Sign in to follow this  
Delias Tasty Nibblets

Just seen QPRs goal...

Its gone about a yard to the right of Marshall, on his side, with the wall covering the other side, what the hell was he doing? I rate Marshall but thats ridiculous.

Also, the changes of formation, Bertrand didnt seem to want to go forward, why not try 3-5-2 with bertrand and croft as wing backs?! No way we were gna pass through the middle of their choad shaped defenders.

as mentiond on match report by someone qpr were down 10 men for what 60minutes of the game? but had 57% of possession

that is the major worry

[quote user="we8wba"]

as mentiond on match report by someone qpr were down 10 men for what 60minutes of the game? but had 57% of possession

that is the major worry

[/quote]

Why would that worry you we8? We can come up with our own opinions thanks very much.

I somehow doubt that fact tbh, it sounded like we were just passing it around at 2mph without any passing and movement, pace, intelligence, drive!

I think weve got a good squad, well capable of finishing 6th-10th, which would be an improvement, but I''m just p****d off that i wasted 2 hours of my life listening to that ambitionless rubbish, the least you can ask for is commitment.

[quote user="we8wba"]

that is the major worry

[/quote]

Yes a worry that need not concern you, either get a life or stay on a Wolves MB, I don''t care which just as long as you take a hint and do one!

yeah - i was sitting in the jarrold, and could see marshall frantically flapping his arms - organising the wall to move to his left side - i pointed out to the missus that qpr had one of their brick sh*t houses in the wall on the right side, and would be pushing city''s hobbits either side to create space for a grasscutter to squeak in...guess what, a sweetly struck shot gave marshall no chance whatsoever - rooted to the spot like a flaming beanstalk - cos the ball got through the wall...ouch - doesn''t inspire confidence...we seem to love to gift other teams goals by our mistakes - at least clinkers wasn''t on the pitch to give a pen away!!!

[quote user="we8wba"]

that is the major worry

[/quote]I''m sure it is a worry. Q.P.R are going to tie up one of the automatic places this season so your Wolves are going to be fighting over the remaining one. I''d be worried in your position without a doubt.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."][quote user="we8wba"]

that is the major worry

[/quote]

I''m sure it is a worry. Q.P.R are going to tie up one of the automatic places this season so your Wolves are going to be fighting over the remaining one. I''d be worried in your position without a doubt.
[/quote]

They''d better unroll that famous banner in time for May.

Getting back to their goal, if we had put a player on each post, their free kick wouldn''t have been a problem.My first game this season, and that was it.  Hey ho.  We needed pace up front, on the occasions when QPR broke they looked dangerous, when we pushed up the field, it was methodical, controlled, but by the time we hit the final third they had 9 men behind the ball.  The ball went out wide later on, but crossing into a crowded box was never likely to give us the goals we needed.QPR were very cynical - Gorkks causing Curetons'' head injury within 10 seconds of his arrival, off the ball instances designed to level up the match to 10 each, very nearly worked a couple of times too. Stefanovic nearly lost his rag when one of their players pushed him after he was given a yellow card towards the end.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Getting back to their goal, if we had put a player on each post, their free kick wouldn''t have been a problem.My first game this season, and that was it.  Hey ho.  We needed pace up front, on the occasions when QPR broke they looked dangerous, when we pushed up the field, it was methodical, controlled, but by the time we hit the final third they had 9 men behind the ball.  The ball went out wide later on, but crossing into a crowded box was never likely to give us the goals we needed.QPR were very cynical - Gorkks causing Curetons'' head injury within 10 seconds of his arrival, off the ball instances designed to level up the match to 10 each, very nearly worked a couple of times too. Stefanovic nearly lost his rag when one of their players pushed him after he was given a yellow card towards the end.[/quote]agreed - typical dowie side - aided by a weak ref,,,who seemed forever desperate to make up for sending one of their players off - yet despite dowies dugout rage at the decision, the player himself was already walking down the tunnel - he knew he had to go...

The sad thing is it was a needless free kick in the first place. Then further mistakes from Fotheringham led to them scoring. The first two and they tried to knock it over the wall. Had our captain remained calm and not charged down the ball on one occasion we most likely wouldn''t have conceded. It is also right to say that Marshall should have done better with his organising of the wall. I was sat in the River End and could see that hole in the wall so god only knows how our number one missed it.

[quote user="we8wba"]

that is the major worry

[/quote]

I can''t wait until the Wolverhampton tour bus rolls in to Town.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Getting back to their goal, if we had put a player on each post, their free kick wouldn''t have been a problem.

My first game this season, and that was it.  Hey ho.  We needed pace up front, on the occasions when QPR broke they looked dangerous, when we pushed up the field, it was methodical, controlled, but by the time we hit the final third they had 9 men behind the ball.  The ball went out wide later on, but crossing into a crowded box was never likely to give us the goals we needed.

QPR were very cynical - Gorkks causing Curetons'' head injury within 10 seconds of his arrival, off the ball instances designed to level up the match to 10 each, very nearly worked a couple of times too. Stefanovic nearly lost his rag when one of their players pushed him after he was given a yellow card towards the end.
[/quote]

Funny you should mention that.  In the very old days when I was in goal for the hapless Reading (Third Division South) and the even more hapless Worcester City I had a standard technique for free kicks - the two full backs on each post and when they were in position I did my best to organise the "Wall".

