Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

SOUTHAMPTON v NORWICH CITY - official match thread

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]A game of chances not taken by us... Sibi hits the post, 2 sitters from Koroma saved by the keeper... once again we create and fail to take chances, when will we learn...[/quote]

Why haven''t we signed players who take chances? Actual proven goalscorers. Been obvious for months and months that we''ve needed them yet we haven''t signed any.

WAY,I am a squaddie that lives in Cyprus listening on the net, I go to England games with a load of Derby lads. I come home 2moro and we are meeting them for the game. I am actually dreading it, they could come and take the mick. Our seasons are just becoming worse and worse and yet still the optomists exist. Its OK I am calming down now!!

I''m actually quite glad I can''t listen to the game tonight by the sound of things, scum 3-0, were 2-0 down with 10 men against a side likely to ge fighting relegation this season, things can''t get much worse, but then again this is Norwich so I take that back!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]WAY,

I am a squaddie that lives in Cyprus listening on the net, I go to England games with a load of Derby lads. I come home 2moro and we are meeting them for the game. I am actually dreading it, they could come and take the mick. Our seasons are just becoming worse and worse and yet still the optomists exist.

Its OK I am calming down now!!
[/quote]

lol good, I know how you feel, my passions have run so high for the past few seasons etc, and my old mum bless her heart used to say, ''''these things are sent to try us'''', and try us NC does.

Safe journey home, and glad you have now calmed down. [:D]

I am a squaddie that lives in Cyprus listening on the net, I go to England games with a load of Derby lads. I come home 2moro and we are meeting them for the game. I am actually dreading it, they could come and take the mick. Our seasons are just becoming worse and worse and yet still the optomists exist.

[/quote]

You have my sympathy,mate.By the way,I was an optimist,but realism is taking over now!

Random thought, but whenever the opposition go down to ten men its always hard work and ''Shows that playing ten men can sometimes be very tricky''But when we go down to ten men we dont have a sniff!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

You have my sympathy,mate.By the way,I was an optimist,but realism is taking over now!

[/quote]

lol it does get you after a while, I used to be megga optimistic, but now a firm realist.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Random thought, but whenever the opposition go down to ten men its always hard work and ''Shows that playing ten men can sometimes be very tricky''

But when we go down to ten men we dont have a sniff!
[/quote]

Very good point.QPR upped their game,but we seem to have folded our tent!

They are even trying back heels now, LOLFor some reason all I can hear in my head is Cullums words "Lets hope we have a good season" in hope that he is listening and at the same breaking point we all are!

Whilst putting the ball in the back of the net is obviously our main concern, i think it would also be wise to let our boys know that they shouldn''t foul opposition players when they are in that box thingy near the man wearing gloves standing between some sticks. Seems to be a bit of an issue this year. Never mind FIFA 09 is out friday, i''ll get us promoted...

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]They are even trying back heels now, LOL

For some reason all I can hear in my head is Cullums words "Lets hope we have a good season" in hope that he is listening and at the same breaking point we all are!
[/quote]

My better half has just text the same to Radio Norfolk, hope they read it out

[quote user="South Yorks Yellow"]

what a load of shiiiit

Sick to death of missed chances game after game.....when will our luck in front of goal change

Cant describe how frustrated I am at the moment......

[/quote]

And ANOTHER miss..We are soooooo poor.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Whilst putting the ball in the back of the net is obviously our main concern, i think it would also be wise to let our boys know that they shouldn''t foul opposition players when they are in that box thingy near the man wearing gloves standing between some sticks. Seems to be a bit of an issue this year. Never mind FIFA 09 is out friday, i''ll get us promoted...[/quote]

LOL! The only thing we might win is the highest number of penalties conceded in a season!

I think more than anything... the players are letting David Marshall down more than us fans... 5 penalties in 9 games and he managed to saved the Barnsley one... our defense need to start taking the responsibility themselves and stop relying on our extremely talented keeper :(

[quote user="South Yorks Yellow"]

what a load of shiiiit

Sick to death of missed chances game after game.....when will our luck in front of goal change

Cant describe how frustrated I am at the moment......

[/quote]

I somehow don''t think you will be alone, although there are a few that will say it''s just a bad night at the office etc....

we were on top right till dejan being a fukcing tit....!!! what a prat...!!!!

we needed something tonight.....!!!

dejan the captain my arse!!!! told u lot that ages back - stupid idea!

Thank god for Marshall would have been a rugby score if not for him. We had four clear cut chances, had we have taken even one of them, I think this game would have been very different.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Thank God its over.

[/quote]

Agreed. We could have played until December and not scored with our "strikeforce"

There is a haunting similiarity to this match for me:I am manager of our Garrison Football team in Episkopi and we played last seasons League winners last night, One of my centre backs was in UK on a course and we had to play a lad out of position there. We unfortunayely lost 2-0 and my experienced centre half was sent off (although he had no choice after being the last man) not after mouthing off. Leaving me with a out of position centre back playing there. I have my only decent striker from the Garrison in the UK also at present and cannot find someone to put the ball in the net after we run games!Unfortunately I do not have the leisure of going around and finding someone to do this, I am lumbered with what I have got. NCFC on the other hand have plenty to choose from. So what is the excuse!!!!!