich City v QPR, 8th October 2007

Norwich: Marshall, Otsemobor, Shackell, Dublin (Murray 46), Drury, Croft, Russell, Jarvis, Lappin (Strihavka 63), Martin (Brown 76), Huckerby.
Subs Not Used: Gilks, Chadwick.

Norwich City v Sheffield United, 20th September 2008

Norwich: Marshall, Otsemobor, Grounds, Omozusi, Drury (Hoolahan 68), Croft, Fotheringham, Pattison (Lupoli 25, (Cureton 65)), Bertrand, Sibierski, Russell.
Subs Not Used: Nelson, Archibald-Henville.

I think we are.

[/quote]

[quote user="vos"]

I personally do not think we are any better than 12 months ago. We have already failed to beat some very very mediocre teams and in most games so far we have never looked like scoring. OK the players pulled themselves together upon Roeder''s arrival last year to avoid relegation - just.

However with his persistent team changes which in most cases defy basic logic I already think he has lost the plot and support of several players. He clearly has his favourites and won''t be moved. Pattison and Fotheringham appear to be first on the team sheet although many pollsters don''t rate them for this Division. Week after week we see players instructed to play in unfamiliar positions.At the moment we do not have anything approaching a settled team.

Most worrying is the lack of skill and quality throughout the team. This showed up last week when Drury after a long lay off looked a class above the rest of the team and then is dropped. Hoolhan is a footballer compared with the rest of the midfielders but on most occasions cannot find space to play a bit because the so called ball winners in turn never give him a decent pass - as was the case with Huckerby. I can see no improvement in skill in any position or player since Roeder arrived. In the second half against Sheff Utd a lot of our play revolved around passing the ball back to Marshall and he hoofed it high in the air.

I am afraid it begins to look like another grim season.

[/quote]You realise that we were rooted at bottom of the table at the end of September last year? looking favourites for relegation and believing that nobody could save us?We are now mid table, having kept two clean sheets in a row. Im sorry, but you seem to lack the ability to construct a valid argument. I might even go as far as to call you an idiot.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="vos"]

I personally do not think we are any better than 12 months ago. We have already failed to beat some very very mediocre teams and in most games so far we have never looked like scoring. OK the players pulled themselves together upon Roeder''s arrival last year to avoid relegation - just.

However with his persistent team changes which in most cases defy basic logic I already think he has lost the plot and support of several players. He clearly has his favourites and won''t be moved. Pattison and Fotheringham appear to be first on the team sheet although many pollsters don''t rate them for this Division. Week after week we see players instructed to play in unfamiliar positions.At the moment we do not have anything approaching a settled team.

Most worrying is the lack of skill and quality throughout the team. This showed up last week when Drury after a long lay off looked a class above the rest of the team and then is dropped. Hoolhan is a footballer compared with the rest of the midfielders but on most occasions cannot find space to play a bit because the so called ball winners in turn never give him a decent pass - as was the case with Huckerby. I can see no improvement in skill in any position or player since Roeder arrived. In the second half against Sheff Utd a lot of our play revolved around passing the ball back to Marshall and he hoofed it high in the air.

[/quote]

You realise that we were rooted at bottom of the table at the end of September last year? looking favourites for relegation and believing that nobody could save us?

We are now mid table, having kept two clean sheets in a row. Im sorry, but you seem to lack the ability to construct a valid argument. I might even go as far as to call you an idiot.
[/quote]

So he has a different view and perspective about things than you do, doesn''t make him an idiot.

[:D]

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]I totally disagree. We are a far superior team than 12 months ago. IMO you are completely wrong.[/quote]

But we Don''t have a team of our own,

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]I totally disagree. We are a far superior team than 12 months ago. IMO you are completely wrong.[/quote]

You were saying...?

Well its now played 9 games and we have 10 points. 7 goals scored including failure to score against two of the poorer teams in the division. Tonight we lost against a young struggling team. Our comparatively experienced team should have taken Southampton to the cleaners. Once again Roeder''s selections leave much to be desired. Why did not Hoolahan start from the start against such opposition.

Once again I sadly have to say we are no better than last year. My main point I am trying to get across is that the management and coaching staff have achieved no improvement in the quality of either teamwork or individuals. I find it unbelievable that one poster even thinks we are a"far superior team" than last year.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="vos"]

[/quote]

You realise that we were rooted at bottom of the table at the end of September last year? looking favourites for relegation and believing that nobody could save us?

We are now mid table, having kept two clean sheets in a row. Im sorry, but you seem to lack the ability to construct a valid argument. I might even go as far as to call you an idiot.
[/quote]

You realise that we are not mid table... we are 19th place and looking like we are going to be in for yet another long hard season as we near the end of it''s first quarter.

Then again coming from somebody who has names themselves after SuperWesIrishFlump (the guy who doesn''t even know that he is supposed to be playing on the wing as a replacement for the one and only Hucks) whatelse could you expect???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="vos"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You realise that we are not mid table... we are 19th place and looking like we are going to be in for yet another long hard season as we near the end of it''s first quarter.

Then again coming from somebody who has names themselves after SuperWesIrishFlump (the guy who doesn''t even know that he is supposed to be playing on the wing as a replacement for the one and only Hucks) whatelse could you expect???

[/quote]Your right smudge why cant these people find a origonal name like what we did???????[:@][:@]

[quote user="Sludge"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="vos"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Your right smudge why cant these people find a origonal name like what we did???????[:@][:@][/quote]

Now Sludge , you lovely old boy I would suspect you copied Smudger . I might be wrong however , I wonder if anyone else thinks this?....[;)]....arrdee.