That was then, of course, and tactics have obviously changed.  Most successful free kicks are those which get over the "Wall" or take a deflection off it and with my old fashioned method there are three of you given the chance to **** it up, or not as the case may be.[:|]

keep them envy coming lads, i''ve not said anything to cause a stir on this post but the jealosy keeps ouzing out

i''ve always said its out 3 teams for top 2 - wolves, birmingham and reading

i think birmingham are certs for one place

the way we''re playing we''re certs - but few untimely injuries to say ebanks blake or kightly and we be pretty much average

qpr - at the moment dont have enough to be top 2 but then theyres another window around the corner and they have $$$ so if they in touching distance i would worry more (if we were still there)

as to the banner - why bottled it that year after losing 4 times in 5 years in semi of playoffs. if this bunch give it their all and come 3rd, 6th they wont get critised, if they believe theyre up in march and lose the lead then they will. simple really!

i love how you guys try to take a pop out team with record of 16pts from 18available. somewhat laughable.

[quote user="we8wba"]

keep them envy coming lads, i''ve not said anything to cause a stir on this post but the jealosy keeps ouzing out

the way we''re playing we''re certs - but few untimely injuries to say ebanks blake or kightly and we be pretty much average

qpr - at the moment dont have enough to be top 2 but then theyres another window around the corner and they have $$$ so if they in touching distance i would worry more (if we were still there)

as to the banner - why bottled it that year after losing 4 times in 5 years in semi of playoffs. if this bunch give it their all and come 3rd, 6th they wont get critised, if they believe theyre up in march and lose the lead then they will. simple really!

i love how you guys try to take a pop out team with record of 16pts from 18available. somewhat laughable.

[/quote]

Are you really this stupid?

Go away.

Pathetic, that just about sums up our efforts last night. If this is the best we can expect then sorry we have to start getting ready for relegation battles even as early as now. I don''t think one player performed even to average standard, even the manager had a crappy game. 4 months ago bookies were predicting City to come bottom 3, looks like they were not far of the mark eh?

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]The sad thing is it was a needless free kick in the first place. Then further mistakes from Fotheringham led to them scoring. The first two and they tried to knock it over the wall. Had our captain remained calm and not charged down the ball on one occasion we most likely wouldn''t have conceded. It is also right to say that Marshall should have done better with his organising of the wall. I was sat in the River End and could see that hole in the wall so god only knows how our number one missed it.
[/quote]

In fairness,Ledesma bought the free kick as he did several others.The minute he felt Dejan behind him he went down as if shot,but why Pattison felt the need to jump with his hands up right on the edge of the box I don''t know,and Fozzy was just brainless.I was level with it in the Jarrold,and he was about three yards away form the ball when the lad hit it!As for the wall,I think Marshall was convinced that Ledesma was going to take a curler,as evidenced by the fact that his weight was all to his left and he couldn''t move to his right when Reynolds shot.Having said that,the wall couldn''t have been lined up properly anyway.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Pathetic, that just about sums up our efforts last night. If this is the best we can expect then sorry we have to start getting ready for relegation battles even as early as now. I don''t think one player performed even to average standard, even the manager had a crappy game. 4 months ago bookies were predicting City to come bottom 3, looks like they were not far of the mark eh?[/quote]

Obviously not,with only 40 games to go.

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Are you really this stupid?

Go away.

[/quote]

I think you only have to look at the way he writes to get your answer Ween.

''keep them envy coming'' ... I''m properly gobsmacked by that one, lol! [:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Getting back to their goal, if we had put a player on each post, their free kick wouldn''t have been a problem.

My first game this season, and that was it.  Hey ho.  We needed pace up front, on the occasions when QPR broke they looked dangerous, when we pushed up the field, it was methodical, controlled, but by the time we hit the final third they had 9 men behind the ball.  The ball went out wide later on, but crossing into a crowded box was never likely to give us the goals we needed.

QPR were very cynical - Gorkks causing Curetons'' head injury within 10 seconds of his arrival, off the ball instances designed to level up the match to 10 each, very nearly worked a couple of times too. Stefanovic nearly lost his rag when one of their players pushed him after he was given a yellow card towards the end.
[/quote]

Funny you should mention that.  In the very old days when I was in goal for the hapless Reading (Third Division South) and the even more hapless Worcester City I had a standard technique for free kicks - the two full backs on each post and when they were in position I did my best to organise the "Wall".

That was then, of course, and tactics have obviously changed.  Most successful free kicks are those which get over the "Wall" or take a deflection off it and with my old fashioned method there are three of you given the chance to **** it up, or not as the case may be.[:|]

[/quote]

Well, in this situation it was a bit of a no-brainer.  The free-kick was on the edge of the pen area, and practically dead centre.  Putting a wall of 8 or whatever it was just left the keeper unsighted.  I don''t care how fast the keeper thinks he is, if he can''t see the ball through a crowd of players 5 yards in front of him, he won''t be quick enough to get to the ball.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, in this situation it was a bit of a no-brainer.  The free-kick was on the edge of the pen area, and practically dead centre.  Putting a wall of 8 or whatever it was just left the keeper unsighted.  I don''t care how fast the keeper thinks he is, if he can''t see the ball through a crowd of players 5 yards in front of him, he won''t be quick enough to get to the ball.

The idea of a wall normally is that you''ve got to have some sight of the kick or that''s how it used to be. Times have changed clearly.