Sign in to follow this  
Iwan is God

The filth sign Stead permanently...

How is this possible outside the transfer window???

Ipswich make Stead deal permanent

Jon Stead

Ipswich Town have signed Sheffield United striker Jon Stead on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee after the player agreed personal terms.

The 25-year-old former England Under-21 international was initially signed on a three-month loan earlier this month.

Stead scored a debut goal in Town''s 2-0 win over Reading on Saturday and was delighted with the move.

"Its been a fantastic weekend, what with scoring, getting the three points and finalising my move here," he said.

Stead began his career at Huddersfield Town, scoring 22 goals in 68 games before moving to Blackburn Rovers for £1.25m in 2004.

"It was an easy decision to make, joining the club," he added.

Ipswich chief executive Derek Bowden told the club''s website: "It was always our intention to sign Jon on a permanent deal after we had agreed a fee with Sheffield.

"But to avoid having to rush things through at the last minute, with Jon having to race down here from Sheffield on deadline day, we agreed the loan.

"That gave us proper time to discuss personal terms and we have now agreed."

Stead netted eight goals in 42 games for Blackburn before moving on to Sunderland and then Sheffield United.

He spent 18 months at the Stadium of Light, before switching to Bramall Lane in a £750,000 deal in January 2007.

He scored five goals in 14 appearances for the Blades that season, but could not stop them being relegated from the Premier League.

Good player, good signing.

Not sure how the transfer works though. Maybe they''ve agreed the deal with Utd but he''s technically speaking on loan until the window when they can change his registration over or something...

If Sibierski can prove he has the fitness over the next 6 games, I would like to see him sign permanently..

My Uncle is an Ipshit fan and has has season ticket since he was in his 20''s (hes now 49 ish). He has never said anything nice about Norwich in any conversation about football I have with him apart from today. I was taking the piss about Stead (i didnt realised he has signed at the time) and he wasnt to impressed with him and was saying how he thinks Sibierski is a quality player and cant believe Ipshit have Stead when players like Sibierski were avaliable. (obviously Glenn Roeder has a huge advantage being his ex manager in getting him here though).

I would suggest other Ipshit fans feel the same way!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]

I thought you could sign players that you have on loan outside of the transfer window?

[/quote]No you can only sign players on loan and those out of contract outside the window.  The Stead deal will be similar to the deal we did for Etuhu, with everything agreed, contracts signed etc etc but the deal will not being registered until 1st Jan.

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]waste of money anyway if you ask me, he''l get a few, but nothing spectacular, I cant see him as a striker to fire a team to promotion.[/quote]

think bit jealousy here, he may not be the prolific 20goal man but will get 12-15goals which could be vital

who will get those for noriwch? lupoli possibly! siberski wont score many but will create loads (so im not knocking him) but you dont have that standout goal getter like an earnie do you. thats what you need! but sadly theres no one like that who remotley available (talking inside t.window)

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]waste of money anyway if you ask me, he''l get a few, but nothing spectacular, I cant see him as a striker to fire a team to promotion.[/quote]

think bit jealousy here, he may not be the prolific 20goal man but will get 12-15goals which could be vital

who will get those for noriwch? lupoli possibly! siberski wont score many but will create loads (so im not knocking him) but you dont have that standout goal getter like an earnie do you. thats what you need! but sadly theres no one like that who remotley available (talking inside t.window)

[/quote]

p!ss me my spelling normaly poor but today its even worse if thats possible lol

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

I think there is a bit of jealousy here. He may not be the prolific ''20 goal a season'' striker but he will get you around 12 to 15 goals which could turn out to be vital.

Who will get those goals for Norwich? Lupoli, perhaps. Despite the fact Sibierski will not score many goals, he will create loads so I am not knocking him.

Yet despite this you do not have that stand-out goal scorer like an Earnshaw do you? That''s exactly what you need but sadly there''s no-one like that in the transfer window that''s available.

[quote user="we8wba"]

think bit jealousy here, he may not be the prolific 20goal man but will get 12-15goals which could be vital who will get those for noriwch? lupoli possibly! siberski wont score many but will create loads

[/quote]

Sibierski has one goal in one game so far.

Lupoli has already scored three.

I think it''s fair to suggest that both are capable of scoring 12-15 goals a season (obviously that is dependant on Sibierskis loan being extended or turned into a permanent in January).

