Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

How many of you have watched from a box?

I''m watching courtesy of a business colleague this weekend so will be a prawn sandwich type.

How many of you have watched from a box and what''s it like?

Not watched from a box at norwich. But took a friend to see west ham v spurs a couple of years back to a mates box, The west ham fans were very volitile dont think my spurs mate was very impressed lol

I''ve been in a box once but not at Carrow Road.A friend who supports Sheff Wed got us free tickets in a box for Cov vs Sheff Wed last season and I gotta say it was a great way to spend the day.  Not sure I would want to do it every week but a 3 course meal with free alcohol and some one to come round and take a match day bet for you was a good experience as a one off.Down side for me was that i didn''t really feel that comfortable dresing in a suit for a match (I dress in a suit every day for work), atmosphere isn''t as good and missed the pub banter before the match

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

I''m watching courtesy of a business colleague this weekend so will be a prawn sandwich type.

[/quote]

No atmosphere - like watching a game with earplugs .......oh,and take some Windolene to clean the windows [;)] 

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[/quote]

Have done it a few times at Norwich and elsewhere. It doesn''t feel right at all,with very little atmosphere. It helps if the people with you are football types,but unfortunately corporate hospitality often involves freeloading tossers who are there for the free food and drink and don''t give a hoot about the game.

Depends where your box is.  In the Jarrold stand you watch the game from seats just outside thebox so you can actually feel the atmosphere but are a long way back.  The worst place to watch it is in the directors box because you feel you cant swear.   N&P and Barclay boxes are the worst as they feel like a peepshow.[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[/quote]

I had a box for a number of years. Get the right people and the atmosphere is great. Prawn sandwiches B****cks.

They had caviar and champagne and slummed like the rest of us!![:D]

You can hear the crowd but yes UNLESS the people with you are into it can be a bit sterile.

Just go and enjoy it after all you are still at Carrow road AND watching City.

My work has one in the Norwich & Peterborough stand and when i''m not playing i tend to use it. No atmosphere like everyone keeps saying but the free programme, food and drink do help!!

I''ve been lucky (or maybe unlucky) to have been invited to watch from boxes at Norwich and elsewhere. The best hospitality if you are a football follower is where you take a seat in the open air so you get all the atmosphere and the benefits of the lunch and some beverages in a function room or restaurant. The boxes which are behind glass tend to isolate you and muffles the sound even when the window vents are open, it''s a bit like watching on TV where the action is remote. The downside is you don''t know who you will have as companions so that also makes a big difference if you get pompous twits or enthusiasts. Also, at Norwish its much much better if you get a spot in thr front row as otherwise you can end up peering from the back and can''t see much. The box experience is just different from what most of us are used to but fine for a newcomer who attends out of interest or if you want some pampering. 

Been invited by a few dealerships when I worked in the Car business.  Can''t say I enjoyed the box; rather sit in the Barcloo lower.  Bonus is the food is excellent and we had a free bar which you can''t really complain about, we also got to vote the Man of the Match which turned out to be utter rubbish as we told Terry Allcock who we wanted (McVeigh) and the club just gave it to how they wanted!! Politcs.  Not sure if you get a free gift at the end anymore, we did, a little glass containter, etched with the Club badge etc - nice touch.  Anyway, enjoy.  [:)]

i did once... it was one of those "Chquita" banana Boxes.. but i couldnt really see the game at all... then it poured it down with rain and the box got soggy and disintegrated.. i wouldnt reccomend it.

jas :)

[quote user="AndyJR"]Been invited by a few dealerships when I worked in the Car business.  Can''t say I enjoyed the box; rather sit in the Barcloo lower.  Bonus is the food is excellent and we had a free bar which you can''t really complain about, we also got to vote the Man of the Match which turned out to be utter rubbish as we told Terry Allcock who we wanted (McVeigh) and the club just gave it to how they wanted!! Politcs.  Not sure if you get a free gift at the end anymore, we did, a little glass containter, etched with the Club badge etc - nice touch.  Anyway, enjoy.  [:)]
[/quote]

Thanks Andy

Like someone said ealier, I am watching city so its all good.

I''ll start up a "Kick off...throw it in....." and see where it gets me.

Probably ejected. [:(]

we have had some away fans in the Boxes behind the barclay.. always great to turn round and ahve a bit of banter with them when we score!

I remember an Arsenal fan in the box getting thrown out once for goading the barclay too...

jas :)

I''ve got tickets in the top of the terrace carvery which I use for business. I never ever accompany clients personally cause I''d rather use my tickets in the barclay.Foods great, beers even greater but the atmosphere is awfull.

[quote user="foggo7"]I''ve got tickets in the top of the terrace carvery which I use for business. I never ever accompany clients personally cause I''d rather use my tickets in the barclay.Foods great, beers even greater but the atmosphere is awfull.[/quote]It really irritates me the turgid cooking lager they serve up at half time in the Barclay, why can''t they get a half decent selection?  I would rather pay a little more and have something drinkable.  Sort it out Delia.  [A]

I got the opportunity the other week against birmingham to go in one in the Jarrold Stand.  It was a nice day out as the company laid on a free bar etc., seeing as it was with Aviva we got a couple of nice perks as well.

However, the atmosphere was appalling and what I find completely strange and unacceptable really was the fact you couldn''t stand in the box and watch the game.  The curtains had to be drawn due to licencing reasons, so you couldn''t have a beer inside the box and watch the game at the same time.

Can understand not being able to take your beer out of the box onto the stand but to not allow you to stand in your box and take a swig was a bit of a downside for me.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="foggo7"]I''ve got tickets in the top of the terrace carvery which I use for business. I never ever accompany clients personally cause I''d rather use my tickets in the barclay.
Foods great, beers even greater but the atmosphere is awfull.
[/quote]

It really irritates me the turgid cooking lager they serve up at half time in the Barclay, why can''t they get a half decent selection?  I would rather pay a little more and have something drinkable.  Sort it out Delia.  [A]
[/quote]

Yeah, the beer is absolutely awful isn''t it!!

Having watched from one of England''s finest boxes I believe I can add some value. Yep you''ve guessed it the beach huts at Luton!! What a scum bag of a place, I was wearing a City scalf and waving to the fans in the away end when security came and threatened to throw me out and then when we scored a chav came storming into the beach hut and started to threaten me!! Who cares we won!!