Sign in to follow this  
Tore Raaen

Worthy chasing Jonatan Johansson

Well, it finally seems something might happen with Johansson and Norwich...

Any thoughts on this? How good is he? I haven''t seen him play I think..

Not any better on what we have why do you think he isnt in the charlton side it isnt really rocket science. lets buy someone with promise or with a decent record umm a certain player at crewe please nigel!!! look what stead has done at blackburn im sure mr ashton can do the
same so lets stop messing with half hearted buy''s

Yeah, I agree with you on that part...I don''t concider Charlton a better side than Norwich, so if Jonatan is on the bench with The Athletics, he sure might wind up at the bench at city..Though I feel we should give more room to Leon. A steady goalscorer with pace. And saying he ain''t combining well with Hucks, is bull....Though i reckon Nigel wants a target man up front, that might see Doherty getting a more attacking role, at least until we find our new striker...!

I say sign him up. IMO Charlton are where we want to be in 3/4 years. They''ve established themselves as a Prem side, expanded the stadium and attracted top players. I think JJ could do a good job for us. He''s been in the Prem for quite a number of years. He knows the game and knows the style. His arial presence is just what we need.

Keep the faith

He may have been in the prem for a number of years , but he has not played many games in those years so i am guessing he ain''t up to the task IMO.

Agreed, he doesn''t look to be a decent signing at all. If he had pace/power, or was good in the air, I''d be happy. But he has neither of these attributes and has hardly set the world alight at Charlton. I''m hoping that this is a media smokescreen for a decent signing.

From what I hear, here in Finland - he really isnt upto the Premier league - alot of Finns who are now playing in UK are just not quite good enough - seems their level is about ok for the 1st division - Forsell being the exception - also feeling here is that Svensson is a good 1st division striker but maybe not sharp enough for the premier. I say go for Harewood.

Johansson has scored 24 goals in 74 games he''s played in the prem, not brilliant but there may be scope for improvement if he started regularly. Still prefer Harewood though.

The strike rate is better than I thought - as good as anyone at this club and playing at a level above too... Signing him would mean that we have to learn to pass to him at chest height or below rather than anywhere near him at random..

Still prefer ashton though.

OTBC

It would be nice to see McKenzie and Jarvis given a chance to see what they can do before we bring in yet another striker. Svensson has been given 2 starts and produced nothing, then we play a centre half up front, what message does this send to McKenzie and Jarvis. I know we don''t see these players in training during the week, but from what little I have seen this season of McKenzie and Jarvis they deserve a chance to start the match.

boro bloke, you have a short memory. Huckerby wasn''t in the Man City side when we signed him either.
Theres plenty of reasons other than talent that players end up out of the managers plans.

I would rather dean ashton from crewe or marlon harewood from west ham

Although can''t see us being able to afford harewood at the reported 2 million in the papers

Johansson going to be cheapish + he''s got premiership experience and not a bad scoring record. I don''t want to downheaten supporters but i feel that if we don''t get jj then it will be no-one