Sign in to follow this  
joe Houghton

Greeno leaving i hope not

hi everbody,

thought id post a message to say how annoyed id be if we let Greeno go to get hucks.in fact id be tempted to blame all those who gone so crazy about Hucks. From lookin on various ncfc sites recently ud think that we only put one player on the pitch and that everything we eva do good is because of Hucks. Well from what we''ve seen in recent games and even when he was playin well we dont need him as much as Greeno.If as supporters wed use a bit of objectivity towards things wed stop going crazy about Hucks and realise the devastation to our chances of promotion losing Greeno would bring. How many time has Greeno rescued us?Lots and consistently over 3 seasons.we cant waste money on Hucks who is unproved at a club when he''s been there for more than 3 months.Huckerby is not the answer, we are not a 1 team, we are a team and if i was any other player than Hucks id be getting P*ssd of that fans seem to adore a guy who''s been here 5secs more than me.Support the whole team!Keep Greeno!

I completely agree. BUT...

If we want cash he is the only option. Or possibly Drury. McVeigh is near the end of his contract so wouldn''t command much. Since we are a selling club it''s pretty amazing that we haven''t made any major sales for the purposes of collecting a big transfer fee since bellamy. The choices are simple - if nige wants a decent fighting fund to tackle the second half of the season with, the only way he can get it is to let greeno go and collect the 2 or 3 mil, plus huckerby, or not. The alternative, is not to sell anyone and use what''s left in his transfer budget to extend the loans (crouch, maybe harper) and maybe get some more in.
Given the success of the first loan spells, lets hope he goes for this option and that he can pull three more rabbits out of the hat! I think it could be the future for div 1 clubs: NW manages to bring two more exciting loan players to go with Crouch and it refreshes and invigorates the team in the same way it did the first time, giving us fresh momentum for the next part of the season. Of course, two more exciting loan players - easier said than done!