Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Steffen Iversen. Will Roeder be back in for him in November?

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

Roeder has chased him all summer so will he go back in for him when the Norwegian season ends in November?

I know we have Sibierski on loan but will this make any difference? I hope not.

[/quote]reckon roedy would love to - but with the turners outa the scene, do we have the dosh???

The question seems to be one of finance. Can we afford Rosenbergs''s price, and if we can are we going to be out-bid by other clubs with more money? (Recently at least Iversen has been scoring pots of goals and clubs besides ours have been watching. Do we have any pull which the others lack?)If I had to bet, and if Sibierski returns to Wigan, I would bet that despite all GR''s efforts overthe summer we are not very likely to sign him. I think that Iversen would be a cracking signing, but his club and other clubs think the same.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]I''d like to think so but I suppose it all depends on cash doesn''t it.[/quote]

How are we off for bottle tops? because sure as hell there''s no cash.[:S]

Delia has put money in to cover that am i not right in saying. I think it would be Ideal to get him if Sibierski goes back. Let''s hope it happens. I don''t think it''s money, it''s Rosenburg being stubborn.

We only have Siberski till Jan. I goes without saying that he will need replacing, thats if the Siberski deal isnt made permanent of course.

Iverson has scored freely of late, his price tag will no doubt be a fair bit higher. Damn those internationals!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]I''d like to think so but I suppose it all depends on cash doesn''t it.[/quote]

[/quote]

Change the record as this one has got stuck......

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

your determination to find something to moan about is simply staggering

[quote user="ched seven"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not sure Wiz and Mac are moaning - surely they are just telling it like it is? it all comes down to money at the end of the day and we have very little [me sticking up for Mac! now there''s a first..... next thing GR will be saying what a great guy Neil Adams is!]

[quote user="ched seven"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Call that a moan? He ain''t even in first gear yet.Stick around & you''ll see .........

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="ched seven"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not sure Wiz and Mac are moaning - surely they are just telling it like it is? it all comes down to money at the end of the day and we have very little [me sticking up for Mac! now there''s a first..... next thing GR will be saying what a great guy Neil Adams is!][/quote]Of course he''s ''telling it as it is'' and on this occasion he''s right we simply don''t have enough finance to buy him, but he''s also ''moan moan moan'' as everyone knows, we could be champions of europe and he''ll still be moaning about the state of the cavier being served up

Rosenborg refused to sell him before the end of the season, despite the fact that he wanted to go (to England).  Their season ends in November, therefore he will go to England.  By the sound of it he had struck a deal of sorts with Glenn so all indicators point to him being our man come January. Am I right in assuming we can''t sign him in November unless he is out of contract?  Does anyone know if he is?

As for the cash, well the Turners doing a bunk left a £1.5 mil hole in this seasons budget, Delia pumps in another £2 mil, no hole.  Now we have obviously paid something for Sibs (small fee perhaps + wages?) but, should he have to return to Wigan in Jan, that money is freed up, plus what we were obviously going to pay for Iverson anyway.

The way I see it is, if he is out of contract in November Roeder will attempt to get his signature then. If he is under contract we will wait til Jan, then, if we can''t get Sibs on a permanent/season long loan, Glenn will attempt to buy Iverson as he first intended too.  I can''t see them both here if Iverson is going to cost much, it''ll be one or the other.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="ched seven"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure Wiz and Mac are moaning - surely they are just telling it like it is? it all comes down to money at the end of the day and we have very little [me sticking up for Mac! now there''s a first..... next thing GR will be saying what a great guy Neil Adams is!]
[/quote]

Ha ha![:D] Yeah, bloody hell that''s a turn up. [:)]

To clarify, I meant that I suppose it depends what (if anything) happens with the Cullum situation.   

[quote user="Scooby"]

Rosenborg refused to sell him before the end of the season, despite the fact that he wanted to go (to England).  Their season ends in November, therefore he will go to England.  By the sound of it he had struck a deal of sorts with Glenn so all indicators point to him being our man come January. Am I right in assuming we can''t sign him in November unless he is out of contract?  Does anyone know if he is?

As for the cash, well the Turners doing a bunk left a £1.5 mil hole in this seasons budget, Delia pumps in another £2 mil, no hole.  Now we have obviously paid something for Sibs (small fee perhaps + wages?) but, should he have to return to Wigan in Jan, that money is freed up, plus what we were obviously going to pay for Iverson anyway.

The way I see it is, if he is out of contract in November Roeder will attempt to get his signature then. If he is under contract we will wait til Jan, then, if we can''t get Sibs on a permanent/season long loan, Glenn will attempt to buy Iverson as he first intended too.  I can''t see them both here if Iverson is going to cost much, it''ll be one or the other.

[/quote]

He''s not out of contract,but I believe that their season ends before the end of the loan window,so that''s a theoretical possibility.However,I have a strong suspicion that a deal has been done whereby he will join us permanently in January,although whether the events of the last couple of weeks will affect that,God only knows!I also agree that we won''t be able to afford both as things stand.

Hi All,

Been keeping track of the pink''un forum for a while but this is my first time posting.

Although based in Nottingham, I do frequently go over to Norway on business and get to watch a bit of Norwegian football. Iverson is very highly regarded in Norway, arguably one of their biggest players, and having seen him play I think would do a superb job for City - his ability to bring people into the game as well as his aerial power would be a huge asset. Will we get him? We have to be in with a chance. My impression from reading the Norwegian media is that he has been very professional and not spoken-out about Rosenborg''s reluctance to let him go (when they did have an informal agreement with him saying they would), but has been quite impressed by Norwich / Roeder''s determination to land him - stands us in good stead. That said, ultimately it will probably come down to two things: (1) the thorny money issue and whether we have the money to buy him; (2) whether City are in a strong position approaching the transfer window (i.e. pushing for the play-offs / promotion).

OTBC

[quote user="Notts_Canary"]

Hi All,

Been keeping track of the pink''un forum for a while but this is my first time posting.

Although based in Nottingham, I do frequently go over to Norway on business and get to watch a bit of Norwegian football. Iverson is very highly regarded in Norway, arguably one of their biggest players, and having seen him play I think would do a superb job for City - his ability to bring people into the game as well as his aerial power would be a huge asset. Will we get him? We have to be in with a chance. My impression from reading the Norwegian media is that he has been very professional and not spoken-out about Rosenborg''s reluctance to let him go (when they did have an informal agreement with him saying they would), but has been quite impressed by Norwich / Roeder''s determination to land him - stands us in good stead. That said, ultimately it will probably come down to two things: (1) the thorny money issue and whether we have the money to buy him; (2) whether City are in a strong position approaching the transfer window (i.e. pushing for the play-offs / promotion).

OTBC

[/quote]

Welcome to the board,Notts Canary,and thanks for an informative first post.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote] Scooby - spot on mate, .........my thoughts exactly could not have put that better.

[quote user="Bassy"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote] Scooby - spot on mate, .........my thoughts exactly could not have put that better.[/quote]i could be wrong - but even though the smiths have put £2m in - i was under the impression we are still left with the £1.5m black hole>>>who knows for sure???

I think you''re right LGT. I read somewhere that the £2m was planned before the Royal Norfolk Show and expected the Turners to do likewise. Obviously that didn''t happen and they left for whatever reason.

We could have Michael Owen here and still not score. Our inability to be creative in the final third is painful; as in the past couple of seasons, teams will just come here and put players behind the ball and challenge us to break them down - and guess what, we won''t be able to do it, because we''re not good enough, as tonight against 10 men showed. We could have been there until tomorrow evening and still not scored.