Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Rusty plays ten days after hernia op!

Fair play to the lad, didn''t have the best of games yesterday but when you consider ten days earlier he was under the knife it must have been some effort to fight through the pain and get fit enough to play, i''ve had a few operations in my time and know just some of the drugs they give you can have funny effects.

I had a hernia (single, not double like rusty) and I couldn''t do more than walk for 6 weeks.   10 days is seriously impressive.

yeah well done to him, that''s dedication. it would of been easy for him to turn round and refuse to play on it.

Great effort from the fella, slightly off topic but every new season I see Rusty he looks much fitter and leaner than the previous season, I can recall him being abit of a skinny runt when he was first at City in the early part of his career but now he looks in fantastic shape, must work very hard on and off the training ground.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]slightly off topic it also undelines the remarkable advancement in medicine, the ability to operate on an athlete and have them back to almost full fitness in 10 days is truly remarkable.[/quote]

Yeah, but try getting such treatment on the friggin'' NHS!

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]slightly off topic it also undelines the remarkable advancement in medicine, the ability to operate on an athlete and have them back to almost full fitness in 10 days is truly remarkable.[/quote]

Yeah, but try getting such treatment on the friggin'' NHS![/quote]If he did have it on the NHS they would have messed it up like they did with mine. Had to go back in to have another operation after I had the Hernia removed. It took me ages to walk, 7rew''s not far off with 6 weeks.

The NHS is sh*t!I have had a right two and eight last Thursday trying to sort out an appointment for my mother. In the good old days; one visited one’s doctor and they arranged for the appointment from the hospital to come through - It was f*cking simple.These days they give the patient (though laughingly referred to as a ‘customer’) a letter with instructions, password etc., to phone Gupta in India. Poor Gupta struggles with a Scottish accent so my mother was well and truly stuffed. Mum struggles with Gupta’s accent. Result? My mother gets all distressed and sends up the flares for me to come to the rescue. It’s now sorted.The problem is economics. The NHS in the UK stands for the National Health Service – it’s a service of care (or at least its whole ethos was built on ‘care’). Unfortunately, however, some bunch of w*nkers decided that Hospitals and the NHS in general should be ran as a business with a profit and loss account customers and so on and so forth. Consequently, every decision is made from an economic perspective and not from the ‘what’s best for our patients?’ Hence Gupta and friends are introduced to the mix – peeps get p*ssed off and, I’m sure, many simply give up due to frustration.We have elderly people dying in wards due to malnutrition, men and women with cancers having to wait a f*cking age just to get a biopsy and contracted out cleaning services in hospitals that need a f*cking good kick up the backside. Nurses are compromised in their duty by having to spread themselves so thinly and ‘count the pennies’ – they took up the profession because they ‘care’ and are compassionate people; not because they give a flying f*ck about what the costs are! and why should they?Personally, I’d scrap the whole lot and start again with hiring cleaners accountable to a mean tough as old nails Matron, give GP’s back the power that’s been so stupidly eroded away from them, and pump a few more billion (could have been our share of the HCL Collider) into ensuring urgent cases are seen to PDQ.For f*cks sake! It’s not rocket science!

And while I''m here I''d like to have a rant about people that Smell of Stale P*ss and General Body Odour:Do some people not know what soap and water is I wonder. Do some people imagine I want to stand behind or next to them and almost gag on their body odours?I kid you not, whilst queuing for my paper this morning I had the unfortunate pleasure of being behind a crusty old codger of about 75ish. I swear the noxious waft of ammonia emanating from his undercrackens was enough to knock a fly off sh*t at fifty paces. I swear I could taste the fermenting cheese around his knob. I tried not to breath – failed. I tried hanging back a bit and let him shuffle up away from me but the stench was just as bad. I noticed the seat of his pants was both shiny and multicoloured as if he hadn’t had his trousers dry cleaned or washed for at least a decade.The whole event traumatised me for a good half hour or so afterwards.

Shyster, I''m sure you have some valid points but was it really necessary to go into such detail on this thread, which, if any thread should ever really focus on the subject, then this would certainly be the one.

Well done Daryl Russell. It says a lot about this young man to be back in a competitive game ( when he''s really needed ) ten days after undergoing a double hernia operation. In today''s world where so many players simply do not understand the well paid privilege they enjoy through their talent, Rusty stands out as a shining example of the opposite end of the spectrum.

Thankyou Yankee. I came on this thread to post my appreciation of Rusty - he''s gone up several notches in my estimation on hearing about this. He''s really prepared to put himself on the line for the team. Not all players would do this but to be fair to Roeder he has said this is the type of player he wants in his team and i think most of our team would do as Rusty did and now we''re reaping the benefit.

P.s. Note to shyster, at the risk of going off topic again - that''s exactly what happens in most places i think - GP gets hospital to send appointment.

[quote user="shyster"]The NHS is sh*t!I have had a right two and eight last Thursday trying to sort out an appointment for my mother. In the good old days; one visited one’s doctor and they arranged for the appointment from the hospital to come through - It was f*cking simple.These days they give the patient (though laughingly referred to as a ‘customer’) a letter with instructions, password etc., to phone Gupta in India. Poor Gupta struggles with a Scottish accent so my mother was well and truly stuffed. Mum struggles with Gupta’s accent. Result? My mother gets all distressed and sends up the flares for me to come to the rescue. It’s now sorted.The problem is economics. The NHS in the UK stands for the National Health Service – it’s a service of care (or at least its whole ethos was built on ‘care’). Unfortunately, however, some bunch of w*nkers decided that Hospitals and the NHS in general should be ran as a business with a profit and loss account customers and so on and so forth. Consequently, every decision is made from an economic perspective and not from the ‘what’s best for our patients?’ Hence Gupta and friends are introduced to the mix – peeps get p*ssed off and, I’m sure, many simply give up due to frustration.We have elderly people dying in wards due to malnutrition, men and women with cancers having to wait a f*cking age just to get a biopsy and contracted out cleaning services in hospitals that need a f*cking good kick up the backside. Nurses are compromised in their duty by having to spread themselves so thinly and ‘count the pennies’ – they took up the profession because they ‘care’ and are compassionate people; not because they give a flying f*ck about what the costs are! and why should they?Personally, I’d scrap the whole lot and start again with hiring cleaners accountable to a mean tough as old nails Matron, give GP’s back the power that’s been so stupidly eroded away from them, and pump a few more billion (could have been our share of the HCL Collider) into ensuring urgent cases are seen to PDQ.For f*cks sake! It’s not rocket science![/quote]spot on - imo the NHS is all about jobs for the boys and empire building, while patients can go to hell...the money needs to be put into the frontline care, not backroom office and IT wheezes that cost fudging billions and fail to deliver,,,sounds great in theory - but end up failing the punters who need the help.,.

Guys, please, i''m sure there''s a political message board out there somewhere. I think most people come on here to get away from politics, Labour, and credit crunches!

I''d like to add that my post wasn''t a dig at the NHS it was merely amazement as Rusty''s successful return from surgery so quickly. Congrats!

Its cos "Rusty is ard innit!"

Fair play to the man.. just goes to show what looking after your body can do....

As for the NHs.. both my parents spent a combined 43 years working for them.. it went slightly downhill towards the end but the vast majority of hospital staff, believe it or not, are on the patients side. want someone to blame??? Mrs Thatcher and her Tory rabble got the ball rolling on this in the 80''s....

the only gripe i have is that the NHS doesnt fund the air ambulances.. A shocking state of affairs!

jas :)