Sign in to follow this  
greenheart

we have great team at last

not many of us are moaning... surprisingly :) Most of us can see a bright future is now possible, things are beginning to at last take a rounded shape

I have always had a good feeling about this season. However, we have only won at a Plymouth side who are almost certain to be bottom 5 come the ned of the season. 4 points from the 2 home games this week and then I think we can all start looking at the Top 8 rather than the bottom 8!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]I have always had a good feeling about this season. However, we have only won at a Plymouth side who are almost certain to be bottom 5 come the ned of the season. 4 points from the 2 home games this week and then I think we can all start looking at the Top 8 rather than the bottom 8![/quote]

Well said, as pleased as I am with the result and performance today I think it''s important we keep two feet firmly on the ground, Plymouth are a side that will strugle this season and don''t forget they only had 10 men for most of the game, so I would have expected us to beat them today.We have got a couple of tricky games coming up over the next few weeks, so I think it''s fair to say that after the next 4/5 games we will all have a much better idea of exactly how good the Norwich squad is. It''s still far too early right now but it looks like there might be potential.

I agree that we cant get carried away with this win because we had the opportunity to have a score line of at least 5-0 today, ...great possession and fluid movement of the ball, particularly down the left hand side, no-one''s able quite able to support Lupoli properly yet when he gets away... fluffed chances in front of goal (Pattison, Croft), woodwork hit (Pattison, Russell), disallowed goal (Lupoli), Penalty turned down which looked a good shout from the other end but haven''t heard anything more about that one. We dominated completely and dropped off the pace and work rate in the last 5 minutes and got caught. Oh how bad that would have been if they had salvaged a draw.

Having said all that, thoroughly enjoyed the trip and really optimistic for the next week''s games at home.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]I think we can all start looking at the Top 8 rather than the bottom 8![/quote]A bold statement considering your user name.

Whoa! lets not carried away here.

One swallow and all that.

Yes, it was great to win our first game of the campaign, especially at Plymouth, but, it was against the bottom team in the league and 10 men, and yet they still managed to score against us. 

We should get a better idea of the team performances after the QPR and Sheffield Utd games.[:|]

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]The fact that people are so excited about having beaten Plymouth just goes to show how low some fans expectations have sunk.[/quote]

An element of truth in your opinion.....I hope our loans can be extended after January....and Wigan don''t want Sibi back if he''s showing form and they''re struggling.

I still think loans are not the solution, just cover and a stop-gap.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Whoa! lets not carried away here.

One swallow and all that.

Yes, it was great to win our first game of the campaign, especially at Plymouth, but, it was against the bottom team in the league and 10 men, and yet they still managed to score against us. 

We should get a better idea of the team performances after the QPR and Sheffield Utd games.[:|]

[/quote]Holy moly, I do believe I completely agree with 1st Wizard!Hopefully we''ll play like we did against Birmingham, Wiz.

The team played well, hit the bar thee times, a good penalty shout turned down (plymouth fans opinion not mine), a disallowed goal (can you be offside when the ball comes back off the bar?), the team played well.

yes we should have have been streets ahead by half time but the improvement from last years game - I believe!!

[quote user="gedarfmyland"]

The team played well, hit the bar thee times, a good penalty shout turned down (plymouth fans opinion not mine), a disallowed goal (can you be offside when the ball comes back off the bar?), the team played well.

yes we should have have been streets ahead by half time but the improvement from last years game - I believe!!

[/quote]

On one of the Plymouth boards, an Argyle supporter gave their Man of the Match award to:

The Crossbar.

I think we''re playing some of the finest football we''ve played since I can remember , genuine quality in all areas and performance wise we''ve dominated pretty much everyone we''ve played. I think we are genuine playoff contenders this season, I really do.

Good result on saturday, lets not forget we havent got a great team at all considering 5 of the 11 werent even ours. Someone else has some good players who they have leant us more like. Still lets get behind the team until January, hopefully city full a rabbit out of the hat and can somehow make some of these players permanent.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]not many of us are moaning... surprisingly :) Most of us can see a bright future is now possible, things are beginning to at last take a rounded shape[/quote]

I don''t mean to put a dampner on a great result and performance but the concern is that this team won''t exist in 3-6 months time because its all loans. They will go back to their clubs don''t forget, and since we currently don''t have any money the chances of us buying these players permenantly is slim. Once they''ve gone back things will take a step backwards. Then what do we do?

Until Cullum or whoever comes forward all we have is a team with no longevity. A short term fix. The pressures on the squad to get as many wins in as possible because I don''t fancy our chances in the second half of the season when most of the players have gone.