Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bump

Luke Chadwick joins MK Dons on loan

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But if Luke Chadwick, Simon Lappin, Chris Martin and any others mentioned on this thread are good enough to be playing in the Champs at the moment why aren''t they?

[/quote]

Agree with Nutty, none of these players are good enough for us to achieve anything in this division!. Luke Chadwick is not as good as Croft/Bell/Pattinson on the right and certainly not strong enough to play in the centre of midfield, Lappin is just an average Scottish Prem player no better and way down the list on the quality we have on the left hand side, and as regards Martin your having a laugh ain''t you?-maybe one day but hes still our player and has to get his act together!.

What is it with people criticising Pattinson, he is one of our best performers this season?!

Another point to make is that it would appear Chadwick going out on loan has financed the incoming loan of Lita. Now a proven goalscorer in exchange for a player behind four others in the pecking order for a midfield place looks a no brainer to me.

But if Luke Chadwick, Simon Lappin, Chris Martin and any others mentioned on this thread are good enough to be playing in the Champs at the moment why aren''t they?

[/quote]

That''s a very good question Nutty. The trouble is why leave it there? Why is Huckerby not in the ccc. Surely he''s good enough. He had premiership offers. I can''t believe for one second that a hux on very little money and with the hunger to play the game would be a liability even if he was on the bench and only featured every other game. I could extend it to shackell who was horribly out of favour here and now finds himself at the league leaders or even semmy who gets dropped every game despite him being a very competent player at this level.

All the players we have both listed are good enough to play at this level. Now this has to lead me to why aren''t they playing at this level now. I think motivation is a big key in this. There was no motivation for Martin or Chadders or Semmy to improve when it didn''t matter because they''ll never get picked. Glenn made it clear that Lappin would never play again at club despite him being (in my honest opinion) the only player who could hold his head high at the start of last season. The players we have on the pitch couldn''t create a goal to save their lives and I''m saying that''s the big weakness we have. By all means get rid of fozzy, croft perhaps because we need to create chances. Chadwick, Lappin, Huckerby, Semmy can do this. And we need that right now. They might not be good enough for the whole season, maybe not even good enough for a handful of games but you need these players to come bursting back into the team and grab a goal grab an assist score from a corner because that''s what we need and tbh Glenn has systimatically put these players down, time and time again.

Just to add, it does seem very likely that Chadwick going out and paid for Lita to come in. It says a lot about how tight we are that we have to trade players just to bring them in. I personally think Glenn''s hands are being tied really tight here and I bet he went to the board this morning asking for Lita to be loaned in to be told he had to ship at least one player out. It does make me feel sad.

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Agree with Nutty, none of these players are good enough for us to achieve anything in this division!. Luke Chadwick is not as good as Croft/Bell/Pattinson on the right and certainly not strong enough to play in the centre of midfield, Lappin is just an average Scottish Prem player no better and way down the list on the quality we have on the left hand side, and as regards Martin your having a laugh ain''t you?-maybe one day but hes still our player and has to get his act together!.

What is it with people criticising Pattinson, he is one of our best performers this season?!

[/quote]

is that an indicator of how far we have fallen though? Has pattison improved or has the quality of the side detiorated to the level that he now appears to be on of the best of a bad bunch.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I agree with this!

Stick Fattison who cant cross out there? the squad is small as it is..

[/quote]

Well done on supporting your team Jas [:S]

Sorry mate but I can''t agree that those players are good enough to be playing in the Championship because if they were they would be. Huckerby''s an exception and he said that he would not play for anyone else in the Championship so he gave you the answer himself. Chris Martin has gone to Luton. If he was Championship standard surely someone else would have come in? I can''t believe that Chris Martin would have chosen Luton over anyone. There''s still time for Martin to come good and I really hope he does but I heard all the same things about Worthy and Danny Crowe. Where is he now? Simon Lappin would surely be gone if another Championship club were remotely interested and Luke Chadwick has dropped to League One. Chadwick''s unfortunate in that his injuries have seen him drop out of the picture but it''s not the loans keeping him out of the team he is way behind permanent players in the pecking order and moving him to bring in Lita makes sense.

