Sign in to follow this  
Al Yellow

The first target is survival

How many points do posters think we''ll need to stay up? Traditionally people always seem to talk about 40 points being the magic number. Last season I believe all three of the relegated teams ended up on only 33 meaning that 34 would have been enough for survival.

I think this year it may be possible to stay up with a historically low number of points. We''re likely to see something similar to last season with your top 3 (or maybe 2 / 4 / 5) teams running away and then the middle block ranging from 40 to 50 points. Think we can expect six or so teams to come in at 40 points or lower. Remeber last year, I think I''m right in saying, sixth place and below were closer in points to relegation than to the top two.

The other theory of course is that everyone can beat each other (outside the top 5) and you may see a massive clustering come the end of the season. In which case 40+ will be required.

What do people think about asking Mr Raven to put a points ''run rate'' on the website. We could base it on 40 points and keep track week by week if we''re on track for survival.

So posters any thoughts?

I think we''ll need less than 40 for survival. There will be more teams than ever in a relegation battle this year and so hopefully the target will be less. I''m still aiming for 40 points though. 1 down 39 to go!!

Keep the faith

For some reason the number 37 keeps coming into my mind, perhaps because 7 is the day of my birthday in the seventh month of the year and is hence my lucky number. Could it be City''s this year too?

Get on with your work, Gari! I know you have a busy schedule today as you have a long weekend off, so I don''t expect any more posts today from you!!! (It''s ok folks, I do know Gari and he is always as rude as that to me hence he expects the same back, and some!)

Three games down, two points on the board. From the fixtures we had I''m pretty sure we''d have taken this if it had been offered at to us a couple of weeks ago. The points run rate is looking good so far but more importantly those players look like they''re really starting to believe they''re good enough to stay in the Prem. Once Holt works the last of Bertie Vogts training out of the system he''ll come good and prove the doubters wrong and then we''ll be motoring.........

As well as a points run rate I think we should have a fans optimism chart tracking the mood of the fans as the season progresses.

Mainly gloom (or disappointment) after palace, slowly improved after OT and now soaring following SJP. I am sure it will dip again at some stage...

OTBC