Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Too dependent on Sibierski - what was the point of getting Omar?

A bit like when we got Huckerby, we wondered what sort of team we were without him once he''d gone back to Man City. But then came Mckenzie and Svensson, and our attack was suddenly multi dimensional. The binners were singing "where''s your huck-erby" on derby day at there place in December 2004! And we all know what happened next.

With Lupoli, Cureton and young Luke Daley, why did we need Omar? Puzzling signing if you ask me given how aware Roeder was of our need for a physical presence up front. Now we have it, we''re only one injury away from being toothless again. We NEED cover if we want to challenge, Roeder must know that.

[quote user="a1canary"]A bit like when we got Huckerby, we wondered what sort of team we were without him once he''d gone back to Man City. But then came Mckenzie and Svensson, and our attack was suddenly multi dimensional. The binners were singing "where''s your huck-erby" on derby day at there place in December 2004! And we all know what happened next. With Lupoli, Cureton and young Luke Daley, why did we need Omar? Puzzling signing if you ask me given how aware Roeder was of our need for a physical presence up front. Now we have it, we''re only one injury away from being toothless again. We NEED cover if we want to challenge, Roeder must know that.[/quote]

Omar''s time will come. He will offer us something different. As the confidence of the team grows he will be introduced and from what I have seen so far the fans will love him.

Nutty, for someone who joined this forum a full 3 years after me, your post count is most spectacular!

It amounts to around 6 posts PER DAY. That can''t be right - can it!?

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]not really any harm in getting him in on loan, not sure if we''re paying his wages but if we are they can''t be very high, he obviously has raw talent and pace so gives Roeder another option[/quote]

I must admit that I''ve been puzzled as to why he wasn''t thrown on against tiring defenders in the Brum and (particularly) Plymouth games.Can''t see that he would have done worse than Jaimie "my second touch is a tackle" Cureton! Perhaps,as Nutty says, GR is biding his time.

I went to the match yesterday and Sibierski made the difference. Excellent flicks-on, lay-offs and a cool head. Not much energy or desire to run ( ! ) but he made Lupoli''s goal and then used his experience to hit the ball low and hard from distance to score the 2nd goal. We wondered why Lupoli was substituted. Although he had taken a couple of knocks he seemed Ok at the time of substitution and, sad to say, we didn''t look the same attacking force when Cureton came on - to be frank, he looked a little overweight and off the pace. I think Roeder made what he thought was the right choice at the time but, having watched Cureton play the last half an hour or so,  I think that he may well choose Koroma next time round in a similar situation. Their defence was tired, down to 10 men after 30 minutes of the first half, they really were run ragged at times with Patterson excelling. With the benefit of hindsight I think that Roeder wishes he had put on the young and pacey Koroma rather than Curo. I also think that Roeder has now seen proof at first hand that a target man was indeed the missing piece of the jigsaw and is already working on bringing in another target man as an insurance policy for the injury prone Cyber Ski. IMO this is vital.

Curo seems to have lost it, certainly for pace, so if Arturo were injured Omar would have as good a claim as Curo perhaps. If both Art and Sib were injured or suspended.......? Rusty couldn''t fill both positions!

[quote user="Salopian"]Curo seems to have lost it,
[/quote]

Did he ever really have it?

Wasn''t quite good enough the first time he was here and that hasn''t changed during his second stint.

Koromas just a headless chicken!

Eagle will never make the grade at Norwich as long as hes got a hole in his backside!

Therefore no point in signing either!

Keeping Huckerby and not having Koroma and Eagle would of proved much more successfull even though it may of cost more!

[quote user="scott"]Koromas just a headless chicken![/quote]Based on what? A couple of sub appearances? Remember he''s very raw but I think he''s got some talent. He''s new to the game over here and needs to be given a chance.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="scott"]Koromas just a headless chicken![/quote]
Based on what? A couple of sub appearances? Remember he''s very raw but I think he''s got some talent. He''s new to the game over here and needs to be given a chance.
[/quote]

Oh Graham, don''t you go spouting your logic when (in Docs absence) there is a need to find a new scapegoat [;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="scott"]Koromas just a headless chicken![/quote]
Based on what? A couple of sub appearances? Remember he''s very raw but I think he''s got some talent. He''s new to the game over here and needs to be given a chance.
[/quote]

Pathetic isn''t it.

[quote user="a1canary"]A bit like when we got Huckerby, we wondered what sort of team we were without him once he''d gone back to Man City. But then came Mckenzie and Svensson, and our attack was suddenly multi dimensional. The binners were singing "where''s your huck-erby" on derby day at there place in December 2004! And we all know what happened next.

With Lupoli, Cureton and young Luke Daley, why did we need Omar? Puzzling signing if you ask me given how aware Roeder was of our need for a physical presence up front. Now we have it, we''re only one injury away from being toothless again. We NEED cover if we want to challenge, Roeder must know that.[/quote](a) Were we really "toothless" without Siberski? We scored two on Saturday, but two against Cardiff and one against Birmingham without him.(b) Variety is the spice of life.(c) Cureton''s past it, and Daley doesn''t look close to first team action. Renton, maybe.

[quote user="a1canary"]Nutty, for someone who joined this forum a full 3 years after me, your post count is most spectacular! It amounts to around 6 posts PER DAY. That can''t be right - can it!?[/quote]

Why can''t it be right a1[:^)] Maybe I have more to say than  you [:^)]Maybe that''s why you start more threads than me[:^)] Maybe I spend more time on here than you[:^)] Maybe you''d rather be doing something else when I''d rather be here[:^)] Maybe you spend more time on other sites than me[:O]

What do you think of Koroma as a player?

Koroma will get his chances Harry would not have let him come here all season if he was not going to get some games , and  reading Waghorns latest article it seems we have less than zero chance of signing Lupoli, and there is the problem with too many loanees , however well this side does next season half of them wont be here.

[quote user="Lord Snooty "]I went to the match yesterday and Sibierski made the difference. Excellent flicks-on, lay-offs and a cool head. Not much energy or desire to run ( ! ) but he made Lupoli''s goal and then used his experience to hit the ball low and hard from distance to score the 2nd goal. We wondered why Lupoli was substituted. Although he had taken a couple of knocks he seemed Ok at the time of substitution and, sad to say, we didn''t look the same attacking force when Cureton came on - to be frank, he looked a little overweight and off the pace. I think Roeder made what he thought was the right choice at the time but, having watched Cureton play the last half an hour or so,  I think that he may well choose Koroma next time round in a similar situation. Their defence was tired, down to 10 men after 30 minutes of the first half, they really were run ragged at times with Patterson excelling. With the benefit of hindsight I think that Roeder wishes he had put on the young and pacey Koroma rather than Curo. I also think that Roeder has now seen proof at first hand that a target man was indeed the missing piece of the jigsaw and is already working on bringing in another target man as an insurance policy for the injury prone Cyber Ski. IMO this is vital.[/quote]I was also at the game on Saturday and Cureton didn''t look overweight at all, he chased down every ball and closed in on the defenders at every opportunity, he ran ragged!

With all the squad leaving at the end of the season, it will clear the way for Cullum to come in with a £20m warchest and then we can build our Premiership Team for 09/10! I think Marshall would be the only permenant player up for the prem. Maybe Rusty and Dejan if he''s still kept up his fitness.