The standard of the Championship has gone up at an amazing rate in the last few seasons. Look at the Sheffield Utd side that was here last month. The quality of their bench was staggering. But all those quality players are no guarantee of success in this league. The side we had at this time last season would have 0 points now, that''s how poor we actually were. And the performance last night was a million miles from where we were at Wolves last year. The loan signing of Leroy Lita is a million miles from last years equivalent from WBA. Yes we have to trade players in order to bring others in, but how else are we to do it? Our squad costs more than our income.

Sorry mate but I can''t agree that those players are good enough to be playing in the Championship because if they were they would be. Huckerby''s an exception and he said that he would not play for anyone else in the Championship so he gave you the answer himself. Chris Martin has gone to Luton. If he was Championship standard surely someone else would have come in? I can''t believe that Chris Martin would have chosen Luton over anyone. There''s still time for Martin to come good and I really hope he does but I heard all the same things about Worthy and Danny Crowe. Where is he now? Simon Lappin would surely be gone if another Championship club were remotely interested and Luke Chadwick has dropped to League One. Chadwick''s unfortunate in that his injuries have seen him drop out of the picture but it''s not the loans keeping him out of the team he is way behind permanent players in the pecking order and moving him to bring in Lita makes sense.

The standard of the Championship has gone up at an amazing rate in the last few seasons. Look at the Sheffield Utd side that was here last month. The quality of their bench was staggering. But all those quality players are no guarantee of success in this league. The side we had at this time last season would have 0 points now, that''s how poor we actually were. And the performance last night was a million miles from where we were at Wolves last year. The loan signing of Leroy Lita is a million miles from last years equivalent from WBA. Yes we have to trade players in order to bring others in, but how else are we to do it? Our squad costs more than our income.

[/quote]

It didn''t look that clever last night NN..............

Mark .Y.

So it may not have done but the overall standard has risen at an amazing rate. It''s the knock on effect from the Premiership. It''s easy to score cheap points like that but what we think we see isn''t always the real deal. Apparently 2 weeks ago Plymouth were the worst team in the league and dead certs to finish bottom. That was more cheap point scoring. The truth is very different and it''s not impossible that a team who has had parachute payments in recent seasons could be relegated. In fact it''s possible that one that currently has parachute payments could be relegated.

[quote user="nutty nigel"] [/quote]It''s not that the players are good enough Nutty. They aren''t in all honesty, if they played every game of the season we would find ourselves in trouble, but they are role players. Players that you need around just incase things happen. Now the reason I brought both Hux and Lappin into this particularly (and why I''m taking a keen interest in this thread). Is because I was firm believer that we needed more than just Hoolahan for the wide left role. Now I don''t expect Lappin or Hux to have started the majority of the games there but they are invaluable squad players. They have experience at playing at this level and they can perform. Invariably when you make subsitutions it''s either because there is an injury or the current tactics aren''t working. Even if Lapin/Hux/Chadders don''t win you the game it is another option and signal that if you don''t play well, I''ll take you off and try another way. At the moment there is none of this. We have a bench either filled with loanees with little or no experience who can''t be relied upon to try and win games, or we have has-been out of form charachters who just can''t cut it. Sticking lappin or chadwick on the bench sure as hell would have ruffled feathers and got some players (who need a kick up the ****) sitting up. Nobody could convince me that we have a better set-piece taker at the club than Lappin, so why not maybe in the dying minutes bring him on and see if we can get some free-kicks and easy goals. Or why not have chadwick come on and make some runs and crosses. Yeah they aren''t as good as some of the starters but it''s different tactics from a very rigid set up we have at the moment. To be honest like I said with Lappin I can''t for one minute believe that it''s all down to ability, sometimes your face doesn''t fit. Because I''m telling you now, I''m sick and ****ing tired of watching every single one of fozzy''s corners go straight into the keepers hands or not beat the first defender. It is pitiful.I definitely agree that the standard of this league has improved. I couldn''t believe the side Brum put out against us and the team that the Wolvies have built (or even Reading for that matter). But it does seem more and more a tale of the haves and the have nots and that is worrying because considering our revenue is so high compared to our competitors we are really struggling to field challenging teams. It upsets me greatly that in the first 4 years of going to norwich games I barely saw us lose a game at home and in the past season I probably saw us lose more at hom than in my first 7/8 years of going. But that''s another tale for another time.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