[quote user="we8wba"]think bit jealousy here, he may not be the prolific 20goal man but will get 12-15goals which could be vital[/quote]To you, w8wba, and to the rest of you who think he''s a good purchase for the "richest club in East Anglia", I say this: Check his scoring record.  You have to go back about 5 or 6 years to find a season in which he''s scored into double figures... 8 goals is the highest he''s managed since.  Still think we''re just being jealous?

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="we8wba"]

think bit jealousy here, he may not be the prolific 20goal man but will get 12-15goals which could be vital who will get those for noriwch? lupoli possibly! siberski wont score many but will create loads

[/quote]

Sibierski has one goal in one game so far.

Lupoli has already scored three.

I think it''s fair to suggest that both are capable of scoring 12-15 goals a season (obviously that is dependant on Sibierskis loan being extended or turned into a permanent in January).

[/quote]

lupoli will get the goals for sure

siberski i think will get 10-12 goals, he more target and striker who does the dirty work i.e flick ons. what you do have is the added benefit he can shot from distance etc....

im not knocking him he terrific signing for you guys. remember he only on loan till xmas isnt he. so may only score 6goals before then

I think stead''s a good buy for them. His goal was class at the weekend, and if he gets going, he can be a real handful. I''m hopeful we''ve got what we need though, and Sibierski''s ideal for us as the experienced target man who still has a spring in his step, unlike the much touted Steve Howard for example. We needed someone older to compliment Lupoli. I''m afraid it might be curtains for Cureton barring one of the AA get injured.

siberski is the best option available to you guys at the time in the role you needed (target man)

im unsure on lupoli although he certainly has the potential but he needs to find the conistancy

"im unsure on lupoli although he certainly has the potential but he needs to find the conistancy"English not being your first language

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ah w8wba, how we missed your squirming... you back-pedal faster than a Tour de France video in rewind...
[/quote]

find where i said siberski isnt any good and then your correct! you have no case as i''ve always said he decent purchase

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ah w8wba, how we missed your squirming... you back-pedal faster than a Tour de France video in rewind...
[/quote]

Yes, it''s always great to hear the "balanced view" from We8.

He twists and turns like a twist turny thing.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]Not really that impressive to be honest, I would have Alan Lee over Stead anyday.[/quote]

seen lee 2weeks ago and he was utterly useless. doesnt move, doesnt hold the ball. counago is ipswich best striker in my opinion!

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ah w8wba, how we

missed your squirming... you back-pedal faster than a Tour de France

video in rewind...[/quote]

find where i said siberski isnt any good and then your correct! you have no case as i''ve always said he decent purchase

[/quote]

I know you didn''t say Sibierski is any good, but you did say:

[quote user="w8wba"]

think bit jealousy here, he may not be the prolific 20goal man but will

get 12-15goals which could be vital who will get those for noriwch?

lupoli possibly! siberski wont score many but will create loads[/quote]

Suggesting that Stead was a good buy for the Scum and that we should be

jealous because he''s the kind of goalscorer we don''t really have, other

than (possibly) Lupoli.  Then you say...

[quote user="w8wba"]siberski i think will get 10-12 goals[/quote]

Or, in other words, about as many as Stead, negating your previous point...

Or, in other other words "I''m going to say something

contra-versial to get a rise then change my mind when I realise no one

is biting because my wind-ups are lame..."

Squirm, wriggle, pedal, squirm...

i think its a good signing for them. we have sibs and lupoli, very good players but realistically we have no hope of signing them and come january when siberski goes back we will be buggered

I''ve always liked Jon Stead and wouldn''t have minded him here at Norwich, he isn''t an out and out striker who will bang in loads of goals but he is a classy player who works the channels well and brings others into the game, for a footballing side like ourselves and i hate to say it Ipswich he is an asset

You can sign a player permanently outside the transfer window, when they are already on loan to you.

e.g. Defoe in January. Pompey couldn''t confirm the funds immediately - waiting to sell Benjani - so brought him in on a loan deal then signed him permanently a few days later.

Think thats right [8-|]

Anyway, I think Stead is a decent signing. Not spectatcular, but I wouldn''t have minded him here as second choice to Sibierski.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

You can sign a player permanently outside the transfer window, when they are already on loan to you.

e.g. Defoe in January. Pompey couldn''t confirm the funds immediately - waiting to sell Benjani - so brought him in on a loan deal then signed him permanently a few days later.

Think thats right [8-|]

[/quote]

Yeah I''m pretty sure thats the rules, have seen it quite alot recently. Although if you loan someone outside the transfer window (like we did with Martin Taylor) that cant become permanent outside of the window.