Sign in to follow this  
bigbear

QPR and Sheff Utd

We have 2 very hard games coming up, ones where after the Blackpool game, I looked at in dread.  Now however, I see them as games where we can show the division how good we really are.  Unfortunately when we get the chance to do that, we usually fall flat on our faces!  QPR have spent a fair bit of money and obviously have plenty of it to burn, but they are not the whole package yet, early in the season, even though they have made a good start is a good time to get them,while they are still finding their feet, just like we are to a degree, but being the home team, hopefully we will take the game to them and finish victorious. 

I''m more worried about Sheff U though, last year we managed to beat them at home, but that was after they missed some glorious chances, had the lions share of pocession and had a (what looked a perfectly good goal) goal dissallowed for offside.  They will want revenge, but I believe we are stronger, so its down to see if they have improved enough also.  They are obviously riding pretty high in the league, but if we have aspirations of challenging for promotion, then these two teams are teams we need to get positive results against, especially at home.

We need to make Carrow Rd a fortress again, with help along the way from good away results.  As per usual, this season, the teams who do the best will be the most consistent, especially winning home games. Playing pretty passing football is great to watch, but it also seems out team can muck it in when they have to.  I just hope they don''t go overboard with it all like they did last season, how many red cards did we end up with again by the end of the year? 

I agree. I think that our attacking options have improved greatly with the signing of Sib and increased confidence on the part of Lup. IF the defence, which generally restricts opponents to a few long range efforts, can maintain concentration and not concede silly goals, then I would expect us to win one game and at least draw the other.

All the teams we have played so far this season are winning tonight. Says alot that we outclassed them all doesnt it? This season will get much better, counts my words.