is that an indicator of how far we have fallen though? Has pattison improved or has the quality of the side detiorated to the level that he now appears to be on of the best of a bad bunch.

[/quote]

Pattinson has improved without doubt,yes we have fallen over the last few seasons but that is not solely this guys fault!. you cannot criticise what he has done on the pitch this season other than his shooting!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pattinson has improved without doubt,yes we have fallen over the last few seasons but that is not solely this guys fault!. you cannot criticise what he has done on the pitch this season other than his shooting!

I am amazed at the high opinions some have of Chadwick after about only 10 or 15 games in 2 seasons. Impressively developed memories....

If Chadwick was better than what we have then he wouldn''t be on loan at League One. Neither would Chris Martin be in League Two. Why can''t people accept that the standard in the Championship is higher than ever before. The bar is continually being raised and what Roeder has tried to do this summer is give us a squad good enough to compete at this level. Some of them are loan players but that''s better than spending money on players of yesterdays standard. If we would be better off loaning Fotheringham to League One why was there other Championship clubs after his signature in the close season. If Chris Martin, Simon Lappin, Luke Chadwick and others are good enough why do they have to drop a level or two to get a game?

We weren''t that bad last night but near misses may as well be a mile off as far as results and points are concerned. But 12 months ago I went to Wolves and we lost 2-0, didn''t have a single shot, and looked certainties for relegation. If we still had that team we would have no hope this season. It''s cost us more than we can afford to even improve this much. Without the players who are continually slated on this board we would be bottom of the Championship this season, of that I am certain.

[/quote]

Agreed, Chadwick doesn''t quite look the same player of a few years ago.

As for Chris Martin, he''s managed 2 goals at Luton, I''m sure if he''d banged 6-8 goals in he would have drawn attention to himself and Roeder may have had to recall him back. It must also be noted that Peter Thorne is leading the goalscoring charts in that league, an illustration if ever it was needed of the difference in class between the championship and lower leagues.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Chadwick is rubbish. Agree with the initial poster, and really disagree with the next two prats.[/quote]I take it you know" the next two prats "to be able to call them that,if not you should show more repect

[quote user="jjjohnny"][quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Chadwick is rubbish. Agree with the initial poster, and really disagree with the next two prats.[/quote]I take it you know" the next two prats "to be able to call them that,if not you should show more repect[/quote]or even respect

[quote user="jjjohnny"]and while i am at it simon lappin would struggle to get a game at sheringham[/quote]as for chadwick

man utd

stoke

norwich

milton keynes

next stop cromer

Lets be honest our squad isn''t nowhere near good enough to do anything but scrape by in this league,get real smell the roses and buckle down to 10 years of relegation battles

[quote user="gremlin griggs"]another strange decision from a club going nowhere when fit chadwicks a much better player than crofty hopefully will come back in january and prove a point[/quote]

Chadwick is a different type of player to Croft, it''s a bit of a false comparison.

Both good players, just a shame you can''t rely on Chadwick to be fit for any length of time.

[quote user="king canary"]I am amazed at the high opinions some have of Chadwick after about only 10 or 15 games in 2 seasons. Impressively developed memories....[/quote]

The short memory is yours mate. Before Chadwick was injured last season he was without doubt ahead of Croft in the pecking order. I can only hope Glenn is doing this to get him match fit again.

And it''s P-A-T-T-I-S-O-N, not PattiNson, or Patterson.

He used to be sh*te, but now he''s alright!