Sign in to follow this  
super canary

koroma?

did portsmouth put pressure on us to play him so they could have a look...seeing as southampton is just down the road? just something i heard on canary call,probably nothing. sounds like he did alright though.

[quote user="super canary"]

did portsmouth put pressure on us to play him so they could have a look...seeing as southampton is just down the road? just something i heard on canary call,probably nothing. sounds like he did alright though.

[/quote]

I suspect that there may be some truth in it,but it sounded like he was causing lots of problems before Dejan''s rush of blood!

yeah,sounds like he had a few chances,but,same old story,couldnt put them away. it does seem a little odd that roeder chose last night to give him his debut. maybe harry gave him a call?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="super canary"]

[/quote]

I suspect that there may be some truth in it,but it sounded like he was causing lots of problems before Dejan''s rush of blood!

[/quote]

He did well, lots of pace and some tricks. Someone near to us commented that Koroma himself didn''t know what he would do next. He does look raw but IMO a very good prospect. He needs to score to settle his nerves and increase his confidence and he would have scored twice last night but for two remarkable saves. He should have scored at Coventry, similar situation with just the goalkeeper to beat. Far from the finished article (not surprising given his age) and at the time he was taken off he was actually looking more likely to score than at any other time during the match ! I like his enthusiasm and energy and he will get better and more valuable with every game he plays. Clapped the Norwich supporters as he went off, nice to see.

There is no way Harry called and put pressure on GR to play Koroma, this is not how football work or how the loan market works.  If GR want to play him he will if he dosent he wont, if this upsets Harry OJ will be recalled to Pompey.  Get real anyone whi actually thinks we would be forced to play him.  The truth is none of the other strikers are in form so it was time a fast and powerful guy got a chance.

[quote user="NCFC198"]

There is no way Harry called and put pressure on GR to play Koroma, this is not how football work or how the loan market works.  If GR want to play him he will if he dosent he wont, if this upsets Harry OJ will be recalled to Pompey.  Get real anyone whi actually thinks we would be forced to play him.  The truth is none of the other strikers are in form so it was time a fast and powerful guy got a chance.

[/quote] i think its a little naive to think that nothing like this happens in football. im sure there is alot that goes on we dont know about. like i said,it probably isnt true but its just something i heard suggested. why,against basically a youth side,did he not go for cureton or lupoli?

Naïve, ha ha..  like you said it was just a suggestion from some local yokel on canary call trying to have a moan.  He played OJ for the reasons previously suggest.  Plus GR obviously had it mind that he would play five in midfield and OJ would drop back onto the left, can JC play on the wing, no because he has no pace and Loops is no winger wither.  Also he JR cant hit a barn door at the mo so you can see why he was left out.  Things do go on it football but not this time im sure of it, sorry.

Funny he had not even got off the bench lately then he makes a start at Southampton and with Lupoli just about our only goalscorer this season fit as well , if i had to bet on it i would say Roeder had his orders .

Lets be fair to the guy he had two chances and sounds like two good saves, remember hes young and was playing on the left wing most of the time.  He may not be CCC standard but if he isnt neither are a few others. Pompey are a big club now and they have scouts all over the world, hence they aquire African players like OJ, so it would be stupid to suggest that the he only played to their scouts could see him.  I wouldnt be suprised if Loops still has a niggle from the last home game or something like that.  Or is could just have been tactical as GR wanted tp match Southampton and play 5 in the middle.

I went to my first game of the season last night as I live in Southampton and I was surprised to see him in the starting line and wondered if this could have had something to do with ''arry down the road.BUTI thought he was fantasic last night, the boy has got so much raw pace abot his game.  He mainly played coming in from the left wing and gave the Saints right back and awful time all night.  Had a couple of great opportunities to score and would have had it but been for great saves by Davies in goal for Saints.Whatever the reason he played, he did a great job unlike Fozzy I might add.

Sorry to be so positive but I thought he looked really good. Fast, skilful, strong for his age and he was unlucky to come up against a keeper on top form. Hope he gets a start on Saturday.

[quote user="Kathy"]Sorry to be so positive but I thought he looked really good. Fast, skilful, strong for his age and he was unlucky to come up against a keeper on top form. Hope he gets a start on Saturday.[/quote]

They said on radio Norfolk last night he was playing ok.

Thought O J was very good for an 18 year old making his first start in League Football. He has real power and pace . The first Davis save was from a move where he had out muscled two Saints defenders to create the chance out of nothing. In the first half he took on and beat for pace two Saints players on the wing- his crossing was reasonable as well . In between there were quite a few clumsy moments as well but I was impressed by the threat he offered. The Akinbiyi comparison is quite good on a first viewng but he has at least 10 years to develop and grow, sadly not with Norwich! 

[quote user="NCFC198"]

[/quote]God you are naive if you dont think this happens in football.

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]I went to my first game of the season last night as I live in Southampton and I was surprised to see him in the starting line and wondered if this could have had something to do with ''arry down the road.

BUT

I thought he was fantasic last night, the boy has got so much raw pace abot his game.  He mainly played coming in from the left wing and gave the Saints right back and awful time all night.  Had a couple of great opportunities to score and would have had it but been for great saves by Davies in goal for Saints.

Whatever the reason he played, he did a great job unlike Fozzy I might add.
[/quote]

Living in Fareham and being a shift worker, it was my first game of the season too.

I wouldn''t say he was fantastic, I thought he did OK but definitely should have scored one of his two chances, nice boots though !!

Seriously, it is worth remembering that the majority of Southampton''s team are not much more than their academy boys (as in fairness is Korona) - that is why I fear for us a bit this season.

Mark .Y.