Sign in to follow this  
iluveadie

Rumours and other such rubbish

Just thinking aloud really.

If anyone actually had a good source, would they really post ''rumours'' on here? If they had a really good source and some CORRECT info would they really reveal it and risk betraying someone''s confidence? It''s just that most of the rumours on here usually prove to be a load of rubbish and this seems to cement this - their ''source'' is clearly rubbish or made up. There are probably some genuine people on here who have very reliable sources and could probably reveal lots on here of great interest, but they don''t, as they don''t wish to betray the trust of the ''source''/friend.

So basically, pretty much any rumour I read on here I dismiss immediately.

Got your head screwed on like some of us on here. I have a very close family friend link who is a relation to Neil Doncaster, what rare bits of news I get told, more often than not about the behind the scenes goings on at the club rather than what is told to the press, is kept to myself and myself alone.

People who claim to know contacts and plaster them on here and indeed more often than not lying or just exaggerating a tiny snippet of news they heard. One or two may be legit... but I agree when you say its just too hard to believe most of the time...

I am in the same position as you - although it''s not Neil Doncaster, but just as well placed. I have therefore also heard the odd thing that I know to be 100% true but wouldn''t dream of risking my reputation or their reputation by blabbing it about on here! It just goes to show that the vast majority of stuff on here is total rubbish. Quite funny, really.

Yeah exactly, if ive heard or seen something on a website then il usually say it on here but not claim it as my own info or anything, but anything with an actual source, il keep to myself really. Like ive got a friend whose parents know Delia and Michael quite well, but I would''nt pass everything along that id heard on the grapevine.

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]Yeah exactly, if ive heard or seen something on a website then il usually say it on here but not claim it as my own info [/quote]

I think that''s where most of these ''sources'' come from.  People see something on a website (or hear it in their school playground), and rather say "I read that...", they think it will have more credibility if they say "I have a contact who told me..."