Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

My thoughts on Plymouth

Managed to get to the game yesterday (sorry I didnt contact you Paul, but I stayed at my dads the night before so couldnt have shared lifts).

We played very well - but - it was against 10 men. Up until our first goal (which was completey against the run of play) Plymouth were controlling the game. After we scored we became much more composed and then outclassed Plymouth when they had 10.

Pattison - cannot understand why he played. He was guilty of two glaring misses, his passing was inaccurate and his positioning needs improvement.I think Croft would have been a better shout.

Sibierski - yes he set a goal up, and yes he scored, but he was very lazy. He is the archtypical french player, flair but no graft. I hope it is down to a lack of match practice but he didnt move around the pitch particulary well. That said, having a target man up front makes such a difference!! and his free-kick was pretty awesome.

Lupoli - looked very threatening, not sure why he was subbed so early but looked threatening.

Our back 5 look awesome. Very solid, midfield needs a little improvement and strikeforce will be good over the season.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

Managed to get to the game yesterday (sorry I didnt contact you Paul, but I stayed at my dads the night before so couldnt have shared lifts).

We played very well - but - it was against 10 men. Up until our first goal (which was completey against the run of play) Plymouth were controlling the game. After we scored we became much more composed and then outclassed Plymouth when they had 10.

Pattison - cannot understand why he played. He was guilty of two glaring misses, his passing was inaccurate and his positioning needs improvement.I think Croft would have been a better shout.

Sibierski - yes he set a goal up, and yes he scored, but he was very lazy. He is the archtypical french player, flair but no graft. I hope it is down to a lack of match practice but he didnt move around the pitch particulary well. That said, having a target man up front makes such a difference!! and his free-kick was pretty awesome.

Lupoli - looked very threatening, not sure why he was subbed so early but looked threatening.

Our back 5 look awesome. Very solid, midfield needs a little improvement and strikeforce will be good over the season.

[/quote]

Give the guy a break. Every website/newspaper I''ve seen gave him MOTM and said he was superb! Too much time down the pub before the game maybe? LOL

Sorry Blainsey, can''t agree with some of that and think that perhaps you''re being a wee bit harsh.

I thought Pattison was impressive again following his performance at Cardiff and is a good bet particularly for away games.

Sibierski caused panic in their defence and won a lot of balls in the air. Sure he tired midway through the second half but he''s had very little football of late.

Agree about Lupoli, we did look less threatening when he was subbed. He works very hard off the ball and perhaps GR is treating him with kid gloves to ensure no hamstring problems etc. and also agree that the back five look a good unit.

My main gripe would be how we started to defend deep in the last 15 minutes or so. You could just feel a goal would be conceded.

Finally I would just like to say that we stayed in the same hotel as the team on the Friday night. Of course they all behaved impeccably. Lee Clarke saw that we were yellas and came over and had a word with us. Absolute top bloke. He didn''t have to do that but chatted for a few minutes and was very interesting. I can imagine he is popular with the players. He''s very enthusiastic and told us how he really loves the job.

What with that and the win, we were very happy Bury Chappies!

Sorry I have to disagree as well. pattison was guilty of an horrendous miss but other than that had another decent game hence all the papers rated him our best player. i don''t see how you think Sibierski was lazy either. The potential combination between him, lupoli and Hoolahan is very exciting.

The one player I do think we missed is Clingan but hopefully as Russell regains fitness he will take more of a grip on the midfield.

Yes I agree re Clingan. I was disappointed with Rusty but didn''t realise he''d been ''under the knife'' and with that in mind he did a brave job.

All in all these are beginning to look like exciting times.... I hope.

Can''t agree with most of that, Plymouth didn''t have a shot until the last minute of the first half and our goal was just one of two or three times sibierski played Lupoli or Hoolahan through. Yes Plymouth were pretty terrible, and yes it was against ten men but you can only beat whats in front of you and we did that. We did back off after the second goal though which is my only criticism.Sibierski slowed towards the end, but a goal and an assist was an awesome contribution. Keep doing that

Pattison was immense, he shot when there was an opening and with more luck and against a keeper who isn''t as good as Stack (who has been awesome for Plymouth thus far) he could of scored a couple. Glaring miss aside, he was fantastic.Lupoli was very dangerous, he was on a yellow... and maybe Roeder wanted to see Curo and Sib together once we were 2 up.

Well, that''s what we have been missing isn''t it? Flair? We have ten grafters, we don''t need another one, we need someone who can turn games with a flash of brilliance. Yes he did score and yes he did set up a goal. Yes he went out and did what he is paid to do. Well done the frenchman!

To come to the defense of Matty patty and his miss, you could say he was put off by the guy sliddign in front of him, put that and the ball was a tad behind him, it was good that he actully got it towards goal, there be it going over.

I think with Hoolahoops empty net he shouldn''t of tried to go past that palyer, yes it was a penalty but if he hit it first time hewould of scored.

Sibs is great he did what he need to he played those knock on headers to Lupoli who from a lucky deflection took his chance well. I do think he will have his best season yet with us after many years of half hearted seasons.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

To come to the defense of Matty patty and his miss, you could say he was put off by the guy sliddign in front of him, put that and the ball was a tad behind him, it was good that he actully got it towards goal, there be it going over.

[/quote]

hehe it was on his weak right foot but come on the goal was empty, i could have put that in with my weak foot

meh i tried he really should of scored your right. but i am giving him the denifite of teh doubt as i normally slag him after each game. can''t this time.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

meh i tried he really should of scored your right. but i am giving him the denifite of teh doubt as i normally slag him after each game. can''t this time.

[/quote]

i went to sheff wed last season and he missed an absolute sitter then, he seems very hot headed and lacks composure in front of goal

[quote user="ncfc_chris"][quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]

i went to sheff wed last season and he missed an absolute sitter then, he seems very hot headed and lacks composure in front of goal

[/quote]I reckon that once he gets his first goal the composure will come.  Based on the radio reports of saturday, he''s first goal will be a belter when it comes.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote] There''s nothing you say sir, that i don''t disagree with, simply.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]

Man Utd have just paid £30m for someone that sounds quite like your description above!

We don''t need another McKenzie, charging around the place like a headless chicken but not in the right place at the right time. We need some class, a canny player, and we''ve got one.

I am sorry guys, I appreciate you thoughts and comments and understand and respect them completely, but, I do stand by what I wrote. I honestly thought Pattison was poor and that Siberski (yes not match fit I agree) but he did look lazy.

Perhaps agree to disagree. This is the first time I have seen them play for ages so nothing else to base my thoughts on but that was what struck me.

Interesting comment about defending deep, yes we did do that and a goal against did look inevitable.