Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Helveg, Bentley....................

How that goal didn''t make the BBC''s top 10 goals of the season I will never know, bloody Alan Hansen, had that of been someone like Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard who scored it then it would have won goal of the season hands down!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]What does that have to do with Helveg and Bentley.. I don''t understand.[/quote]Listen to the first two words the commentator says...

[quote user="Fellas"]Those were the days... Makes me feel a bit sad considering how bad the past 3 seasons have been...[/quote]Worthy knew what he was doing..

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Fellas"]Those were the days... Makes me feel a bit sad considering how bad the past 3 seasons have been...
[/quote]

Worthy knew what he was doing..
[/quote]

Which is why he spent a large part of that season avoiding playing Helveg, Bentley and Safri until he had no choice!!!???!!!  Worthy lost the plot at the start of that season,  regained it with ten games to and lost it forever at Fulham.

Spot on.  Worthington had a strong team and HUCKERBY but once we went up and he had to be more dynamic he lost the plot.  He was an average manager who got found out and has done f*** all since.[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Fellas"]Those were the days... Makes me feel a bit sad considering how bad the past 3 seasons have been...[/quote]Worthy knew what he was doing..[/quote]

Which is why he spent a large part of that season avoiding playing Helveg, Bentley and Safri until he had no choice!!!???!!!  Worthy lost the plot at the start of that season,  regained it with ten games to and lost it forever at Fulham.

[/quote]

Talking of goals of the month etc...i was watching the 50 best goals in the Premier league on sky the other day. I got so bored with Aresenal, then Liverpool, the ManuRe, then Chelski that i gave up. Was that Safri goal in it? And how come Gossy''s goal at Leeds when we won 4-1 in 1994 wasn''t in the top ten? If that goal wasn''t one of the best, then the programme was fixed!! [:@]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Spot on.  Worthington had a strong team and HUCKERBY but once we went up and he had to be more dynamic he lost the plot.  He was an average manager who got found out and has done f*** all since.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Fellas"]Those were the days... Makes me feel a bit sad considering how bad the past 3 seasons have been...
[/quote]

Worthy knew what he was doing..
[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

He''s gone, now get over it and lower your tone young man!