Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

7 Loan players!!!

Norwich: Marshall, Kennedy, Stefanovic, Sibierski,

Hoolahan (Grounds 79), Fotheringham (C), Lupoli (Cureton 53), Russell

(Croft 89), Bertrand, Omosuzi, Pattison. Subs not used: Koroma, Nelson.

Plymouth: Stack, Duguid (C), Walton (Mpenza 70),

Timar, Clark, Puncheon (Kouo-Doumbe 34) , Folly, Easter (Fallon 65),

Gallagher, Barker, Seip. Subs not used: Paterson, Marin.

Forgive me for appearing stupid but I make that 7 loanees named in the 16 with 6 actually playing a part. I thought I''d better check the regulations in case there was some distinction between season-long and emergency loans but it seems pretty clear...

"47.3 There shall be two categories of temporary loan transfers allowed - Short Term Loans andLong Term Loans. The following restrictions shall apply to both types of loan:47.3.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (either Short Term or Long Term) can be named in thesixteen Players listed on a team sheet for any individual Match. This figure shallinclude any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by the Executive under theprovisions of Regulation 49." - taken from http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/78/3/0,,10794~888,00.pdf

I am not sure how up-to-date these rules are or if they have been changed but it seems a bit worrying doesn''t it?

Lupoli and Kennedy do not count as loans. As stated in the post above they are from foreign clubs and the league does not recognise loans from foreign clubs. As I understand it they are signed on short term contracts from their clubs and registered as our player for the duration of those contracts.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Lupoli and Kennedy do not count as loans. As stated in the post above they are from foreign clubs and the league does not recognise loans from foreign clubs. As I understand it they are signed on short term contracts from their clubs and registered as our player for the duration of those contracts.[/quote]

So you could actually have your full team made up of ''loans'' 5 from English clubs and 6 from foreign clubs?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Lupoli and Kennedy do not count as loans. As stated in the post above they are from foreign clubs and the league does not recognise loans from foreign clubs. As I understand it they are signed on short term contracts from their clubs and registered as our player for the duration of those contracts.[/quote]

So you could actually have your full team made up of ''loans'' 5 from English clubs and 6 from foreign clubs?

[/quote]

I guess so yes! I suspect they would move to stop it but at the moment it does seem to be something of a loophole!

Cleverer than the rest then, eh?

Well done Roger Munby and NCFC.

Keeping a promise?

One love.

OTBC

[:''(]Cue the usual suspects - " its a well-known loophole"!!!