Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Update please my friends.

I''ve not been to well lately and missed the banter of the forum. Seems Roeder has got a nice team together but the loan thing worries me still. If we do well this season i think we''ll lose the loans,ie, the Lupoli''s,Kennedys,Siberskis and have to start from scratch but well done lads, keep it up.

Any other news would be good folks.

Regards

Arthur[:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

I''ve not been to well lately and missed the banter of the forum. Seems Roeder has got a nice team together but the loan thing worries me still. If we do well this season i think we''ll lose the loans,ie, the Lupoli''s,Kennedys,Siberskis and have to start from scratch but well done lads, keep it up.

Regards

[/quote]

Welcome back Arthur,and I hope you''re feeling better. We are playing good stuff at the moment .We were superb,particularly in the first half, against Brum,and, according to those who went,we totally dominated a poor Plymouth side yesterday.Sibierski and Lupoli seem to hit it off straight away yesterday,and Kennedy and Sefanovic also look good,although Clingan''s loss is a blow. I assume that you are up to date with off field stuff,ie the Turners leaving and Delia looking for new investment.We are still waiting to see if Cullum re-enters the frame,although there is an interesting thread elsewhere on the board about City shares.

Regards

[/quote]

the best thing about Roeder for me is that we are playing football the Norwich way, focussing on a decent passing game...the most obvious thing for me is that the entire back 4 look comfortable in possession no hoofball to be seen. Yes the loans are an issue long term, however Roeder has worked the loan market successfully for 2 seasons no reason to think he can''t do it again, it''s a case of needs must and al the loans to date seems committed to the cause more so than some of the permanent signings we had under Grant.

Hi Arthur,

Sorry to hear you''ve not been well! As the others have said we really have been playing some very nice football (Brum game was the best I''ve seen us play for a long while) and Sibierski looks like the man who might be able to translate that into some goals. Not being able to keep a clean sheet is a bit of a concern but it is a relatively new pairing and between them they have helped enormously in getting rid of the hoofball game that we seem to have been stuck with for so long now. Stefanovic, particularly seems very good at instigating passing moves from defence.

You''re right about the loans, it isn''t great that they are not our players but I tend to agree with Roeder when he says that the upside is that we do have more quality at the club than we would have if we had bought all of our players. I''m sure he''s not happy about depending so heavily on the loan market and suspect that he would very much like to turn some of them (particularly the three you mentioned) into permanent deals. I suppose that all depends on what happens with the Cullum thing before Jan.

Anyway, good to hear from you, get well soon you old b*****d [;)] [:D],

take care!

Regards

[/quote]

Now Arto you lovely old boy , I did send you my best wishes in a e-mail but I don''t suppose you saw it, never mind . On the football front Arto I have one thing to say to you .WE ARE BACK....arrdee.

Thanks for the info perm and the kind words [:D]. Got to agree with what you and Roeder say about the loans. I did read that Bertrand and the other fella would cost in region of 5 million! Lets hope Roeder can turn our club into a premiership loaning club!!

I hope you are feeling much better Arthur.

I am very optimistic about our chances this year.  I think the back four looks really solid and we have played a pleasing style of possession football.

My main concern is not the loans but the hole in the finances. I have seen enough of Roeder to judge that he has a got a "good eye" for a player - we have picked up some excellent players - young and old. If clubs don''t renew our mid season loans, I think Roder will be able to replace them, provided he has the money to do so. The gap in the finances must make this harder. Can you imgine the frustration if we get into a promising position and can''t replace the likes of Sibierski/ Bertrand?

The other concern is injury to key players - I already think that Stefanovic is irreplaceable and one of the keys to our style of play this year. Plus if we lose Sibierski to injury we are back to square one.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Regards

[/quote]

Welcome back Arthur,and I hope you''re feeling better. We are playing good stuff at the moment .We were superb,particularly in the first half, against Brum,and, according to those who went,we totally dominated a poor Plymouth side yesterday.Sibierski and Lupoli seem to hit it off straight away yesterday,and Kennedy and Sefanovic also look good,although Clingan''s loss is a blow. I assume that you are up to date with off field stuff,ie the Turners leaving and Delia looking for new investment.We are still waiting to see if Cullum re-enters the frame,although there is an interesting thread elsewhere on the board about City shares.

[/quote]

Cheers mate, i heard the Brum game on the Radio.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Regards

[/quote]

Now Arto you lovely old boy , I did send you my best wishes in a e-mail but I don''t suppose you saw it, never mind . On the football front Arto I have one thing to say to you .WE ARE BACK....arrdee.

[/quote]

Sorry Arrdee my old matey, i didn''t get any e-mails but thanks anyway, much appreciated. It seems we are back indeed. Early days i know but board politics aside our great club could be on the up again[Y]

[quote user="Badger"]

I hope you are feeling much better Arthur.

I am very optimistic about our chances this year.  I think the back four looks really solid and we have played a pleasing style of possession football.

My main concern is not the loans but the hole in the finances. I have seen enough of Roeder to judge that he has a got a "good eye" for a player - we have picked up some excellent players - young and old. If clubs don''t renew our mid season loans, I think Roder will be able to replace them, provided he has the money to do so. The gap in the finances must make this harder. Can you imgine the frustration if we get into a promising position and can''t replace the likes of Sibierski/ Bertrand?

The other concern is injury to key players - I already think that Stefanovic is irreplaceable and one of the keys to our style of play this year. Plus if we lose Sibierski to injury we are back to square one.

[/quote]

Thanks Badger, i''m getting there! I agree [a first!!] with what you say. In my mind stefanovi is the bargin of the season.

Regards

[/quote]Look after yourself Arthur. There''s only one of you.

On the subject of losing the loans if we do well (promoted) then it may not be such an issue as we shall have to get in at least half a new squad. I heard the TV commentator on the Stoke/Everton match today saying that Stoke had spent 19m on 10 new players. A splendid match by the way. I didn''t think Stoke looked too out of place at all.

If we do well but miss out on promotion then I agree with your concern.

By the way, I think that Glenn Roeder deserves all the luck in the world for the brave way he has gone about his work in very trying circumstances.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Regards

[/quote]Look after yourself Arthur. There''s only one of you.

On the subject of losing the loans if we do well (promoted) then it may not be such an issue as we shall have to get in at least half a new squad. I heard the TV commentator on the Stoke/Everton match today saying that Stoke had spent 19m on 10 new players. A splendid match by the way. I didn''t think Stoke looked too out of place at all.

If we do well but miss out on promotion then I agree with your concern.

By the way, I think that Glenn Roeder deserves all the luck in the world for the brave way he has gone about his work in very trying circumstances.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Agreed, if we do well [promotion] we''ll need the funding for 6-7 players and i''m not sure we''d get it with the status quo. Thanks for the kind words Bly......Only one Arthur Whittle, one Arthu.............

Sorry you havent been well Arthur and hope you´re feeling much better now.[:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Well I''m glad you are back on the mend Arthur, was sorry to hear you''ve not been to cracky, just you take it easy ya hear?

[/quote]

I''m a lucky old so and so. Dorris takes good care of me bless her heart. Cheers.

Good to see you posting again Arthur [Y]

There was a similar thread for Wiz last week as he had been unwell too. Nobody told him about football though, just the boardroom shenanigans about Delia and Cullum. Horses for courses I guess [;)]

If you get to see Roeders team play in the near future it will help your recovery no end. They are a pleasure to watch[Y]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]Hope you are on the mend Arthur, just remember no chips - you know what they do to you !!![/quote]

No more chips for me again mate. [;)]

[/quote]

get well soon Arturo! you need to see your name sake score at Carrow road!

jas :)