Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

How do you beat Arsenal?

kidnap Viera before the game and stamp on Henry''s toe. It might also be useful to give Reyes a heavy dose of laxatives so he keeps leaving the pitch.. Then...
..you might just have a chance!

Ensure their coach breaks down on the A11 (I don''t mean be so nasty to Wenger that he cries) thereby resulting in Arsenal forfeiting the match.

Even though I am a City optimist and this the Battle of the Champions there can only be one result if they turn up on time - can''t there???

it´s well known that arsenal don´t really play with an out and out frontman, so don´t play 4 at the back. that´s wasting 3 men straight away as henry will drift out to the left touchline to be marked by helveg. it´s their midfield which is the force, with runners coming from all angles and i think that´s what u have to match. play 3-5-2 or even, and it sounds weird, 3-6-1 with our midfield playing them at their own game. whatever happens the midfield would have to make sure they go with their runners. do i win a fiver?

Dirty Lyle, you surely haven''t seen our 6-1-3-0 formation then. With Youssef Safri playing the kick-the-hell-out-of-Henry role just in front of the back 6?!

And, hey, who needs to beat them anyway? Let them draw their way to the title again and keep our CR fortressed. 0-0 would be lovely to me.

To beat them or even get a draw, we (the crowd) have to get 100% behind the team, and give Arsenal as much abuse as possible. No groans at any of our players at all. give our lads confidence and undermine theirs like we did against Chelsea in the Cup a few years ago, and if possible get one of em sent off like we did to Etherington against West Ham last year.

I actually think that this is one situation where the crowd may well do a Portsmouth from minutes 1 to 90 because of the enormity of the task ahead of the team. A wall of noise is a must for all the best of reasons. As to beating Arsenal, I have a spare fiver for the magnificent ref and his very able assistants if they are interested?!?! (On second thoughts, perhaps I''ll buy a bottle of water and a programme instead!)

The way to beat Arsenal?, hmm, easy peasy. With a combination of a Thompson sub machine gun and a thermo nucular explosion, thats how!. Although it can be a bit messy, it should be a doddle!.

Being serious, we can''t. Maybe if Worthy and Bently in particular, pleads very nicely to them beforehand, they will take pity on us, and be gentle and stop at 4 or 5!.

I''m not being of much use am I?. But at least I''m being realistic.

I''ll be glad when this one is over and done with.

Well, presumably Gunners can shoot and Canaries can fly, so we have to neutralize their strength. How about having a few trucks of fog shipped in for the occasion?

To be honest, I''d reccomend a 5-4-1 formation with two centre-backs sticking to their strikers, and a sweeper hanging back ready for the killer pass.

Then again, I am an idiot.

well the easy option is give them all to me and i''ll wear them all out so wthey will all my hopless for the match :@)

We resort to sneaky tricks!

Turn on the fire alarms in the hotel. In the dressing room, we put itching powder on the seats, turn the heating up and play subliminal messages saying you are rubbish and you''re going to lose. Get Delia to cook them a rally salty meal, so that they take on more water and need to keep nipping off the pitch for a toilet break. Issue the Barclay and Riverend supporters with straws or portable fans, so that we can blow the football away from the goal.

Hmmm, there not going to work either! Its going to have to be sheer hard work from the boys and lots of support from us. Its going to be a feast of football and its one match that I have been really looking forward to for months.

OTBC.