Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Can we have a separate forum for all the off-topic threads???

Whenever I come on here (about twice a day, despite rarely posting I often read), and I am getting fed-up with all the threads that are simply off-topic.

I put forward ''Arsenal 1, Hull 2'', and the ''Letter to ITV'' threads as my examples.

Now these threads are fine in their nature, they are well written and can be informative....however, when I come on here I want to read about Norwich, how we played, potential signings, takeovers etc etc and at times have to scroll down for ages to find these threads.

It is the same principle as the Huckerby threads that appeared after he left.

Mods, is it possible to remove non-Norwich related threads from the main discussion?

I dont mean to offend anyone and no doubt I will receive some stick for writing this but its just how I feel when I come home from work and want to find out what people are thinking about in relation to Norwich.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

Whenever I come on here (about twice a day, despite rarely posting I often read), and I am getting fed-up with all the threads that are simply off-topic.

I put forward ''Arsenal 1, Hull 2'', and the ''Letter to ITV'' threads as my examples.

Now these threads are fine in their nature, they are well written and can be informative....however, when I come on here I want to read about Norwich, how we played, potential signings, takeovers etc etc and at times have to scroll down for ages to find these threads.

Mods, is it possible to remove non-Norwich related threads from the main discussion?

I dont mean to offend anyone and no doubt I will receive some stick for writing this but its just how I feel when I come home from work and want to find out what people are thinking about in relation to Norwich.

[/quote]

Paul Newman......RIP. Now, what was your thread about?

And , of course, they''ve moved this ''un and left the others.

Oh, how I would hate having tunnel vision.

Dribble, dribble.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

Blainsey, you hardly have to scroll down for ages to find a topic Norwich based, the majority on here are City based anyway.

Ultimately I don''t think you can stop people posting "off topic" stuff on here, the mods will just be having to move them constantly.

I come on here to chat with other City fans and I''m quite happy if that chat sometimes veers off topic. Some of the most interesting threads on here have been ones that have had absolutely nothing to do with NCFC and I don''t see the problem with them being in the main forum.

What you have to realise is that the general populace of this Forum is widely spread in terms of intellect and age. More focused forums would have better "behaved" members who know the rules and tend to stick to them. Other Forums also tend to have Moderators (usually quite a few) who are not paid by the host and are quick to spot any problems.

To be fair though, the "ITV" topic was about the lack of coverage of NCFC on The Championship.

[quote user="Nostradamus"] Other Forums also tend to have Moderators (usually quite a few) who are not paid by the host and are quick to spot any problems. [/quote]

and then you get the shambles you get at the playstation uk forums and the SI games forums.. unless your friends with the mods you''ve got no hope of getting your post on the board.

the pinkuns got it right i think.. the Web team do well on here...

jas :)

Can''t say I know those Forums jas but I am a member of at least 100 or more of mixed interests and I would rate most of them better than this because of the "amatuer" moderating. There''s none that I am a member of that need Moderator approval before posting though.

On a more serious note; it surely cant be that difficult when scrolling through the forum to work out what you want to look at and what you don''t, you are not being forced to discuss the ''arsenal/hull'' thread or whatever else. Yes, there is a seperate forum but it''s not a major problem really now is it!

Lets face it if we relied on just possible take overs, new players coming in and the way we played (Barnsley) there would not be a lot to talk about would there.

ARCHANT WARNING

BEWARE!!!

THIS IS NOT ABOUT NORWICH CITY!!!!!!

Print Search

Enable E-mail Replies

Sort Posts:    

27/09/2008, 7:35 PM

BlyBlyBabes is not online. Last active: 06/09/2008 17:00:03 BlyBlyBabes

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 31/10/2003
Posts 3,558

Arsenal 1 Hull 2 - Wowww!!!

Reply Quote

Just watched it.

See what we''re missing.

Great, great stuff Hull.

OTBC

Ken Nethercott/Sandy Kennon; Bryan Thurlow, Ron Ashman; Roy McCrohan, Barry Butler, Matt Crowe; Errol Crossan, Terry Allcock, Terry Bly, Jimmy Hill, Bobby Brennan

It''s a rum old world.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]Your post is way more annoying than any OT post I''ve ever read.

Blainsey wrote:

What sort of a namby pamby name is "BLAINSEY" anyways? Maybe you should take the Ginger Pele approach and leave.  He promised to comeback when he had a spine implant and reconstructive surgery on his weak knees. [:P]

i wrote an off topic once and it was removed to another forum before i`d even posted it,  the mods on here are well and truly on the ball

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]100%.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Blainsey wrote:

What sort of a namby pamby name is "BLAINSEY" anyways? Maybe you should take the Ginger Pele approach and leave.  He promised to comeback when he had a spine implant and reconstructive surgery on his weak knees. [:P]

[/quote]

Thats not very nice :(

Its part of my surname and an old nickname from uni. No need for these sorts of comments, especially as I made no reference to ignorant Americans posting on here.

[quote user="Blainsey"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Blainsey wrote:

[/quote]

Its part of my surname and an old nickname from uni. No need for these sorts of comments, especially as I made no reference to ignorant Americans posting on here.

[/quote]

Oh uni, eh? uni.

That explains it.

I expect that the compliant moderator also went to uni.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Blainsey"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Blainsey wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh uni, eh? uni.

That explains it.

OTBC

[/quote]

Explains what? That people who went to university are more likely to want a separate forum for OT threads? [*-)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Blainsey"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Blainsey wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh uni, eh? uni.

That explains it.

OTBC

[/quote]

Yep BBB, damn these types with their fancy university book learning eh...[8-)]

How unreasonable of him to object to the sadly all too frequent unnecessarily aggressive and offensive tone of our friend from over the pond

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Blainsey"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Blainsey wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh uni, eh? uni.

That explains it.

OTBC

[/quote]

Explains what? That people who went to university are more likely to want a separate forum for OT threads? [*-)]

[/quote]

I didn''t say anything about university.[:)]

My theory is that his/her having gone to uni explains why he/she could not understand how my original post was not connected to Norwich City. I then further speculated that maybe the decision of the compliant moderator might have had a uni-type connection too.

Of course, I could be wrong and it may be a simple case of genetics after all.

But I suspect that I''m right.

OTBC

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

If I wore glasses I think I''d get my prescription checked. [*-)]

[/quote]

Look again macd.

I said uni, not university.

OTBC

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Look again macd.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Look again macd.

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m not even going to ask, lol! [:D]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Look again macd.

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m not even going to ask, lol! [:D]

[/quote]

A wise decision macd, but rather of the ''sitting on the fence'' variety one would have to say.[:)]

OTBC